• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL Discussion

#101 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 September 2021 - 07:33 PM

Monday morning quarterback time.

Broncos 3-0, but how bout them Raiders sitting at 3-0 also. Who predicted Chiefs would be 1-2 in that division?

Dang, the Rams look damn near unbeatable. Gave Bucs first L. Who knew Carolina would be undefeated in that division?

And the Steelers, lets just not talk about the Steelers. It's ugly.

#102 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 29 September 2021 - 01:15 PM

I was not at all surprised that the Bucs lost to the Rams. The Bucs secondary is in the place they were at the start of last season, giving up the pass all over the place. This year, at least part of the reason is DB injuries; there are a ton of guys hurt already. They may be signing Richard Sherman, apparently he visited Tampa. If the defensive line doesn't get to the QB, (Jason Pierre Paul was also out that game) the good ones will slice up the current secondary.

I suppose the loss will be good for insuring the Bucs DON'T lose at New England this coming week. Brady won't be having ANY of that...

The Chargers/Chiefs game was fun to watch. Justin Herbert looks like a real keeper.

I completely forgot that your Steelers have Dwayne Haskins on the roster too. Is there any indication they think he can be good? I haven't heard a word about him since preseason? Ben is still putting up good numbers but his INTs seem to be up and they're not winning. He seems to be about done...

#103 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 October 2021 - 06:14 PM

Yeah, it could be argued that Justin Herbert is the best QB in the division. Controversial I know, but sometimes Mahomes lets the "rabbit out of the hat" mindset dominate.

I don't know much about Dwayne Haskins. I don't think he is the next QB for the Steeers (well he is if the Steelers don't have a plan). Ben gets numbers on paper, but they are hollow, empty results. In crucial situations, from what I've been seeing and reading, it's been pretty dismal.

Oh my, Richard Sherman signed by the Bucs. "Don't you ever open your mouth and talk about me! LOB!" The Bucs have employed the Cowboys' strategy of taking in "complicated / difficult" players with "baggage." Seems to be working though.

But how about Tommy Terrific going into his old home this Sunday? Man, that's going to be setting records for viewers. Here's some very interesting data: Tom Brady has beaten 99 coaches over his 22 seasons. Belichick would be his 100th. Isn't it weird how numbers reveal themselves like that? 100, and it will be his former coach (if they win). Dang though, there's been a lot of talk about this game and the past between Brady and Belichick.

#104 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 01 October 2021 - 08:45 PM

There's been far too much focus on Bucs/Pats, if you ask me but I suppose I get why. Another ridiculous stat about the game is that (I believe) Brady has been beaten every single team in the NFL - except the team he used to play for, NE. And he will almost certainly take over the all time passing yardage from Drew Brees, I would think by halftime. I think he needs 60 some yards?

I don't forsee any kind of issue with Richard Sherman joining the team. I was never of the opinion that he was a cancer or malcontent in the locker room. He's had a few moments and a few epic quotes. The incident that happened earlier this year seems to have caused him to reflect on a lot of things. His football experience could actually be beneficial to the rest of the Bucs secondary. Can he still play at a high enough level to really help, would be my question.

#105 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:54 PM

Dang man, that kick went KA-BONG! Brady, always the consummate professional, handled all the questions afterward perfectly. Everyone talking about Arizona now. Wonder if the Raiders will keep a goose egg in the L column.

#106 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 October 2021 - 05:16 PM

Dang, Broncos @ Steelers today. Even though Steelers are my primary, I'm pulling for Broncos, cause Steelers season is probably already a wash. I don't have much hope that the Broncos will do much either, but they are my only faint ember of any hope. So "buck 'em, Broncos"? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#107 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 October 2021 - 02:34 AM

Goodbye Jon Gruden. Who had him (or any coach for that matter) losing his job before Urban Meyer?

#108 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 October 2021 - 09:12 PM

Well, it seems like Arizona is going big and wants to get to the big dance this year. They traded to acquire Zach Ertz from Philly. Primarily the acquisition is to fill the position after Cardinals starting TE had a season ending injury. I don't think they use the TE as much as most teams, but Ertz is no slouch.

#109 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 October 2021 - 10:17 PM

Alright Tompa Baydy, pump the breaks (35 - 3 at half). We know you're the team to beat. Don't lay all your cards on the table yet. Make it competitive and lull us into false hope we'll see Green Bay or Arizona representing the NFC at the Superbowl instead. Then come in and rip out our hearts in the playoffs.

#110 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 25 October 2021 - 01:33 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 24 October 2021 - 10:17 PM, said:

Alright Tompa Baydy, pump the breaks (35 - 3 at half). We know you're the team to beat. Don't lay all your cards on the table yet. Make it competitive and lull us into false hope we'll see Green Bay or Arizona representing the NFC at the Superbowl instead. Then come in and rip out our hearts in the playoffs.

The best parts of the very comfortable win were: Mike Evans giving a fan Brady's 600th TD pass ball, not realizing, and a Bucs staffer negotiating with the fan for the ball back; and Brady spotting a kid in the stands with a "Tom Brady helped me beat brain cancer" sign, going over to him, giving the kid the hat off his head, shaking his hand and making the kid cry. In a good way. That was a really nice thing.

