Malazan Empire: Andorion trying to catch up - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Andorion trying to catch up Is everyone ok?

#1 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:20 PM

Hey guys so I have been MIA for a while.

To start with I was super busy at work in January and February, and then the Corona hit, and lockdown started and I had to change over to working from home....
Suffice to say I went into a bit of a funk and sort of signed out off a bunch of stuff.

But then again, I have not caught Covid (so far) and the family is ok, and I have been reading a lot. So its not all doom and gloom

How is everyone? Is everyone ok? What with the pandemic and everything, this place has been on my mind a lot recently.

#2 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:29 PM

View PostAndorion, on 10 June 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

To start with I was super busy at work in January and February, and then the Corona hit, and lockdown started and I had to change over to working from home....
Suffice to say I went into a bit of a funk and sort of signed out off a bunch of stuff.

But then again, I have not caught Covid (so far) and the family is ok, and I have been reading a lot. So its not all doom and gloom

How is everyone? Is everyone ok? What with the pandemic and everything, this place has been on my mind a lot recently.

Welcome back, ando. We were worried.

Go sign up for the mafia game!
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

View PostMentalist, on 10 June 2020 - 04:29 PM, said:

I already did!

I was worried about you guys too.

How are you?

#4 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:42 PM

Welcome back man, we were concerned that something had happened. BK raised the warning bells about it a few months back and he was hoping you were okay.

Turns out we care an awful lot about each other. :)

Glad you're surviving this Covid-19 shitshow and no one in your orbit has been hit by it, including yourself.

We're doing okay, bit of a crazy sitiauton at mine, both kids home since Mar 13th and wife and I have been working from home since then too. Managing them and working is difficult, but we are managing.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:50 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 June 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

Welcome back man, we were concerned that something had happened. BK raised the warning bells about it a few months back and he was hoping you were okay.

Turns out we care an awful lot about each other. :)

Glad you're surviving this Covid-19 shitshow and no one in your orbit has been hit by it, including yourself.

We're doing okay, bit of a crazy sitiauton at mine, both kids home since Mar 13th and wife and I have been working from home since then too. Managing them and working is difficult, but we are managing.

Yeah I really should have logged in earlier. But initially the lockdown here was rough. trouble getting even basic stuff and there were a lot of cases near my house.

Things are not really better here from the Covid perspective, but I am used to it now.

I started worrying about everyone here when the global numbers just started jumping.

That sounds rough QT - kids at home and working from home - you must have your hands full. But is the virus situation easing up a bit?

#6 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:02 PM

View PostAndorion, on 10 June 2020 - 04:50 PM, said:

That sounds rough QT - kids at home and working from home - you must have your hands full. But is the virus situation easing up a bit?

It is really not too bad. Things could be way worse. It's just a juggling act is all. It didn't help that my father in law broke his Ankle April 1st and has been in hospital since then (he's overweight and won't be rebased till he can bear weight on the other ankle)...and since my mother in law is terminally ill and immobile...someone had to take his place as the primary caregiver at their house. So my poor wife is ALSO going back and forth to their house and staying there overnight since then. It's the shit show of shitshows....but again, it could be worse and we are healthy, so it is what it is.

Thanks for asking!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:04 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 June 2020 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 10 June 2020 - 04:50 PM, said:

It is really not too bad. Things could be way worse. It's just a juggling act is all. It didn't help that my father in law broke his Ankle April 1st and has been in hospital since then (he's overweight and won't be rebased till he can bear weight on the other ankle)...and since my mother in law is terminally ill and immobile...someone had to take his place as the primary caregiver at their house. So my poor wife is ALSO going back and forth to their house and staying there overnight since then. It's the shit show of shitshows....but again, it could be worse and we are healthy, so it is what it is.

Thanks for asking!

Wow, that's a lot to handle. You have my sympathies and I hope everyone pulls through ok

#8 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:28 PM

View PostAndorion, on 10 June 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 10 June 2020 - 04:29 PM, said:

I already did!

I was worried about you guys too.

How are you?

Can't complain. 'Ve been working from home for some 3-odd months now (my paranoid office manager asked me to do a trial work from home a week before the official lockdown started, so I've had a head start on things). Both parents are "essential occupations" , so it's (mostly) business as usual for them, with all reasonable precautions--so we're not all at home at once all the time driving each other insane.

Life's limited, but overall bearable.

#9 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:43 PM

I think we should all be happy Ment isn't going out too much as it means less broken appendages.

#10 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:33 PM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. When I picture Meny I see Eric Idle from European Vacation.

“It’s just a leg, honestly I’ve got another one”.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#11 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:50 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 June 2020 - 06:43 PM, said:

I think we should all be happy Ment isn't going out too much as it means less broken appendages.

Yeah, now I break bikes instead

#12 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:53 PM

Whatcha reading (or have read recently)

#13 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:40 AM

View Postnacht, on 10 June 2020 - 10:53 PM, said:

Whatcha reading (or have read recently)

Since I am stuck at home, my reading has gone up by a lot.

Most recent reads are Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon.

The Gurkha and the Lord of Tuesday by Saad Hossein

Los Nefilim and Where Oblivion Lives by T Frohock

All were good, Orange Tree felt smushed, it should have been a duology, I like Gurkha the most

#14 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:46 AM

I just said 'fuckit' and started daydrinking.
....more than usual.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#15 User is online   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:56 AM

Glad to see you're safe and sound, even if still in the thicket, Ando!

#16 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:04 AM

View PostAbyss, on 11 June 2020 - 01:46 AM, said:

I just said 'fuckit' and started daydrinking.
....more than usual.

Same but with reading for me

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 11 June 2020 - 03:56 AM, said:

Glad to see you're safe and sound, even if still in the thicket, Ando!

We haven't even reached the peak herePosted Image

#17 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:11 AM

View PostAndorion, on 11 June 2020 - 12:40 AM, said:

Since I am stuck at home, my reading has gone up by a lot.

:shock:

So does that mean the above list is only about 1% of what you have consumed during this period?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:51 AM

Glad you are good, Ando. Or at least what counts as good these days.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#19 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:48 AM

:sofa:

#20 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:37 AM

You don't count, old man. We know you're spying on us.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users