• Drive by bye bye king

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:30 PM

Deleted

This post has been edited by .-‘: 02 October 2021 - 07:08 PM

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:33 PM

NO MERCY!

Hash brown: CobraKai or something. And then send it to the Internet!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 September 2020 - 04:34 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:44 PM

Kove looks impressive for his age.

Hell, all three of them look pretty amazing for their age. Zabka and Macchio especially look great for mid-50's...Macchio pushing 60.

And Shue still looks great too when she comes back.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:14 PM

Pat would love it I think. He had to audition HARD to play the role in KK originally because up to that point he was only a comedian (and HAPPY DAYS) so they didn't want him. But man, I can't imagine anyone else in the role.

And I don't know for sure that the two Japanese actors from KK II are coming back, they are just rumoured, but I think Elisabeth Shue has been confirmed.

And yeah, most of the behind the scenes stuff I've seen shows all of them having a total blast making the show.

I like this Behind the Scenes photo. Jeezus if I look that good at 54 as Zabka does, I'll be happy as shit!

Attached File  CK-BTS.jpg (85.01K)
Number of downloads: 0

There is also
Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 September 2020 - 05:54 PM

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:53 PM

View PostBriar King, on 25 September 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

That was the one part I didn’t care for though I get why they did it obviously. I ll just tag in case anyone hasn’t seen 2nd finale.
Spoiler

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 September 2020 - 05:54 PM

#6 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:10 PM

Oh and at 2:18 of the tiny tease for S3 in this video....that voice sounds 100% like Chozen to me. So that's probably where the rumours about Yuji Okumoto reprising the role come from, he's got a distinctive voice.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 September 2020 - 06:11 PM

#7 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 September 2020 - 07:03 PM

View PostBriar King, on 25 September 2020 - 06:30 PM, said:

Oh and I loled so hard in S1 Johnny pulled the anti Mr M that was forced upon him and grunted in pain on his 1st kick. It’s those little things that make this show such a treat.

It shows you that the people writing these characters know what they are about. The little details make the whole thing better.

Along those lines, as I noted in the TV thread, I don't think Miguel and his mom having run away from the bad ex husband/father in Ecuador is a dropped plot point just for character setting, I think he'll become important to the plot. EDIT: I could be wrong, and perhaps they just wanted Miguel fatherless to support his father/son relationship with Johnny.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 September 2020 - 07:22 PM

#8 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 25 September 2020 - 09:22 PM

You may know Kove from Karate Kid but he was in Cagney and Lacey first.

I binge watched S1 in 2 evenings. Got a right load of grief off the other half for watching it without him.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#9 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 September 2020 - 01:57 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 September 2020 - 05:53 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 25 September 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

That was the one part I didn't care for though I get why they did it obviously. I ll just tag in case anyone hasn't seen 2nd finale.
Spoiler

Spoiler

I got all caught up on this last night. The plot is incredibly formulaic and the lives of the new generation mirrors the originals to the point that it should generate massive eye rolls and yet I thoroughly enjoyed almost every minute of it. I do agree that what you both spoilered was about the worst of it and rather ridiculous.

I was fascinated enough by William Zabka's performance to look him up to see where he's been all this time, since I don't recall ever seeing him outside KK movies. He was in some things from the 80s era that I know (the movie Just One of the Boys, the son of The Equalizer character from the old tv show) but after that, not much that I recognized. Though he was up for an Academy Award for a short film, Most, that he wrote and directed. William's portrayal of Johnny is easily the best part of the show. Will absolutely watch S3.

#10 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 September 2020 - 02:18 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 30 September 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

William's portrayal of Johnny is easily the best part of the show. Will absolutely watch S3.

150%. Zabka is the heart and soul of this show. I'm a fan of Macchio and all (he's good too; I like his attempts [failed or otherwise] to replicate what he experienced with Miyagi and learning it's not nearly as easy as Miyagi made it look)...but Zabka wins me over with his acting and devotion to the role on damned near every episode.