The Bucs defensive front was ALIVE today. If the secondary can get healthy for the 2nd half or even by the 3/4 pole of the season, I will be very happy.

#111 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2021 - 06:50 AM

View Postparan falcon, on 25 October 2021 - 01:33 PM, said:

The best parts of the very comfortable win were: Mike Evans giving a fan Brady's 600th TD pass ball, not realizing, and a Bucs staffer negotiating with the fan for the ball back; and Brady spotting a kid in the stands with a "Tom Brady helped me beat brain cancer" sign, going over to him, giving the kid the hat off his head, shaking his hand and making the kid cry. In a good way. That was a really nice thing.

The Bucs defensive front was ALIVE today. If the secondary can get healthy for the 2nd half or even by the 3/4 pole of the season, I will be very happy.

The moment with the kid was really cool. The evening news on Monday night had a segment giving a bit of his background. He's had a rough go of it but now things seem to be on the upswing for him.

#112 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:17 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 October 2021 - 06:50 AM, said:

View Postparan falcon, on 25 October 2021 - 01:33 PM, said:

The moment with the kid was really cool. The evening news on Monday night had a segment giving a bit of his background. He's had a rough go of it but now things seem to be on the upswing for him.

Was there an explanation as to how Brady inspired the kid to keep going or something? Or was it maybe just a "hook" in the sign to draw his attention? Not that I would care one bit if that's all it was.

Brady was also on the Manning Monday night simulcast in the 2nd quarter. Peyton nearly had me on the floor laughing when he called Brady "Single White Female Stalker, Stage 1". Because Brady has taken all Peyton's records and now all the same offensive coaches he had. The Manning cast is quite entertaining. The only drawback is the delay from everyone zoom calling. Everyone ends up starting sentences on top of each other, then they all pause to let the other go first.

#113 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2021 - 06:44 AM

The family is from Utah. I took from the segment on the news that the kid's struggle was chronicled on social media, although the segment didn't mention it explicitly. But in every picture the kid is wearing a Brady jersey and he set a goal of beating cancer, which he would follow up by seeing his favorite player in real life. So I don't think that moment was as organic as the kid was spotted in the crowd. I know TB 12 is pretty active on the socials these days, so I'm guessing there may have been some pre-planning involved. Regardless it was a really cool moment.

The Manning cast is television gold. I posted about it in the Television thread because you don't have to be a football fan to enjoy it, imo.

#114 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 October 2021 - 10:47 PM

Lol, the kicker for the Washington Football Team has the perfect last name.

#115 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 November 2021 - 04:38 PM

Holy crap! Broncos going into full rebuild mode. They need to start by hiring a new coach. And damn, the Rams want that championship, like, yesterday.

Posted Image

#116 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:19 PM

Wow Aaron Rodgers is a selfish dick. He's out because he got the covey. He said he was vaccinated over the summer, but he's not.

#117 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 08 November 2021 - 02:08 PM

Well the Tampa Bay Buccaneers without doubt won the weekend. Not only were they on their bye and so didn't lose or have any injuries but every team with the same record or better in the NFC (except Arizona) lost their game. And some of those losses were stunners! Dallas, LA, New Orleans...and what is up with Buffalo scoring only 6 points...against the Jags?!

It seems the old line, "Any Given Sunday" is in FULL EFFECT these days...

#118 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 November 2021 - 04:40 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 08 November 2021 - 02:08 PM, said:

Well the Tampa Bay Buccaneers without doubt won the weekend. Not only were they on their bye and so didn't lose or have any injuries but every team with the same record or better in the NFC (except Arizona) lost their game. And some of those losses were stunners! Dallas, LA, New Orleans...and what is up with Buffalo scoring only 6 points...against the Jags?!

It seems the old line, "Any Given Sunday" is in FULL EFFECT these days...

It was a crazy Sunday. There were oodles of terrible QB play by notable talent. I've always set the first Sunday in November as the point in the season where the separation begins and, barring major injuries, the teams that will be SB worthy will start to reveal themselves. It looks like a back-to-back appearance for Tampa to me. Unless Arizona can say something about it. And in the AFC, I'm starting to get a familiar feeling from New England. Oh my! What if we get a Pats/Bucs Super Bowl!

#119 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 November 2021 - 05:44 PM

OBJ to the Rams. Dang, I'm behind all the NFL goings on. I'm just not into it this year. He'll be a great addition and won't mess with the locker room/team chemistry at all.

Ben RawTurdBurger out because of covid and/or covid related protocols. Luckily the game is against the Detroit Lions. The Stellas will lose though, you just watch.

#120 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 November 2021 - 06:44 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 November 2021 - 04:40 PM, said:

. . . And in the AFC, I'm starting to get a familiar feeling from New England. Oh my! What if we get a Pats/Bucs Super Bowl!

Lolz, after that 25 - 0 thumping the Pats put on the Falcons last night, sports talk is about this, this morning.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users