• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Elden Ring

#121 User is offline   Bapop 

• Lord of the Dining Tray
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 April 2022 - 07:19 PM

I did the respec into more of a dexterity build rather than being meh at everything. Attempted the final boss and succeded first try. Now into new game plus and trying to remember where to go in the beginning. :D
"I will live forever or die trying"

#122 User is offline   Bapop 

• Lord of the Dining Tray

Posted 18 April 2022 - 08:21 PM

Managed to beat new game plus by only going for the mandatory bosses and a lot of luck. I think I'll try a new magic user and rediscover all the stuff I blundered past on the horse in my first playthrough.
"I will live forever or die trying"

#123 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 April 2022 - 08:52 PM

Sizable update rolled out today. Haven't investigated, but I'm guessing bug fixes with a number of buffs and nerfs? I think when I get back to playing, the experience could be radically different.

#124 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 19 April 2022 - 09:44 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 April 2022 - 08:52 PM, said:

Sizable update rolled out today. Haven't investigated, but I'm guessing bug fixes with a number of buffs and nerfs? I think when I get back to playing, the experience could be radically different.

Probably removed the bug exploits that were de facto easy mode. Just as well, keeps me from being tempted to (spend too many hours) play(ing...).

#125 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 03 May 2022 - 03:34 PM

This game is enormous.

I've hacked through the main story bosses right up to the last one, but there are still greyed out areas on the map.

So I've left the final one, and gone back to explore further. Found some optional bosses, and a few challenging fights like the assassin in the evergaol - quickest boss so far, more like a sekiro fight.

I'm in the Haligtree now, new place full of tree house platform buildings like the elvish parts in LotRs.

I feel like I've finished the game story wise, but there are still loads of things I ran past early game to go back to, and places I haven't even set foot in yet.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 03 May 2022 - 03:34 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#126 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 June 2022 - 05:11 PM

Finally got my console back and jumped into Elden Ring. Yeah man, the thing I love about Elden Ring (and souls games) is they don't tell you anything and you just discover new shit, like, new shit even after you think you have picked an area on the map clean. Like this:

Check it out, I found that werewolf dude.

Posted Image

I like the cut of his jib.

#127 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 22 February 2023 - 08:49 AM

It's a weird case for me. I loved DS1, so by soulslike criterium I should love Elden Ring. I love open world games, so by open world criterium I should love Elden Ring. I love Pirahna Bytes games, so by questionable streamlining I should love Elden Ring.

And yet, I've tried twice, but so far I can't quite stick with it. I find myself entirely unmotivated to continue after about 5-6 hours. I'm working up to try again sometime this year, hope I can make it work, as by all accounts this should be one of my favourite games...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#128 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 22 February 2023 - 08:35 PM

I really should trying get back into this. But each time I think about it, I think back to the start of the war, and I lose motivation.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#129 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 22 February 2023 - 09:58 PM

I finally wrapped up my first play through on Monday. Yes, it took a year. But I completed pretty much everything and I don’t get to play a lot. It was the first game in a while that I really enjoyed playing.
Ran a straight Strength build, just bonking the shit out of gods with a greatsword.

Started a second play through as a Dex/Int mage
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#130 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 February 2023 - 07:55 AM

I've finished this game twice. I'm waiting for a dlc to make a third run. It will be the second game I ever platinum I reckon.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#131 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 28 February 2023 - 11:16 PM

Finally. DLC

https://twitter.com/...cJD03bo4A2KZnew
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users