Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Moonspawn How'd it get so far to Hurly

#1 User is offline   Emancipor Reese 

• Elemental Force
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:29 PM

Just how did Moonspawn get as far as Hurly? After leaving Coral I was under the impression it (moonspawn) would drift for a short time then sink into the ocean as it was actually falling apart and tilting dangerously! not travel thousands of miles and turn Southwest at some stage and cross over-land(Elingarth there abouts) to end up in the Rivan sea surely it should have ended up nearer to the 'leg'of Genabackis if even get that far southeast. Was any Andii left onboard to guide or steer,, were strong winds responsible or was it trying to get to Laughters EndPosted Image?

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:59 PM

The geography is not important, the geography is not important, the geography is not important...

#3 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 04 August 2020 - 01:02 PM

Anomander accidentally left the cruise control on

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:13 PM

Guess we'll never know. It was sent eastwards from Coral across the Rust Ocean while lilting and shedding big pieces of rock. Rake says in MoI that he believes that its power is failing and it would 'soon' sink beneath the waves. They estimate that it will take about a month to touch the waves, meaning that it is still floating at a decent height.

Not sure if spoilers are required because the below only contains things up to and including OST, but just in case I've put some tags.

Spoiler

In any case, unless someone can more clearly timestamp the events of OST or Erikson/Esslemont give an explanation, I guess it will remain anyone's guess...

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 04 August 2020 - 02:17 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 August 2020 - 02:20 AM

Drift Avalii is apparently a semi-sunken Kchain city like Moons Spawn, and it's been floating around for generations. There aren't really rules about this sort of thing.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6 User is offline   Emancipor Reese 

• Elemental Force

Posted 05 August 2020 - 02:07 PM

View PostAbyss, on 05 August 2020 - 02:20 AM, said:

Drift Avalii is apparently a semi-sunken Kchain city like Moons Spawn, and it's been floating around for generations. There aren't really rules about this sort of thing.

Oh yeah Abyss I'd forgotten about what Drift Avalii was,, and Gorefest your logic makes me think 'why did'nt I think of that'!!Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:39 PM

Well, to be fair, the actual answer is probably that it is a mistake or a retcon by Esslemont...;)
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users