#3321 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:43 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 10 March 2020 - 02:18 PM, said:

I could easily reinforce the 3 planet system using "Naalu's foresight"

Oh?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3322 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:48 PM

View PostD, on 10 March 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

Oh?

That's not how foresight works...

#3323 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:54 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 March 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

Anyone want my racial then the cost is a TG at this stage, earlier in the game it would have been more. You can all afford it, and peoplelike IH and D'rek who are in with a chance at winning if they stop Toaster then a TG for it to better their chances is a small price to pay.

If you continue to try and sabotage everyone else's efforts to stop Toaster, I'll offer to swap Nom's commodities for free if he doesn't swap your commodities :p Have some community spirit Tatts and at least try and join in the efforts to stop Toaster/Twelve/Me/D'rek!

#3324 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:57 PM

Oh and d'rek if you can somehow kill one of my units to grab infantry 2 you are welcome too.

#3325 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:02 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 10 March 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

Anyone want my racial then the cost is a TG at this stage, earlier in the game it would have been more. You can all afford it, and peoplelike IH and D'rek who are in with a chance at winning if they stop Toaster then a TG for it to better their chances is a small price to pay.

If you continue to try and sabotage everyone else's efforts to stop Toaster, I'll offer to swap Nom's commodities for free if he doesn't swap your commodities :p Have some community spirit Tatts and at least try and join in the efforts to stop Toaster/Twelve/Me/D'rek!

There's no sabotage going on at all. My racial was not in anyone's factor to start with. My racial helps which is great and helping stop Toaster is great as long as I get something out of it, you have the TG's to pay for my racial. You're trying to be greedy and get it for free, knowing that if you stopToaster you can use them to gain 2VP if possible. So whilst stopping Toaster is good, slowing you/D'rek whomever is also good. I offer a good deal for all around but its up to you if you take it or not. I am waiting to see if Nom wants to do the 3:3 trade, so once I have his answer then i'll post my move. With or without the racial PN trade. If you want it before you move then this would have been the round to get it.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3326 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:17 PM

I have two rounds before I move against Toaster.

#3327 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:19 PM

Yes, so next round, you go, then Nom, then me, say I transfer to Nom here,
the round after you go, then Nom transfers it to you,
3rd round you have the racial.

Just the way the turn order works.

#3328 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:24 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 March 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

There's no sabotage going on at all. My racial was not in anyone's factor to start with. My racial helps which is great and helping stop Toaster is great as long as I get something out of it, you have the TG's to pay for my racial. You're trying to be greedy and get it for free, knowing that if you stopToaster you can use them to gain 2VP if possible. So whilst stopping Toaster is good, slowing you/D'rek whomever is also good. I offer a good deal for all around but its up to you if you take it or not. I am waiting to see if Nom wants to do the 3:3 trade, so once I have his answer then i'll post my move. With or without the racial PN trade. If you want it before you move then this would have been the round to get it.

I see, I see.

Ok, from now on I won't attack Toaster unless Tatts pays me 2 TG. Why should I do it for free, after all? :rolleyes:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3329 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:27 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 10 March 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

Oh?

I can use foresight and move my ships there right ?

#3330 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:31 PM

View PostD, on 10 March 2020 - 03:24 PM, said:

I see, I see.

Ok, from now on I won't attack Toaster unless Tatts pays me 2 TG. Why should I do it for free, after all? :rolleyes:

because if you don't he wins, but if you do you have a chance at winning. I'm neutral here, I don't have a shot at winning. If Toaster pays me same as you, I would deal with him. Any more out of you young lady and the deal will be retracted indefinitely.

#3331 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:31 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 10 March 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

Oh?

No. Ships can only move from the active system to another system.

Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.

#3332 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:33 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 March 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

I see, I see.

because if you don't he wins, but if you do you have a chance at winning. I'm neutral here, I don't have a shot at winning. If Toaster pays me same as you, I would deal with him. Any more out of you young lady and the deal will be retracted indefinitely.

Tatts, you already acted utterly reprehensibly with the Logistics pick. If you're not going to play to win/maximize your score you shouldn't play at all.

#3333 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:35 PM

View PostD, on 10 March 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

I see, I see.

Tatts, you already acted utterly reprehensibly with the Logistics pick. If you're not going to play to win/maximize your score you shouldn't play at all.

Hence me asking for TG's. No surprise I want the 16 influence 2 VP to boost myself up.

#3334 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:15 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 March 2020 - 03:35 PM, said:

View PostD, on 10 March 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

I see, I see.

Hence me asking for TG's. No surprise I want the 16 influence 2 VP to boost myself up.

Not gonna matter if Toaster wins before your status phase, is it?

#3335 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:17 PM

View PostD, on 10 March 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

View PostToasTer86, on 10 March 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

Oh?

No. Ships can only move from the active system to another system.

Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.

And if it costs you a CT, I think we'd be happy ;)

#3336 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:18 PM

View Posttwelve, on 09 March 2020 - 10:47 PM, said:

He clearly hasn't listened to the spacecats peaceturtles latest strategy guide regarding the bugs. They recommend getting fighter 2 pretty damn early and more or less ignore dread II unless you get a yellow skip.

I tried that in the game I. Imho, there is a clear ceiling to its use.
The path of Blue 1, green 1, fighter II is cheap and easy enough (and getting the action card on green 1 is pretty awesome). It also is doable without really expanding your fleet size: with the 2 starting carriers, you can build a good first fleet throwing 10 dice in the first round. In round 1-4, no one wants to face that fleet. If you use it defensively, it can also restock quickly and cheaply.

The obvious downside is speed: it moves slowly and takes 2 turns to build in your home system (5 plastic bits a turn, without a well-timed Warfare secondary - at a cost of 5 TG a pop).
You also don't have a lot of left over carrying capacity for infantry, apart from the flagship - which you really don't want to fly solo.

Researching carrier II, as I did (iirc) increases the hit points/ die total to 14 per fleet (2 carriers + 12 fighters) with better speed: pretty scary midgame, once again, no-one will want to be the first one to face it.
However, I think the better end-game path is researching Sarween, Plasma scoring and Cruiser II. In addition to some extra firepower to your existing fleets without needing to increase the starting fleet size, you also get some really fast, really cheap additional fleets (2 cruisers + 2 fighters/ infantry = 4 TG = your home system).
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3337 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:18 PM

Ah, I see, Toaster can use Foresight when I attack Ar/Fo/Gl to move the ships there to Tequ/Tork, or vice versa, making it harder to defeat one or the other.

#3338 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:22 PM

View PostD, on 10 March 2020 - 04:18 PM, said:

Ah, I see, Toaster can use Foresight when I attack Ar/Fo/Gl to move the ships there to Tequ/Tork, or vice versa, making it harder to defeat one or the other.

Yeah but it costs him a CT, so the net result is the same as us taking the planets

#3339 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:24 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 10 March 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

Yeah but it costs him a CT, so the net result is the same as us taking the planets

Yup

#3340 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:25 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 10 March 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

Not if I am able to keep one the systems.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

37 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 37 guests, 0 anonymous users