Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL Draft 2020

#1 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:58 AM

Well, this is certainly going to be different this year. Draft to go ahead but in a virtual form.

Who will your team pick, who is that new player that makes your team a contender.

How far will Tua Tagovailoa fall when no one can work him out due to restrictions does he drop and someone gets a steal.

Discuss
What Would Jack Do ?

#2 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:28 AM

As a longtime Seahawks fan, i see our number 1 need as pass rush regardless of us possibly re-signing Clowney.

Not a great class for filling this need sadly. Wouldn't be surprised if as usual we trade down from 27 and maybe pick up another second, third and fifth if someone wants to jump back into the first round. Value to be had in second and third rounds.

Offensive line remains a concern despite us picking up several pieces in free agency. If Isaiah Wilson T out of Georgia was available he could be a fit for us.

Would love to see us pick up a weapon for DangeRuss in WR Brandon Aiyuk from Arizona State an elusive runner after the catch. A very good draft for wideouts this year so may be options later on.

Another intriguing possibility would be adding RB Jonathon Taylor from Wisconsin, with Chris Carson coming back from an injury and in a contract year, and Rashaad Penny still coming back from an ACL. Our playoff chances pretty much died in a 2-3 week span at the end of last season losing both of them.
What Would Jack Do ?

#3 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:32 PM

Not sure who my team, Steelers, will take. They always have been good at scouting out and taking excellent wide receivers in past drafts, usually at the expense of needing to address defense or OL deficiencies. Rather glaringingly obvious is that when Big Ben got hurt and was out for rest of season they didn't have a worthy backup (which is not unique, I think many teams are hosed if their starting QB gets hurt). I'll be curious to see how Ben does this year coming off the injury, he's accumulated a lot of wear and tear over his career. It might be time for the Steelers to look towards finding their next QB.

If I had the first pick and needed a QB, I would take Tua of Joe Burrow, but the injury history may shy teams away, so I think many expectations is Burrow will go #1.

#4 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 April 2020 - 06:16 PM

Some work by Tua. As these things go, it's hard to say for sure how far along he is in coming off injury, but I would say, watching the work out, it will improve his stock.

https://twitter.com/...622208856903681

#5 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:07 PM

Well my fanatical football fornicators, here is where the rubber hits the road. So 'hot take' sports talk is saying Tua is dropping faster than a fat kid reaches for that last piece of chocolate cake because of injury history and inability for team's doctors to have their own look at him. Rumor has it that he will be available for the Cheatriots and will be a Belichick project. Oh, and I guess the Dolphins are making moves to inch up in order.

What are you purported football master minds hearing? Got your finger on the pulse of the maneuvering going on?

#6 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:33 PM

I listen to a local sports radio show here in SW FL (because they talk more than sports and are very entertaining) and one of the hosts is a Dolphins and Alabama fan. He wants Tua badly, regardless of the injury risk, because his talent is clear. And he is still scarred that they passed on Drew Brees after his shoulder surgery and has since had to watch Brees' HoF career over in BK country. Most people seem to agree Tua is the best QB. Covid is screwing him big time, not allowing for a pro day or even thorough medical exams.

#7 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 April 2020 - 02:19 AM

Your Bucs took an OT with their first pick. Shoring up the line to protect Tampa Brady.

#8 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 24 April 2020 - 02:44 AM

Colts win with an all-pro for pick 13.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#9 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 24 April 2020 - 12:44 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 24 April 2020 - 02:19 AM, said:

Your Bucs took an OT with their first pick. Shoring up the line to protect Tampa Brady.

Yup, an absolute no brainer and a necessity. I'm not sure why they felt the need to move up a single spot when it seems very unlikely SF was going O-Line. Maybe they were worried someone else would trade up if they didn't? Some think Wirfs is a steal at 13, so hopefully worth it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users