Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battle Line (Card Game): Malazan Version

#1 User is offline   mezla00 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:23 PM

Battle Line is a tabletop card game where 2 players face off against each other to claim majority victory on the battlefield. Players do this by playing cards with values of 1-10 from 6 suits in different "formations" (hand values such as royal flush) of 3 cards at 9 different flags on the table. The winner claims 5 flags or 3 adjacent. Here's a short video by someone on YouTube that describes it better than I do. (2 minutes long) How to Play Battle Line
This game is a popular game to "retheme". Other fans have made Marvel, Simpsons, cartoon, Star Wars, and even a new Medieval published version.
I want to make a Malazan version. The beauty of the concept is that playing cards against each other on the table makes the table look like one of Fiddler's Deck readings. See?

I suppose a better representation of one of his readings would probably be more like actual poker, but that's not the game I wanna redesign!

Since the game involves 6 different suits of cards, plus the suit-less Tactics cards, I'm interested in making 10 cards for each High House (leaving out War since it's so incomplete still), and 1 set of 10 Tactics cards using Unaligned cards.

I need help to fill in some of the blank Deck of Dragons roles. It doesn't have to be "absolutely true", just believable. Also, Assassin from the Deck has been Cotillion, Kalam, and Sorry in different deck readings. I have tried to choose the most notable figure.
MAJOR SPOILERS
Here's what I have so far, just tell me what doesn't fit:
Spoiler

There are also Terrain cards I'd like to retheme to either 10 Azath houses or just different sites of iconic Malazan battles.

This post has been edited by mezla00: 17 January 2020 - 07:23 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users