Spoiler

Cannot WAIT for S3.

#11 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:02 PM

HELL yes! I kind of figured that this might be happening as S3 is largely in the bag from what I hear (barring post-production), so it only makes sense to keep the hype train going for Netflix and sign up a S4.

#12 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 October 2020 - 03:38 PM

Wife and I re-watched KARATE KID last night and I tried to settle into viewing it through Johnny's eyes...and you know what? He's not entirely wrong by his view of the situation. While he wasn't dating Ali when Daniel and Ali were hitting it off, it was recent enough to make him jealous...but then if you combine it with Ali's behaviour later in the film when she's inexplicably mad at Daniel for showing up at the country club she invited him to and then stood him up to dance with Johnny and leaving after he gets dumped with sauce in the kitchen and laughed at...I started thinking what if Ali and Johnny were on a "break" like that where she was mad at him and he assumed they'd still end up together...as Daniel very much does when they reconcile a week or so later.

Also, Daniel purposely taunts/attacks Johnny and his crew once before the "armistice" between Kreese and Miyagi...which leads to the halloween fight that Miyagi stops...but he does it two or three more times after that armistice so Johnny and Co. can't respond...So Daniel is not covered in the glory I always recalled him being...

And at the end Johnny clearly just wants to fight Daniel on the mat and win. He has no interest in assaulting him criminally...he just wants to use his one big skill (Karate) to beat Daniel. This proves to be even more true as all day during the All-Valley when Kreese makes shitty calls and asks of Cobra Kai, Johnny eyeballs him as cruel and wrong....and he doesn't WANT to "sweep the leg" either.

The last thing I noticed was that Johnny tells Daniel "You're alright LaRusso!" after Daniel wins...

So yeah, I think Johnny is EASY to peg as a hero for COBRA KAI on the back of that. This is also on display in KK II at the beginning with Kreese and him fighting and Miyagi stepping in to help Johnny...and lastly in the fact that Johnny has obviously LEFT Cobra Kai by KK III.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 05 October 2020 - 03:41 PM

#13 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:33 PM

AHHHHH!!!!!! It's all happening! Stay Calm Stay Calm!

Looks like I was right about the Johnny/Daniel VS Kreese S3 team-up AND about Kumiko and Chozen re-appearing!

I fucking love this show!

#14 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:58 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 December 2020 - 03:54 PM, said:

It’s gonna be legit.

Just watched a bit of KK2 the other day.

I'm going to spend part of my Christmas break re-watching S2 to get amped for this....oh who am I kidding, I'm already amped AF!

#15 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:20 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 December 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

Looks like I was right about the Johnny/Daniel VS Kreese S3 team-up AND about Kumiko and Chozen re-appearing!

I know I've already expressed what even I feel is an unusual amount of enthusiasm for and pleasure from this show, but that preview has me ready for more! Glad to see that there appears to be pretty serious consequences for several participants in the season ending episode, for semblance of reality's sake. Didn't see Ally in there though, did I? Bring it on!

#16 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2020 - 06:13 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 09 December 2020 - 05:20 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 December 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

I know I've already expressed what even I feel is an unusual amount of enthusiasm for and pleasure from this show, but that preview has me ready for more! Glad to see that there appears to be pretty serious consequences for several participants in the season ending episode, for semblance of reality's sake. Didn't see Ally in there though, did I? Bring it on!

I expect Ali is being saved for a reveal.

#17 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 December 2020 - 08:06 PM

I might have to make the wife watch KK so I can get Kai in as our next TV show

#18 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2020 - 08:21 PM

Indeed. A great show on the back of 2 great movies! You can ignore KK3...but KK and KKII are still gold.

#19 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 December 2020 - 09:23 PM

You bet your ass! Me too!

#20 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:49 AM

We barrelled through 4 eps tonight...and ep 4 WRECKED me. This season has been fantastic so far!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users