Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 October 2020 - 01:15 AM

View PostBriar King, on 28 October 2020 - 01:05 AM, said:

Likewise it’s time for this console thread. Discuss issues, specs, etc. I will edit more later.

This will have two different boxes like PS5 I’m just not to sure what is what with them yet. I didn’t even know this till a few weeks ago. I can’t wait to see this thing though. Esp in my den.

series X is for 4k

Series S is for 1080p

I think S still has a disk drive? Not sure about that though.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 October 2020 - 04:11 AM

I'll be skipping this and just subscribing to Gamepass on PC.

#4 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 12 November 2020 - 12:53 PM

Mine arrives today. Scoring a preorder was hard enough that I didn’t worry about release day delivery. I have several games pass games queued up and will probably try Star Wars Fallen Order.

Now I’m trying to decide if I need a new tv during the Black Friday sales. Apparently this console works best with a hdmi 2.1 port and HDR. While I have a 4K tv, it’s an early model without either.

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 November 2020 - 01:57 PM

View PostStalker, on 12 November 2020 - 12:53 PM, said:

Now I’m trying to decide if I need a new tv during the Black Friday sales.

So Black Friday sales are usually units designed for sale on Black Friday. They are rarely (especially with electronics) the units a given store has for sale at the higher price that they've discounted. The Black Friday units always have a serial number/code that includes some identifier for the retailer that it's a Black Friday version....those units are shoddier, and have cut corners in manufacturing. If you see a TV on sale on BF and it looks like it's the same as one that's $200 more...it's $200 less because it's lesser quality, so you're not getting a deal. You're getting a crappier TV that was intended to sell at the lower price and is not some fabulously discounted doorbuster.

Now, this doesn't mean that this is ALL Black Friday stuff...but most of it. So if you want to do it, do your research. Find the TV as it is at regular price...and copy down the serial#/code of that unit....then in the store find the Black Friday version...if the code is the same but with an extra set of numbers (slightly different numbers) or letters on it...it's the shittier version. You're asking for a possible headache down the road.

Example: So like you find a TV you like and it's Samsung UN60H7150....but the Black Friday one that should be identical is coded Samsung UN60H7160 or Samsung UN60H7150-BF (the BF is for Black Friday obviously)....that's how you can tell it's not a deal.

Black Friday is a scam.

The goes for Cyber Monday deals on the same items...they will be Black Friday versions just put up for sale online because they didn't move all that stock on BF.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 November 2020 - 01:58 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 12 November 2020 - 03:53 PM

Got it, thanks QT! I’ve been doing a little bit of research to see which Sony / Samsung models have all the items I’m looking for. I’ll be sure to check the unit ID now though.

#7 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 December 2020 - 06:01 AM

Everything electronic is produced in Asia. The PS5 and Xbox both use roughly the same tech, for example their graphics cards are both made by AMD. And graphics cards are in as high a demand as consoles.

#8 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 March 2021 - 05:46 PM

I just randomly checked a big hardware retailer here in Denmark. You can't buy them online but you can call the store up for a pickup.

Xbox is not that big of a brand in Denmark compared to the US.

#9 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 March 2021 - 05:58 PM

Your salt will make it all the more enjoyable.

It's very nice. Though I agree with the people saying the user experience feels like an upgrade, not so much a generational leap.

The real game changer is the gamepass. It actually is Netflix for games. I think if more people interacted with this service, it would convert some fanboys. Once, hopefully, Microsoft gets some big new console exclusives on Gamepass this is a must own if you don't play on PC.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 06 March 2021 - 06:01 PM

#10 User is online   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:57 AM

View PostAptorian, on 06 March 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

Your salt will make it all the more enjoyable.

It's very nice. Though I agree with the people saying the user experience feels like an upgrade, not so much a generational leap.

