• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:53 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 06 December 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 06 December 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

View PostJazzarm, on 06 December 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 05 December 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

View PostJazzarm, on 05 December 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 05 December 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

Anyways, I won't hold up the game any longer, apologies for that.

@ Jazz: I hope we can stick to our half-discussed deal. Remember, there's 2TGs and no interference from me next round in it for you if you leave Wellon/Tar'Mann alone this round. Otherwise, there's no TGs, ugly looks, and two nasty action cards headed your way if you do.

I've told you my price (2tg+wellon+tarmann), it's up to Tatts to confirm whether they're ok with giving me uncontested access to Wellon and Tar'mann next round.

I might have another deal for you but you're going to have to hold on a while before I can talk about it.

It's my action now. I can either go on Wellon now and build up Lodd Eru, or build at home and let all of this happen. But I need to know what I get out of it first. I'll hold my turn for a few hours.

Ok, if you go on Wellon now you have a fight on your hands, and I'm not just talking about the ships in Wellon. If you let me keep Wellon and Tar'Mann this round, you can move in freely next round (as well as get those 2TGs before this round is over) without a fight. As Tatts has my SftT, he won't be able to contest them until I move out, so you can coordinate your takeover with me to your best advantage and build up the necessary protection. Which of course means that if you wanted to you could keep them indefinitely for further PO objectives, or sell them back to Tatts. I'll throw in my Trade Agreement as well for you to use next round.

Alright, I do like money. Pay me 2tg and your TA now and I'll follow Construction on Lodd Eru, deal? That guarantees no interference from me this round.

I’ll pay you 2 TG now and give you my TA either after you pass if it’s before me or else in the agenda phase. It’s not that I don’t trust you, but I’m just naturally cautious :) Deal?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2122 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:07 AM

View Posttwelve, on 06 December 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 06 December 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 06 December 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

IH I thought you were going to wait to play construction.

I realised what I was thinking of doing wouldn't work, and playing it earlier made sense. If you wanted me to play it at a certain time you should have said.

Well you gave me the impression you were playing it later and that was what I was looking for so didnt think I needed to. I'll just deal with it.

Sorry the next couple of rounds to me meant this round or next, i can see how that might not be clear...

#2123 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:12 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 06 December 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

I'll pay you 2 TG now and give you my TA either after you pass if it's before me or else in the agenda phase. It's not that I don't trust you, but I'm just naturally cautious :) Deal?

Agreed. Tatts is staying eerily quiet during this entire conversation but we'll figure that out next round.

#2124 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 08 December 2019 - 03:10 PM

who is up? Warfare right?

#2125 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 08 December 2019 - 03:19 PM

Yeah, we're up to Morgoth, but he usually isn't around on the weekends.

#2126 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:40 AM

Creuss just activated Rex :p
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2127 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:26 AM

@ Jazz: I hope we can stick to our half-discussed deal. Remember, there's 2TGs and no interference from me next round in it for you if you leave Wellon/Tar'Mann alone this round. Otherwise, there's no TGs, ugly looks, and two nasty action cards headed your way if you do.

I've told you my price (2tg+wellon+tarmann), it's up to Tatts to confirm whether they're ok with giving me uncontested access to Wellon and Tar'mann next round.

I might have another deal for you but you're going to have to hold on a while before I can talk about it.

It's my action now. I can either go on Wellon now and build up Lodd Eru, or build at home and let all of this happen. But I need to know what I get out of it first. I'll hold my turn for a few hours.

Ok, if you go on Wellon now you have a fight on your hands, and I'm not just talking about the ships in Wellon. If you let me keep Wellon and Tar'Mann this round, you can move in freely next round (as well as get those 2TGs before this round is over) without a fight. As Tatts has my SftT, he won't be able to contest them until I move out, so you can coordinate your takeover with me to your best advantage and build up the necessary protection. Which of course means that if you wanted to you could keep them indefinitely for further PO objectives, or sell them back to Tatts. I'll throw in my Trade Agreement as well for you to use next round.

Alright, I do like money. Pay me 2tg and your TA now and I'll follow Construction on Lodd Eru, deal? That guarantees no interference from me this round.

I don't like this Khell, I dealt with you in good faith from the start and now you plan to hamper me? That's not very altruistic of you.

@Jazz, why do you want Tar'mann at all? I understand Wellon to go for the 6 planet VP but you're just being greedy otherwise.

#2128 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:40 AM

I'm back now! posting in a minute.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2129 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:47 AM

Hey Toaster, the destroyer is there simply to remove the chance of any potential wormholes being placed where they're not allowed to. I think it benefits us both.

#2130 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:39 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 09 December 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

I don't like this Khell, I dealt with you in good faith from the start and now you plan to hamper me? That's not very altruistic of you.

@Jazz, why do you want Tar'mann at all? I understand Wellon to go for the 6 planet VP but you're just being greedy otherwise.

I suspect he only wants Wellon ultimately. If we all keep playing nicey nicey we’ll all come out better from this than we would have otherwise, despite all the bargaining and posturing. At the end of the day I want something for my SftT, and if that means having to bargain further with Jazz, so be it. You’d like my vote and Jazz would like to occupy Wellon without effort or resistance. You also both want me to get out of here pretty much ASAP next round, which I can accommodate.

