• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor

#41 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 January 2020 - 10:41 AM

What about bugs and crashes? From what I've heard critics say it's very undercooked and could probably had used 6 months of extra polish.

I've been holding out and waiting to hear if they do some serious patching of the game.

#42 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:45 AM

View PostAptorian, on 02 January 2020 - 10:41 AM, said:

What about bugs and crashes? From what I've heard critics say it's very undercooked and could probably had used 6 months of extra polish.

I've been holding out and waiting to hear if they do some serious patching of the game.

I never had a crash, though that may just be luck for all I know. I play on a regular PS4. There are some frame rate things when there's a lot of stuff happening on screen.

View PostBfuckinK, on 02 January 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

Glad you enjoyed it I figured you would be to shame me with the fight counts lol. I'm just not highly skilled or have quick hands anymore.

That unexpected thing you mentioned..imagine going through 2/3 of the game and then seeing a commercial come on ruining that thing for you. Ugh I'm still pissed off at them for that and it set me back about a week cause I just lost the pure joy I was exp before seeing it. Should have been a stand up in shock moment for the players. Fuck them for doing that shit.

I didn't even think to fling
Spoiler

Did you explore everything or just go through story?

I restarted yesterday on high Grand Master to show my daughter the opening. The damage you take from troopers is fucking brutal!

I got most stuff, I lack something like 5 collectibles and 2 secrets. At the end though, I decided I didn't want to do that whole search thing for the last and just went straight to the final planet.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#43 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:47 PM

I got this for my birthday, so I've now been stuck in for about 2 days (only on Kashykk, having done Boggan and Zaffo?) but it's really excellent. Lovely gameplay and I set it to Jedi Master to start because I wanted a challenge and OH boy did I get it! So wonderful to not be able to just progress. I have died more times than I can count, but I'm having a blast!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#44 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:25 PM

View PostExcrementEncephalon, on 03 February 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

Don’t lower it! Ever.

Nope. I figure I'll get more gameplay out of it this way, and it will challenge me to get better at it. It's hard, but I'm really enjoying it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#45 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, go back and explore. There's a lot of optional storytelling in the world, especially on Zeffo.

#46 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:01 PM

Just seeing Saw Gerrera was a pleasant surprise!

#47 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 February 2020 - 07:23 PM

So I leanred a little secret that others wish they'd known. I'm still early days in the game (about to face off against 2nd Sister on Zeffo on my 2nd visit)...but I found a YT video that shows me to go to Dathomir now to a specific place, and a path with no enemies that leads to a double bladed saber...and then jump back out to do the other planets first.

So now I have the double bladed saber WAY earlier than I would have gotten to it naturally.

NOICE

#48 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 05 February 2020 - 07:42 PM

There's also a workshop on the first planet (I forgot the name dammit) that you can acess after doing the first part of Kashyyyk and you get the double saber there as well. That's were I found it.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#49 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:50 AM

View PostGarak, on 05 February 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

There's also a workshop on the first planet (I forgot the name dammit) that you can acess after doing the first part of Kashyyyk and you get the double saber there as well. That's were I found it.

Me too, after my first visit to Zeffo I think.

#50 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:04 PM

Two things.

1. I reached the Order 66 sequence. Fucking hell...I got really teary-eyed during his masters demise. I kind of thought it was going to happen as there was Clone's present for the first time during a training exercise, but still. I watched that MFing Clone get his hologram form the Emperor behind dudes back and I was like "Ahhhhh, fuck, here we go"

2. Merrin. If you had told me when I started this game that a possible love interest and ally for Cal was going to be a lonely nightsister of Dathomir, I'd have called you a liar. Now I can't think about anything else. LOVE that interaction. Two lonely warriors finding common ground.

#51 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:12 AM

Finished the main story. That was excellent! Will be fun to max it out now,

Onto Death Stranding!

#52 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:52 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 February 2020 - 01:12 AM, said:

Finished the main story. That was excellent! Will be fun to max it out now,

Onto Death Stranding!

What was your experience with bugs and glitches? I've been holding off getting it because I was hoping for some performance or polish update.

#53 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:06 PM

View PostBriar King, on 21 November 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

This toad is bullshit! 2 hits this fuckwad kills me in! I discovered a spot I can drop on him from to get him halfway but it makes no difference if I can’t take a hit.

Sorry started thread from beginning. Is this the toad on the way out of the vault?
I've been practising on him a bit. I cant seem to dodge to the side as quickly as I'd like; I eventually got him by running to the side and hitting him once he'd attacked - any front approach hit me killed in two bites.

Yes there's a nice spined lizard on a rock over there I'm going to ignore for now.

Any tips for a new starter?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#54 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:29 PM

I recently finished Fallen Order.

Some tips that helped me.

Generally speaking if you're familiar with souls games you'll get what this game is going for in terms of playstyle and short cuts.

When you get a choice between travelling to other planets, pick Kashyk first, it's not as hard.

There's lots of stuff hidden on the first planet that you can retrieve as you power up. There's a crucial lightsaber upgrade for example that I think you could completely miss if you don't go exploring.

There's several "Estus flasks" hidden on every planet. As a souls noob it really helped me getting a handful of those early on in the game.

#55 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:56 PM

View PostAptorian, on 13 April 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

I recently finished Fallen Order.

When you get a choice between travelling to other planets, pick Kashyk first, it's not as hard.

There's lots of stuff hidden on the first planet that you can retrieve as you power up. There's a crucial lightsaber upgrade for example that I think you could completely miss if you don't go exploring.

Ah like those doors/walls with red round them, and a chest I cant reach yet. Thanks I'll bear that in mind as I get the new skills.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#56 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 April 2020 - 12:07 AM

Finally got another go. Made it through most of Zeffo, making combat look less clunky now and taking out groups without getting much damage. The deflecting looks great. The tomb guardians were easy enough but I found a sort of cave troll in an ice cave that batters me every time.

The ice slides and rope grabs I could have done without.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 19 April 2020 - 12:08 AM

#57 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:13 AM

Playing on jedi master. I dont know, I found one rope jump I just got stuck on - I'd ice slide and just miss it, and when I hit it I'd fall off the next ice slide!

Got an orange saber at the moment. I went back through the level once I got force push and cleared it (apart from that troll thing) but no sign of dual or purple crystal yet. Planning to return to start level to unlock the stuff I couldn't get earlier before heading to Kashyyk.

#58 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:11 PM

Free Update with a bunch of new stuff to do!

http://youtu.be/NSwYMwm8fIU

#59 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 30 May 2022 - 07:34 PM

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#60 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 June 2023 - 02:56 PM

What a clusterfuck Survivor shaped up to be. I just straight up deleted it. I can’t stand the stupidity of the High Fucking Republic and having to be reminded of The High Fucking Republic in this bullshit took the hard out of my hardon right out.

FAIL!
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users