The real game changer is the gamepass. It actually is Netflix for games. I think if more people interacted with this service, it would convert some fanboys. Once, hopefully, Microsoft gets some big new console exclusives on Gamepass this is a must own if you don't play on PC.

Gamepass is absolutely poggers.

Also the series X makes playing backward compatible games interesting. Monster Hunter, it takes me 30-45 seconds to load into Seliana. It takes my XSX playing chum two seconds.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#11 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 19 March 2021 - 11:37 AM

Gamespass was always a great addition, but has become so much better since the inclusion of EA and Bethesda games. I’ve been playing the original Doom from the 1990s- talk about using the series X to its full potential. Also playing Remnant: From the Ashes and Star Renegades right now.

Since I joined gamespass (on launch), I’ve been buying way fewer games than before. The last year saw me buy Cyberpunk, AC: Valhalla, and Torchlight 3 (before its inclusion - big letdown, but needed to coop it with my brother). Year before that was COD: Modern Warfare only.

#12 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 May 2021 - 05:40 PM

I love all the little quality of life improvements.

Shorter load times. Better performance. But more importantly the quick resume function that lets you jump instantly back into a game where you were last, even when you haven't touched the game in a week or jumping back and forth between games with no load.

And Gamepass is awesome. The amount of content in that service is ridiculous.

#13 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 June 2021 - 03:04 AM

I barely remember but I think the console offers you to set up your system and account via the Xbox app, while the console does what ever unpacking and setup it needs on first time boot.

Don't know if you can just do it via the console if you live in Transylvania and don't own a smartphone.

#14 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:53 PM

Should be backwards compatible for the disc for a bunch of old games across previous generations. Not every game has been updated to be compatible, but a lot have been. Xbox has a team that continues to add games.

#15 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 June 2021 - 01:16 AM

View PostBriar King, on 25 June 2021 - 06:43 PM, said:

I haven’t opened it yet cause I’m fixing to take a tv back to Best Buy in a bit..but the box says “play thousands of games across 4 gen of Xbox” so is this thing backwards comp for the disc or are they talking about online buys?

Once you insert a disk, the console will add it to your digital library and download an emulated copy for you to play locally, if the game is part of the backwards compatible list.

https://www.xbox.com...d-compatibility

This is what Google gave me when I typed in "xbox one backwards compatible games list". You'll probably get a US result, not sure if there's any difference.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 26 June 2021 - 01:19 AM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#16 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 June 2021 - 04:09 AM

I threw out the box. I have a small apartment and I've never been much for nostalgia.

I went out and bought the Elite 2 Controller. It's a bit heavy but otherwise has a great feel.
I imagine Xbox probably will develop something like PlayStation's Dual Sense but I think the start of this generation was all about momentum and making the transition between generations seemless.

#17 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 05 July 2021 - 12:43 AM

View PostBriar King, on 04 July 2021 - 09:01 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 27 June 2021 - 03:12 AM, said:

Someone gave me Fable 3 yesterday right after picking up the X. I could have sworn I owned 1&2 but I only saw 1. 2 might be boxed up still. Sucks though as I put 1 in the X and it told me to fuck off. I will indeed need to hook up OG to replay that one. 3 is loading up though. Must have been a massive game on 360 as its 7.2GB. That just feels like a lot for something that old.

Update I found Fable 2 in the boxes of storage and yay the X is downloading it(and it’s even bigger then 3) so the only inconvenience is that Fable 1 isn’t playable on here. I wonder why they haven’t done it yet?

They did a remake of the original Fable for its 10th anniversary that released on Xbox 360 called Fable Anniversary. In the spirit of a cash grab, that one is compatible but the original is not.

#18 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 05 July 2021 - 02:21 AM

It’s worth mentioning that if you subscribe to games pass, you can play Fable Anniversary for free. As said upthread, games pass is really a great deal.

#19 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 July 2021 - 07:22 AM

Microsoft first party games are a permanent offer. Like Netflix Originals.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 05 July 2021 - 07:23 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users