• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 5 Signups

#1 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 August 2020 - 01:41 PM

Alright, alright, I guess I can get a game going for those of you who are interested! It'll give me something to do other than stare at my walls!

We'll see how much interest we get and decide from there whether or not to do anything to further modify the game as we had discussed in that other thread.

Those official changes that were made to things like Diplomacy, Magen Defense Grid and X-89 WILL be in game. No other changes from regular.

Not sure we'll get more than 6 players. If we don't, then we'll play with the base game strategy cards and a prefab map. If we get more than 6 players, then we'll use our additional strategies and build the map in slices as we've been doing for the last couple games.

1. IH
2. Tattersail
3. D'rek
4. Morgoth
5. Twelve
6. Nom

This post has been edited by Blend: 05 August 2020 - 03:01 AM

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 August 2020 - 02:05 PM

I'm in. Thanks Blend!

#3 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 August 2020 - 03:38 PM

In
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:10 PM

Sure, I'll play. Morgoth said he would, too.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#5 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:51 PM

How can I say no.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#6 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 August 2020 - 01:01 PM

Gonna aim to start the game next Monday. Will leave this signup thread open til Friday and get a map with race/starting location selections ready to happen over the weekend!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#7 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 August 2020 - 01:53 PM

Looking at the maps here again for potential startup builds:

https://imgur.com/a/K7KbkGl

I expect Nom will join us, so that'll put us at 6 players, so one of these prefabs would be fun.

This one is supposed to be fairly competitive while remaining balanced:

https://i.imgur.com/c47bgGi.png

Thoughts?

#8 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:16 PM

Better double-check with Nom before we go through all the setup only to have to switch to a 5-player map if he's not in after all.

View PostBlend, on 04 August 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

This one is supposed to be fairly competitive while remaining balanced:

https://i.imgur.com/c47bgGi.png

Thoughts?

Is it really balanced? Top-left has 8 uncontested resources+influence while bottom-left has 12...

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#9 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:23 PM

If you want a really ferocious game, the second one in your link (https://i.imgur.com/zdyUYHc.png) seems pretty intense to me but also looks pretty balanced.

#10 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:30 PM

View PostD, on 04 August 2020 - 02:16 PM, said:

Better double-check with Nom before we go through all the setup only to have to switch to a 5-player map if he's not in after all.

Already sent Nom a PM! :) He is one of the folks in the other thread that was clamouring for a new game, so I'm assuming he'll be in - won't add him until he confirms though!

#11 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:35 PM

Re: the maps - I count 8 resources in top left, and 7 resources in bottom left... Top left has a blue skip, bottom left has more influence. In fact, from what I can see, without contest, each player has access to 7-8 resources, and either some skips or some extra influence. It would just be important to have a decent race for whatever starting point.

Anyway, I'm game for using the other map D'rek suggested (or really any other prefab someone wants to send me). Just figure it's easier to prebuild a map to assure at least a bit of balance and to get us playing sooner rather than later.

This post has been edited by Blend: 04 August 2020 - 02:35 PM

#12 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:58 PM

View PostBlend, on 04 August 2020 - 02:35 PM, said:

Re: the maps - I count 8 resources in top left, and 7 resources in bottom left... Top left has a blue skip, bottom left has more influence. In fact, from what I can see, without contest, each player has access to 7-8 resources, and either some skips or some extra influence. It would just be important to have a decent race for whatever starting point.

My comparison was based on the highest amount of resources and influence combined you could spend in 1 round (without un-exhausting any cards).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users