• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Confused about Edur vs Letherii

#1 User is offline   Steamer 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:22 AM

Hi all

Here is a question that has been baffling me and is most likely a dumb question but go easy as its been a while since I read the previous tome.

Where did the tiste edur come from? I always thought they resided on the lether continent?

I'm confused as in the RG prologue they talk about finding war canoes from.the invasion but I thought the edur were already the inhabitants and rulers of lether?

Can someone please.give me the dumb down version?

Also the incoming war party with karsa and co aboard? Why are they an invasion party heading to lether?

Thanks in advance

Steamer

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:48 AM

I think that unless you want to get spoiled you should just keep reading, because both questions are answered later in the book.

#3 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 18 March 2021 - 05:57 AM

With as few potential spoilers as possible ^^

The Tiste Edur lived to the North of the Empire of Lether, on the same continent

The canoes don't belong to the Tiste Edur. They belong to someone else. Just keep them in the back of your mind.

The fleet Karsa is currently with is not an invasion force. That's the Edur/Letherii fleet, send out by Rhulad to find champions to fight him, on it's way home. They nearly clashed with the fleet of the 14th Army and wipped out the population of an island belonging to the Malazan Empire in tBH.

Enjoy your read Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Steamer 

• Sergeant

Posted 18 March 2021 - 07:57 AM

Thanks Coltaine that makes total sense now! I am enjoying the start of RG (currently at 11%) despite some negative commentary about it being boring.

Goodreads user Petrik, the self proclaimed king of fantasy, gave this book a horrid review.

I'm loving it. WITNESS!

#5 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 18 March 2021 - 10:04 PM

No idea who Petrik is, but RG in my opinion is one of the best books in the series.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6 User is offline   Steamer 

• Sergeant

Posted 19 March 2021 - 03:17 AM

Thanks Gorefest, I like that comment.

Petrik is essentially a know it all when it comes to fantasy. He is big on goodreads but that is basically his life, outside of being a janitor in Indonesia.

I for one am loving RG so far !

#7 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 19 March 2021 - 07:13 PM

View PostColtaine -, on 18 March 2021 - 05:57 AM, said:

With as few potential spoilers as possible ^^

The Tiste Edur lived to the North of the Empire of Lether, on the same continent

The canoes don't belong to the Tiste Edur. They belong to someone else. Just keep them in the back of your mind.

The fleet Karsa is currently with is not an invasion force. That's the Edur/Letherii fleet, send out by Rhulad to find champions to fight him, on it's way home. They nearly clashed with the fleet of the 14th Army and wipped out the population of an island belonging to the Malazan Empire in tBH.

Enjoy your read Posted Image

Great explanation.

I have to read this clash scene again. My favorite scene in the series.

Cedaaaaaa

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users