Malazan Empire: Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor

#21 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:48 AM

Yeah I still got 5% left in the Venator wreck and now clue what I missed. Also a 2 or 5 % on Zeffo and the nature planet so idk. You can't go through the entire temple of Miktrul because you brought down the giant glass thingy in which was a sphere, it allowed you to walk atop it and get to the other side which is the only way to reach a vine. It leads to a small area that looks cool and has a chest.

It sucks that you saw the SPOILER because .... well, yeah. That is one SPOILER that should remain hidden until found.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#22 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:50 PM

Not gonna say a thing. Fun to see you speculate. I think you'll enjoy how this goes.

#23 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:55 AM

Prepare yourself. There's a really cool fight in the temple.

#24 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:23 AM

Spoiler

#25 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:27 PM

You'll get it.

#26 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:28 PM

This game is really fun! I'm playing on Jedi Master difficulty, which feels like just the right amount. I love the exploring and the sound design of this game. The atmosphere is so good, and so far I've been quite pleased with what little I've seen of the story.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#27 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:30 PM

You're going to love the endgame. It's very fun.

Spoiler

#28 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:06 AM

Not teasing. Asking about a boss fight on the red planet - presuming you finished everything there after getting a purple saber - and what you thought of it. I would never actually spoil things.

#29 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:39 AM

I love the two visions you get there, before and after that fight. They really hit home.

#30 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:17 PM

How far along are you now?

#31 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:07 AM

About that last secret

Spoiler

#32 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:55 AM

How about that bit at the end? You know the one I'm talking about.

#33 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:02 PM

I'll be interested to see what they've done difficult-wise after FromSoftware.

It's all canon so no worries there.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#34 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:32 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 14 December 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

Going 44.. so pissed off im taking a breather. My son is even saying to lower difficulty. No! I won't give in quite yet but I can see myself doing so if I get to 100 god forbid. I just don't understand this one..hits are connecting that shouldn't be. I can't close in. Superb challenge.

Morgoth if your reading this please try to track your fights since your on Jedi Master with me!!! The important ones of course. I'd like to see if you get tested like me though I suspect the answer considering you actually beat the Fromsoftware games.

I've been trying to keep out to stay away from spoilers, but yeah, I can do that. You're thinking the boss fights?

#35 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:35 AM

I've fought 4 proper bosses I think? I'm in the second temple, at least the second one I've reached, maybe there are other ways to go about it.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 16 December 2019 - 11:44 AM

#36 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:12 PM

How can anyone underestimate a parry after sekiro!

I'm looking forward to this. If I dont get it for christmas I'll be buying it shortly after.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#37 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

Parrying becomes second nature in sekiro; they widened the window around the tap to make it easier than DS and Bloodborne, and when you tap at the precise moment to parry multiple hits it becomes the only real way of beating the later bosses.

That's why I'm interested, I want to see if it's just an optional form of defense or if you can use it as a legit way of winning if you do it right.

I still find the look of the main guy really off-putting though; he just looks so like the default boring 'everyman' that should appeal to players instead of a legit new character in SW.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 16 December 2019 - 09:38 PM

#38 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:25 AM

View PostTraveller, on 16 December 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

Parrying becomes second nature in sekiro; they widened the window around the tap to make it easier than DS and Bloodborne, and when you tap at the precise moment to parry multiple hits it becomes the only real way of beating the later bosses.

That's why I'm interested, I want to see if it's just an optional form of defense or if you can use it as a legit way of winning if you do it right.

I still find the look of the main guy really off-putting though; he just looks so like the default boring 'everyman' that should appeal to players instead of a legit new character in SW.

I am not sure I particularly like the way he looks, but I wouldn't call him an everyman. Red hair, long face, a pronounced and somewhat jutting lower jaw. He doesn't look anything like the typical action protagonist, at least not to me.

#39 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:25 AM

So I got quite a bit further yesterday. Kashyyk take 2 was such a fun ride

Spoiler

#40 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 02 January 2020 - 10:37 AM

I finished it! Well worth it, I truly enjoyed this game. The best star wars game in gods know how long. The story, the characters, the music and the action was all excellent. I still wish a star wars game would be more bold in exploring some themes and aspects of the force, but you can't have it all.

Spoiler

I enjoyed the fighting in this game. The force powers felt strong and satisfying, and all combat required focus, even against stormtroopers. Still, unlike Sekiro, parrying in this game felt unnecessary. I played as I play Bloodborne, maximum in your face agression followed by quick dodges, and that worked fine all of the time. A relentless beating down through an enemy's guard turned out to be as efficient as parries without the risk of missing the parry window. It was fairly generous, even on Master, but better rarely worth the risk I found.

A very good game, and a truly ejoyable campaign. Would recommend it to anyone.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users