#2131 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:45 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 December 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

I suspect he only wants Wellon ultimately. If we all keep playing nicey nicey we’ll all come out better from this than we would have otherwise, despite all the bargaining and posturing. At the end of the day I want something for my SftT, and if that means having to bargain further with Jazz, so be it. You’d like my vote and Jazz would like to occupy Wellon without effort or resistance. You also both want me to get out of here pretty much ASAP next round, which I can accommodate.

Tatts there is nothing stopping you reoccupying tarman, you agreed to move out not to not move back in again ;)

#2132 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:53 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 09 December 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

Hey Toaster, the destroyer is there simply to remove the chance of any potential wormholes being placed where they're not allowed to. I think it benefits us both.

I was going to close that and move there ....
And I also have the iff on me so there is not threat...
As well as also opening a highway to my home planet from your base ...

Not really happy that you did not discuss this ...

Let me know how we are going to solve this ...

#2133 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:54 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 09 December 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

I suspect he only wants Wellon ultimately. If we all keep playing nicey nicey we'll all come out better from this than we would have otherwise, despite all the bargaining and posturing. At the end of the day I want something for my SftT, and if that means having to bargain further with Jazz, so be it. You'd like my vote and Jazz would like to occupy Wellon without effort or resistance. You also both want me to get out of here pretty much ASAP next round, which I can accommodate.

Tatts there is nothing stopping you reoccupying tarman, you agreed to move out not to not move back in again ;)

I am already one step ahead of you here IH, I'm watching the exchange and thinking similar things.

#2134 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:18 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 09 December 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

I suspect he only wants Wellon ultimately. If we all keep playing nicey nicey we'll all come out better from this than we would have otherwise, despite all the bargaining and posturing. At the end of the day I want something for my SftT, and if that means having to bargain further with Jazz, so be it. You'd like my vote and Jazz would like to occupy Wellon without effort or resistance. You also both want me to get out of here pretty much ASAP next round, which I can accommodate.

I am already one step ahead of you here IH, I'm watching the exchange and thinking similar things.

And I thought that you thought that you might be doing that :p

Of course you can do that, but then 1) who is the one dealing in bad faith. I gave you my SftT up front in trust that you would fulfil the conditions, so it would be mighty hypocritical of you to do that after accusing me of 'hampering' you (which I actually have not done, and even worked it out so that I didn't ask yet more of you in moving a ship to the alpha wormhole).

2) I am not above responding aggresively to such a move (and again, I don't just mean the ships at Wellon). Where does that leave us? We probably both lose out, but you lose out more, as without my buffer and the harm you've done your own units, Jazz just moves in wherever he wants. You will also lose my vote.

And let's not think for one moment that IH is suggesting you do something out of the goodness of his heart. Fighting here only benefits those elsewhere, including IH.

#2135 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:27 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 December 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 09 December 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

And I thought that you thought that you might be doing that :p

Of course you can do that, but then 1) who is the one dealing in bad faith. I gave you my SftT up front in trust that you would fulfil the conditions, so it would be mighty hypocritical of you to do that after accusing me of 'hampering' you (which I actually have not done, and even worked it out so that I didn't ask yet more of you in moving a ship to the alpha wormhole).

2) I am not above responding aggresively to such a move (and again, I don't just mean the ships at Wellon). Where does that leave us? We probably both lose out, but you lose out more, as without my buffer and the harm you've done your own units, Jazz just moves in wherever he wants. You will also lose my vote.

And let's not think for one moment that IH is suggesting you do something out of the goodness of his heart. Fighting here only benefits those elsewhere, including IH.

I know that, it just seems that you waited until after we madeour deal, after we started doing our moves to then make a deal with Jazz to screw me over. Is that why you originally wanted my racial aswel? I'm not going to break our deal, but you should know I am not happy.

#2136 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:48 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 09 December 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 09 December 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

I was going to close that and move there ....
And I also have the iff on me so there is not threat...
As well as also opening a highway to my home planet from your base ...

Not really happy that you did not discuss this ...

Let me know how we are going to solve this ...

I needed to do something to stall and this seemed the best option. It didn't alter any of my plans, and I figured it didn't threaten you either. I can see how you'd consider it a sort of access to your homeworld I guess. Though bearing in mind that I have your sftt, and my current placement fat and happy on a wormhole system, there's no way I'd be interested in attacking your homeworld.

If it's too much of an issue for you though I can move it next round.

#2137 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:17 PM

@Tatts: I totally understand that. That’s not why I wanted your racial, I wanted that because originally I thought you weren’t going to move all your ships/infantry out of the way, and I might need it in order to succeed, but that turned out not to be the case because of your moves out. With regard to Jazz, I tried to strike a deal with him before moving anything, but he wasn’t around for ages, and I didn’t want to hold up the game any longer. Anyways, in order to make it up to you if you feel I haven’t been upfront, I do have something to offer you, but I’d prefer to talk about it later.

#2138 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 December 2019 - 03:32 PM

Wasn't Spy used already?

Edit: Although I'll take you stealing that one :p

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 09 December 2019 - 03:33 PM

#2139 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 December 2019 - 03:34 PM

Technology has not been played yet has it D'rek? You have it crossed out.

#2140 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:02 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 09 December 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

Technology has not been played yet has it D'rek? You have it crossed out.

Fixed. Thanks.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users