Malazan Empire: 2020 MOST INTERESTING DISCUSSIONS AND EVENTS OF THE YEAR - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2020 MOST INTERESTING DISCUSSIONS AND EVENTS OF THE YEAR

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 December 2020 - 01:54 PM

THE MALAZAN EMPIRE’S MOST INTERESTING DISCUSSIONS AND EVENTS OF THE YEAR - 2020

This is an alternative take on the end of year discussion. This year was a tumultuous experience. Pandemics, elections, brexits, Me Too scandals and much more.

This thread is about what took up our attention and what stuck with us.

It could be any one event or a general trend of the year.

What were the most significant and memorable events of the year to you?

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 18 December 2020 - 05:47 PM

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:37 PM

Watching Trumpers writhe and squirm in the agony of defeat and not admit it (still)...including their dear leader who is about to have a mental break any day because he lost....is amusing to me.

Honestly though, the BLM protests kicked off by the death of George Floyd are the thing that I will remember most from this year beyond the pandemic.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 December 2020 - 04:19 PM

2020 was the year Me Too had a resurgence in Denmark and this time around it actually spread outside entertainment. A political leader and the Mayor of Copenhagen had to step down. A popular radio host, who was famous for supporting the Me Too movement, was revealed to be sexual deviant and an all around dirtbag. Also an old story resurfaced about our Minister of Foreign Affairs fucking a 15 year old at a political event 12 years ago when he was in his 30s.

Good times.

#4 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 December 2020 - 12:44 AM

It's hard to put my finger on exactly why this year in particular, but I feel like climate change has pushed significantly up the agenda this year.

To me, 2020 also stands out as a year where the negative sentiment towards the big digital platforms has really started to come to a head. We've seen several big lawsuits and competition investigations, a damning assessment by the US house, and both the UK and EU are looking at bringing forward regulation. It hasn't completely materialised yet but there are storm clouds hovering; especially with companies like Amazon coming out as the "winners" of the crisis when their reputation couldn't be much worse.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users