• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

QT! Ando! Anyone else? Grishaverse?

#1 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:52 PM

I'll move this to the 'have you read?' thread once the urgency is past...

Leigh Bardugo's Grish trilo, and the subsequent duo, are all on sale on audible. Sale ends tonight.

The heist element to SIX OF CROWS and sequel calls to me.
The fact that it's a sequel to a trilo people seem to be utterly divided about does the opposite.

Internut comments range from 'You MUST read the original trilo' to 'i could not get through the first book of the original trilo'.

Wert's thread on the original is neutral.

Was SIX OF CROWS that good?
Was the original trilo THAT bad?
Am i going to be annoyed reading SIX without having read the trilo?

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#2 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:29 PM

I want to be really unhelpful by telling you I've read none of it but to falsely raise your hopes for a second when you see someone has replied to the thread. Cheers.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:51 PM

SIX OF CROWS and CROOKED KINGDOM are amazing. And I liked the original trilogy...but yeah, do the duology...just know minor spoilers for the original tril are evident...but not dealbreakers. It takes place a few years later so things that just ARE in it are that way because of the OT.

Reading the OT first will only really enhance your grasp of the magic system/universe...the plots are almost entirely separate. So you won’t be annoyed, it just may take a bit longer to grasp the magic abilities...

I recommend the duology as Bardugo’s writing had improved, and the characters are far more engaging.

Hope that helps.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 28 February 2020 - 07:53 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:40 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 February 2020 - 07:51 PM, said:

SIX OF CROWS and CROOKED KINGDOM are amazing. And I liked the original trilogy...but yeah, do the duology...just know minor spoilers for the original tril are evident...but not dealbreakers. It takes place a few years later so things that just ARE in it are that way because of the OT.

Reading the OT first will only really enhance your grasp of the magic system/universe...the plots are almost entirely separate. So you won't be annoyed, it just may take a bit longer to grasp the magic abilities...

I recommend the duology as Bardugo's writing had improved, and the characters are far more engaging.

Hope that helps.

Tnx muchly.

Care to speculate, am i likely to regret not grabbing the OT on sale because i'm so blown away i want to know the whole story?

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:42 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 28 February 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

I want to be really unhelpful by telling you I've read none of it but to falsely raise your hopes for a second when you see someone has replied to the thread. Cheers.

Die.

...wait, no.... lick unwashed lepergoats, get a Terry Goodkind cover tattoo on your neck, THEN die.

#6 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:33 PM

View PostAbyss, on 28 February 2020 - 08:40 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 February 2020 - 07:51 PM, said:

Reading the OT first will only really enhance your grasp of the magic system/universe...the plots are almost entirely separate. So you won't be annoyed, it just may take a bit longer to grasp the magic abilities...

I recommend the duology as Bardugo's writing had improved, and the characters are far more engaging.

Hope that helps.

Tnx muchly.

Care to speculate, am i likely to regret not grabbing the OT on sale because i'm so blown away i want to know the whole story?

Hard to say. To be honest, the character that most interested me from the OT got his own books that take place after SIX anyways...the OT is more YA good girl and bad boy will they won’t they...so I doubt you’ll feel like you’re missing much.

If you like the duology you can just move onto King Of Scars.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:34 AM

View PostAbyss, on 28 February 2020 - 08:42 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 28 February 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

Die.

...wait, no.... lick unwashed lepergoats, get a Terry Goodkind cover tattoo on your neck, THEN die.

That's a horrible thing to say to a person z! I'm shocked! A Goodkind tattoo! You go too far...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:50 AM

To play the other side of the record.

Six of crows is not very good, I only read book 2 because I had bought them together.

A very poor man's YA Lies of Locke L'amour, with an equally disappointing follow up

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users