• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2020 Malazan Re-read: Gardens of the Moon Starts January 1st

#201 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:39 AM

So did the words of power throw you gloriously sexy fuckers off at all?
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#202 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:02 PM

View PostD, on 12 February 2020 - 05:15 PM, said:

View Postchamp, on 12 February 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

Gethol's Breath," the stranger gasped. "Will they never cease?"

From when Paran enters the sword and talks to "the stranger," I thought this was an interesting use of the curse with us getting "Gethol's Breath," and not Hood's shows how old the stranger is knowing Gethol and I think we meet Gethol in MoI?

Yeah, he's still working for Hood at this point and in MoI switches to working for the CG, and briefly shows up again in tBH, too.

You posting that just made me remember that he is the brother of Gothos too, I'd let that slip from my mind. Lightbulb moment...

I had another random thought last night, do we ever actually learn what became of Chance and what ST/Cots used it for... I don't think we do. I can't recall Oponn appearing much throughout the later books..

Maybe that was the use, to force Oponn from the game... or there is something obvious that I am not remembering... I wouldn't be surprised haha...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#203 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:32 PM

View Postchamp, on 13 February 2020 - 02:02 PM, said:

View PostD, on 12 February 2020 - 05:15 PM, said:

View Postchamp, on 12 February 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

Gethol's Breath," the stranger gasped. "Will they never cease?"

From when Paran enters the sword and talks to "the stranger," I thought this was an interesting use of the curse with us getting "Gethol's Breath," and not Hood's shows how old the stranger is knowing Gethol and I think we meet Gethol in MoI?

Yeah, he's still working for Hood at this point and in MoI switches to working for the CG, and briefly shows up again in tBH, too.

You posting that just made me remember that he is the brother of Gothos too, I'd let that slip from my mind. Lightbulb moment...

I had another random thought last night, do we ever actually learn what became of Chance and what ST/Cots used it for... I don't think we do. I can't recall Oponn appearing much throughout the later books..

Maybe that was the use, to force Oponn from the game... or there is something obvious that I am not remembering... I wouldn't be surprised haha...

IIRC Shadowthrone gets someone (Obo?) to blast Oponn in Malaz City at the end of The Bonehunters. I'd say that's the best bet of how it was used, as far as things in the book go - ie Oponn would normally not be so directly detectable/accessible or could see such a thing coming, but ST did some bananas with the sword to put Obo in their blindspot, or something like that. Pretty sure there's never any actual reference to the sword or its use in any of the later books though.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users