• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL Discussion

#1 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:29 AM

It's 2021 (happy New Year everyone!) and because of how off kilter things are now and overlap due to covid I figure might as well get this thread created so we can start discussion of next season, even as we steamroll into the playoffs for the current season. So much is already taking shape for next season.

- Urban Meyer will be named coach of Jacksonville Jaguars? What the what!

- Cam Newton is probably done as a Patriot, right?

- Where will OBJ end up?

- What major moves do teams already have in the works? Where will Sam Darnold end up for example? What other big time moves? Rumor JJ Watt could be leaving Texans. Wouldn't that be something if he joined his brother at the Steelers?

- And the biggie, where will Trevor Lawrence start his professional career? He's supposed to be the best QB prospect out of college since Andrew Luck, so that is much hype he as to live up to.

That is some of the buzz that's got my football gears turning. Lets keep it rolling pigskin peeps, what do you think will be the big stories in the early off season and as we turn our attention to Super Bowl 56?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 11 September 2022 - 08:53 PM

#2 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:50 PM

Okay, things are starting to move fast. Always happens on the Monday after the regular season is done. So New York Jets and Las Angeles Chargers (ugh, it's fuckin' San Diego jack holes!) have fired their head coaches.

So, who do you guys think will be hired for these jobs? As these things go, the teams that have showed exemplary success become the cherry picking grounds for head coaching jobs. With that in mind, there has been discussion in the past that Eric Bieniemy (offensive coordinator for KC Chiefs) could be taking a head coaching job. I could see him getting one this off-season. Not sure it would be the Chargers though, because that would be in division rival with Andy Reid. But I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a job somewhere. Jets org is a dumpster fire, so I think they are not ideal for most head coaching prospects. They'll have to find someone. Ha! Josh McDaniels please.

#3 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:51 PM

I will be Stunned if Eric Bienemy isn't a head coach for someone this time.

I keep seeing/hearing Urban Meyer for a couple college and NFL jobs. It seems like he turned down the Texas Longhorns? Understandable; there'd be too much competition for him to want to go there. It doesn't seem likely he will take a NFL job and not have "total control" over talent, as in, being his own GM too. Cause that always works well! Houston Texans-Bill O'Brien anyone? Urban bailed on Florida when his cupboard got a little bare ERRRRR...he came down with health issues, only to take the Ohio State job less than 2 years later, if I'm not mistaken. Supposedly, health had something to do with his Ohio State step down though it was more about the wife abuser he covered for on his staff at UF and OSU. I just don't see the guy holding up to the grind of the NFL and I think any owner that throws everything at him to get him will come to rue the day.

#4 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 January 2021 - 02:07 AM

Haven't really followed Urban Meyer's career trajectory, other then what the media has attached to and put on blast, like his health issues and his so called ignorance about the abuse by a coach on his staff. I guess he has refused interviews that want to ask him questions about an NFL job. Not sure what that indicates, some seem to think it means he is in serious talks about an NFL job. And some hot talk sports radio/podcasts say inside sources have dropped anon info that he is assembling a staff. So, I guess we'll see. Could be just rumor mill talk to get more clicks/views.

#5 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 January 2021 - 06:06 PM

Trevor Lawrence has made it official and will enter the NFL draft this year. Let the maneuvering commence!

#6 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:13 PM

The rumor mill keeps turning out the hot take hits. Deshaun Watson may request to be traded.

#7 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 08 January 2021 - 04:07 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 07 January 2021 - 06:13 PM, said:

The rumor mill keeps turning out the hot take hits. Deshaun Watson may request to be traded.

Clearly there is no guarantee that having great talent gets you great success in the NFL. But it seems criminal how multiple seasons now of Deshaun Watson's career have been utterly wasted by the handling of the rest of the team's personnel by the head coach/GM.

#8 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 January 2021 - 04:45 PM

Usually not a great idea for one person to be in the role of GM/Coach.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 09 January 2021 - 04:47 PM

#9 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:36 PM

Has the Heisman Trophy been awarded yet? I'm so out of touch with what has been going on with college football (don't give it a lot of attention in general, tbh), with covid and all the delays and stops and restarts, I wasn't even sure if the Heisman was being awarded as is normally scheduled. I think Trevor Lawrence is probably the shoo-in to win it, yeah? Which I'm not a big fan of him winning because the Heisman has a history of NFL disaster for the individual who wins it.

#10 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:09 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 January 2021 - 09:36 PM, said:

Has the Heisman Trophy been awarded yet? I'm so out of touch with what has been going on with college football (don't give it a lot of attention in general, tbh), with covid and all the delays and stops and restarts, I wasn't even sure if the Heisman was being awarded as is normally scheduled. I think Trevor Lawrence is probably the shoo-in to win it, yeah? Which I'm not a big fan of him winning because the Heisman has a history of NFL disaster for the individual who wins it.

It was last Wednesday or Thursday, I think? It was done remotely; I didn't watch it. The wide receiver from Alabama won it, though.

#11 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:48 PM

Ah, okay. It was completely outside my orbit of awareness. College championship tonight, then I guess we will be turning our attention to the NFL draft.

As my team got embarrassed by the Browns, I will be turning most of may attention to next season. There's going to be an additional game added to the schedule starting next season (for a total of 17). Not a fan of that. Injuries already play a big roll in teams' success. Adding another game dilutes the product and increases the likelihood more injury affected games.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 11 January 2021 - 07:48 PM

#12 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:40 PM

Yikes! 52-24 last night. So, Roll Tide I guess. How many of the players on field last night do you think we'll see this season in the NFL?

#13 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:19 PM

Well my pigskin peeps, things be happening. Doug Pederson out as coach of Philly. Ooof, what a fall from winning the Super Bowl only three scant years ago. Can you believe it? I'm not sure what happened there, you guys know? I know Carson Wentz (QB) was having a terrible season, but other than that, not sure. Who do you think will replace Doug Perderson?

Also, John Elway steps down as GM for Broncos. A good thing and overdo. Everyone thought Elway would be the quarterback whisperer because of his storied career during his heyday with the team. But it never panned out. Other than bringing in an aged and limited Peyton Manning, he never could get THE GUY. Instead, Elway is known for a string of a bunch of hyped, "next thing" guys who never panned out. Excited to see what George Paton can do. Other then coming from the Vikings, I know nothing about him.

#14 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:39 PM

It's official, Urban Meyer will be the new head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Want to see who he has on his coaching staff. Also, who plays for the Jaguars? I don't think I can name one player. Oh, wait, do they have that Gardner Minshew guy at QB?

#15 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:38 PM

Hey football fr33k5, any new news that is pertinent to the upcoming season? I guess Sam Darnold could be staying with the Jets now, which is a good and smart thing for the Jets. Eric Bieniemy's name is really making the talk circuit of potential head coach jobs, but I think he may be content in KC. You guys hearing anything?

#16 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:24 PM

So guys, only conference championships and Superb Owl left. So, what are your hopes and dreams for the battle to Superb Owl 56? I think we're going to see a lot of dust farting QBs wave goodbye. What do you guys think?

#17 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:53 PM

New coach for Detroit. Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 January 2021 - 04:42 PM

So guys, any news impacting the upcoming season? Matt Stafford leaving Detroit, where will he go?

What are you guys hearing for your teams?

#19 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 29 January 2021 - 05:28 PM

Deshaun Watson demanding a trade is going to shake the QB tree a pretty good amount, I'm thinking...

#20 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 January 2021 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, some rumors he could land with the Patriots. Stafford has been mentioned as going to the Broncos.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users