• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aranatha (spoilers)

#1 User is offline   zatara92 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:29 PM

Just finished TtH,

One thing that really bugging me is I don't understand why MD was using Aranatha as a vessel throughout the book? Seems inconsistent to me seeing as MD has turned her back to the Andii. Why is she suddenly interested in using Aranatha as a vessel?

#2 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:48 AM

Perhaps time for a reread :-)
It is a complex book.

One of the themes of the story is that Mother Dark has no longer forsaken her children.

As to why this is so?
Perhaps something change about her situation.

This post has been edited by nacht: 27 January 2020 - 08:50 AM

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:38 PM

zatara92, on 26 January 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

Just finished TtH,

One thing that really bugging me is I don't understand why MD was using Aranatha as a vessel throughout the book? Seems inconsistent to me seeing as MD has turned her back to the Andii. Why is she suddenly interested in using Aranatha as a vessel?

Most gods are at least somewhat prescient or aware of events beyond their immediate surroundings.

Mommy D was being threatened by being eaten by Chaos. She needed a 'tool' on hand for what would happen,and being near Rake would have been a problem.Being near his son made more sense and Aranatha was a ready body.

It's been suggested that the Andii turned their backs on MD as much as the other way around, but since she was the 'mother figure' their perspective on it was skewed to victimhood. She may have been waiting for them to actually need her (to give them a new home in Black Coral) as much as she needed Rake to rescue her from Chaos.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   zatara92 

• Recruit

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:41 PM

Abyss, on 28 January 2020 - 03:38 PM, said:

zatara92, on 26 January 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

Just finished TtH,

Most gods are at least somewhat prescient or aware of events beyond their immediate surroundings.

Mommy D was being threatened by being eaten by Chaos. She needed a 'tool' on hand for what would happen,and being near Rake would have been a problem.Being near his son made more sense and Aranatha was a ready body.

It's been suggested that the Andii turned their backs on MD as much as the other way around, but since she was the 'mother figure' their perspective on it was skewed to victimhood. She may have been waiting for them to actually need her (to give them a new home in Black Coral) as much as she needed Rake to rescue her from Chaos.

Thanks, great explanation!

But why would being near Rake be a problem?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users