• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2020 FAVOURITE MOVIES, TV AND VIDEO CONTENT

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 December 2020 - 01:49 PM

THE MALAZAN EMPIRE’S FAVOURITE MOVIES, TV AND VIDEO CONTENT - 2020

Time for the obligatory end of year discussion about the media we consumed.

This thread is about the stuff we watched. Doesn’t have to published or aired this year. Doesn’t have to be a top 10 list.

So, what did you watch this year?

What did you enjoy? What surprised you? What disappointed you?

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 18 December 2020 - 05:48 PM

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 December 2020 - 01:57 PM

Let's see.

Obviously MANDALORIAN S2 tops the list easily. EASILY. Best SW content Disney has made thus far by a country mile.

I'm also really enjoying STARGATE SG1, but that's an old show.

We loved this season of THE CROWN.

MANK on Netflix was an unexpected surprise and enjoyment for me.

Star Trek DISCO has been on point all season too.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:04 PM

Agreed on Mandalorian S2. This show has definitely been on the very tip of the point since episode 1.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:11 PM

I haven't been watching much TV, most of it has been during the quarantine on an exercise bike.

The Mandalorian season 1- I just watched episode 5 today. Watching one episode a day. This is a phenomenal take on a Star Wars TV-show. In many ways the script, cinematography and score reminds me of the TV-shows of the 70s and 80s and it gives the show this heavy feeling of nostalgia and comfort. It feels like coming home watching that show.

DARK season 1 & 2 were fantastic. Some of the best, most engrossing TV-writing I've watched. You get very invested in the characters. I've still yet to watch season 3 - I might make that my next priority, when I finish The Mandalorian.

Watched the first few episodes of the WATCHMEN TV-show. The show didn't really grap me. Maybe it's because of the uncomfortable parrallels to what was going on in the US early this year. I might still try to finish the season but it's not a priority.

The Witcher season 1 - I was a bit meh about this show. It plays fast and loose with the books stories. I think the changes they made makes some parts better but the show also loses some of the truly great ideas of the books. Also Geralt looks way too pretty.

The production of the TV-show made me go and read the Witcher books. Which was both a bad and good idea, because in comparison to the books, the TV-show does a lot of things better but nothing quite compares to the Video games. I think in general, I like the Wicther when it's actually about the Witcher Geralt and very little when it's about Ciri.

I think I also watched the third season of Westworld this year. Don't watch that show. First season was cool. Second season was bad and the third season is a crime against viewers.

#5 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 December 2020 - 06:31 PM

Off the top of my head at the moment:

The Clone Wars final season, ESPECIALLY the final 4. And yes, I'm fully aware that I start my list with an animated entry. But the final 4 eps are an absolute Masterpiece. The depth that those final eps add to the Revenge of the Sith movie is impressive. Ahsoka vs Maul is an unbelievable lightsaber battle. One of the very best, imo.

The Mandalorian S2. Ahsoka Tano in live action would be enough for me. But there is quite a bit more to this season that make it fantastic. And I won't see the finale ep until after 6pm tonight!

Dark S3. Dark might be my favorite show of the last 10 years. It is mesmerizing and mind trippingly awesome. S3 was not QUITE as awesome, but still very good. The series finale was not what we had expected but I was satisfied with it. I was actually mildly miffed at myself that I hadn't caught on to the one aspect of it that I feel like we had a chance to catch but never did.

There has to be more but that's what's coming to mind at the moment...

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 18 December 2020 - 06:31 PM

#6 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 December 2020 - 10:56 PM

The Night Manager

Social Dilemma

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic