• You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#121 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:06 AM

View PostToasTer86, on 11 October 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 11 October 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Actually. No, I don't think so. Sorry for the back and forth, but I'm fine with warfare or Imperial. I'm not willing to give everyone that level of advantage and pay in addition. This way I'll use Logistics at a time where most wont be able to use it.

The Mind Snakes are now very confused....
You do not want the speaker token?

Cant we make another kind of deal ?

I recognize that the speaker token is valuable. But I also think you recognize that playing Logistics on round 2 rather than 3 changes a great deal for quite a few of you. It is a valuable choice.

If you give me the speaker token, I will play logistics round 2. and I will take Quann and so place myself in a position to trade two of my commodities for 2 of yours. I think that is a fair outcome for the both of us.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#122 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:11 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 11 October 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

Actually. No, I don't think so. Sorry for the back and forth, but I'm fine with warfare or Imperial. I'm not willing to give everyone that level of advantage and pay in addition. This way I'll use Logistics at a time where most wont be able to use it.

I recognize that the speaker token is valuable. But I also think you recognize that playing Logistics on round 2 rather than 3 changes a great deal for quite a few of you. It is a valuable choice.

If you give me the speaker token, I will play logistics round 2. and I will take Quann and so place myself in a position to trade two of my commodities for 2 of yours. I think that is a fair outcome for the both of us.

I certainly recognize that, I have maybe even a better deal. I will play politics next round, let me check what action cards I receive.
I might get a good stall or card I can play that way we can stall out logistics and it still not hampering me (to much).

And I think 2 commodities is fair price in this case. Thank you for being open to negotiations. Lets hope I get a good stall/action so we can stall our logistics.

#123 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:12 AM

When it comes to the Meta. I can see the argument you're presenting regarding my PN. But in a game like this, and with the map looking the way it does. A lot of players will have an interest in gaining access to the wormhole network, whereas I have no particular need of more wormholes at this point. Sure, as the game progresses more access will be good for me too, but right now I do not particularly want the additional complexity.

#124 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:13 AM

View PostToasTer86, on 11 October 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

I certainly recognize that, I have maybe even a better deal. I will play politics next round, let me check what action cards I receive.
I might get a good stall or card I can play that way we can stall out logistics and it still not hampering me (to much).

And I think 2 commodities is fair price in this case. Thank you for being open to negotiations. Lets hope I get a good stall/action so we can stall our logistics.

That sounds reasonable and is appreciated. I accept, and will make sure to be flexible in future negotiations, as you have been here.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 11 October 2019 - 10:14 AM

#125 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:28 AM

Khell is up.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#126 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 11 October 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

View PostToasTer86, on 11 October 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

That sounds reasonable and is appreciated. I accept, and will make sure to be flexible in future negotiations, as you have been here.

Let's do that, negotiations and trading is not about always agreeing immediately but being able to come to a consensus and deal by talking it out.
Very nice first interactions with you as my neighbor. Looking forward to fruitful relationships.

#127 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:05 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 11 October 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Out Of Character (OOC): In my meta using the Cruess PN note is considered a favor for the Cruess player. As it really provides them more angles of attack, more place to gain movement speed, more places to gain combat strength.
So often times the Cruess player will pay players to use it and activate it, only very rarely for example when you have a secret objectives for wormholes will another player pay the Cruess.

That's how it's often been in previous games here, too.

View PostToasTer86, on 11 October 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 11 October 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Let's do that, negotiations and trading is not about always agreeing immediately but being able to come to a consensus and deal by talking it out.
Very nice first interactions with you as my neighbor. Looking forward to fruitful relationships.

Now kissssttttthhhh :wub:

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#128 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:33 PM

I don't know, i recall being paid quite a few tgs/other favours when i was last the creuss to let others move those wormholes.

#129 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:02 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 11 October 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

I do too. As long as people are aware and example move would be;

Warfare secondary -

Sol carrier with 2 fighters and 2 infantry move to from hex a to hex C moving through hex B, picking up 2 infantry and 2 fighters

Sol carrier with 4 fighters and 4 infantry moving from hex a to hex B

Tactical action

Activate hex D

Move both carriers, 8 fighters and 8 infantry -

It's quite strong when you look at it that way, as this would be done in one turn. No way to defend against that level of threat.

That's very interesting. I don't know why but I assumed you could only pick 1 hex to move ships out of and move them a maximum of 1 space. Can you use Gravity Drive for the Warfare secondary? I assume 'no' since GD is worded to only work during a tactical action.

#130 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:07 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 11 October 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

Warfare secondary -

Sol carrier with 2 fighters and 2 infantry move to from hex a to hex C moving through hex B, picking up 2 infantry and 2 fighters

Tactical action

Activate hex D

It's quite strong when you look at it that way, as this would be done in one turn. No way to defend against that level of threat.

That's very interesting. I don't know why but I assumed you could only pick 1 hex to move ships out of and move them a maximum of 1 space. Can you use Gravity Drive for the Warfare secondary? I assume 'no' since GD is worded to only work during a tactical action.

We'd obviously need clarification early as possible, I don't thik so. I think only what the unit can move without any tech.

#131 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:19 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 11 October 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

We'd obviously need clarification early as possible, I don't thik so. I think only what the unit can move without any tech.

Hey by the way, if you wanted to capture Qucen/Rarron, I'd swap commodities with you 2 for 2 on that same turn.

I'm also happy to 'wash' your last commodity as a favor on my next turn, and would request again the opportunity to exploit Tarmann for the tech skip. I'd take it round 2, leave round 3, and ask you not to take it until after tech is popped. If that's cool with you, I can promise you I won't mess with your systems/plans as long as you don't mess with mine. I'd rather like to see you succeed to hold your borders against a Nekro whose hunger for tech nibbles will always bring them to where the goods are. If you need assurances to safely bring the bulk of your forces to your planned forward space dock system, I'd also be down for a Ceasefire Swap with you. Keep in mind Cease is not mandatory to play, so this way we could still exchange systems for future control objectives, if necessary.

#132 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:29 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 11 October 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 11 October 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

Hey by the way, if you wanted to capture Qucen/Rarron, I'd swap commodities with you 2 for 2 on that same turn.

I'm also happy to 'wash' your last commodity as a favor on my next turn, and would request again the opportunity to exploit Tarmann for the tech skip. I'd take it round 2, leave round 3, and ask you not to take it until after tech is popped. If that's cool with you, I can promise you I won't mess with your systems/plans as long as you don't mess with mine. I'd rather like to see you succeed to hold your borders against a Nekro whose hunger for tech nibbles will always bring them to where the goods are. If you need assurances to safely bring the bulk of your forces to your planned forward space dock system, I'd also be down for a Ceasefire Swap with you. Keep in mind Cease is not mandatory to play, so this way we could still exchange systems for future control objectives, if necessary.

I'm down for all of that. Except PN's for now, but I'm happy enough to let you have Tar'mann next round, with those caveats. Thank you for the trade option :)

#133 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:50 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 11 October 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

Warfare secondary -

Tactical action

Activate hex D

Gravity Drive would not apply, nor any other capabilities that apply specifically only to tactical actions.

I think the additional limitation needs to be either:

a} Picking up infantry from planets is not allowed at all, but the ships can move their full move value and can move to empty hexes; or
b} You can pick up infantry from planets, but the ships can only move to an adjacent hex you control even if they have higher movement

{a} is more useful for clogging empty space with destroyers, while {b} is better for moving infantry/stuff around inside your controlled systems

For comparison, here's how the Warfare cards in TI3 worked:

WARFARE I

Primary ability: Immediately retrieve one of your CCs from the board and place it back in your Command Pool.

Secondary ability: Spend one CC from your Strategy Allocation area to choose one or two of your Destroyer/Cruiser units anywhere on the board. Each unit may now move to an adjacent empty (non-Home) system (i.e. adjacent to the system from which the ship originates). Then place one of your CCs from your reinforcements in each destination system. A player may move his Destroyer/Cruiser in a system he has previously activated (no additional CC is placed). Ships with Stasis Capsule may NOT carry units using this secondary ability.

WARFARE II

Primary ability: Place one of your systems on “High Alert,” which is indicated with the High Alert token. You may optionally move the “High Alert” token with any ships that move out of the system. The token is removed at the start of the Status Phase.

All your ships (including mercenaries) that are in the system on High Alert receive:
+1 movement. If the token moves with certain ships, the ships that are left behind still benefit from the +1 movement until the end of the activation.
+1 to rolls during Space Combat. This bonus does not apply to pre-combat abilities and to units in Invasion Combat. Also, only ships in the system identified with the High Alert token benefit from this bonus.

Secondary ability: Spend 1 CC from your Strategy Allocation area. Move any two of your ships in unactivated systems into an adjacent system or systems that you control. This does not activate the destination system(s), meaning that as long as the destination system(s) were not already activated, the moved ships will be able to move later on that round. (Also, because the destination system is not activated, this movement does not trigger PDS fire.). Ships, like Carriers, may not pick up and/or drop off units via this secondary ability.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#134 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys. Given the reason for Blend's absence, it feels extra weird to write this, but earlier today my grandmother passed away. As such, I am very unlikely to undertake any modding stuff over the weekend.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#135 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:39 PM

Tapper said:

1570814386[/url]' post='1385610']
Hey guys. Given the reason for Blend's absence, it feels extra weird to write this, but earlier today my grandmother passed away. As such, I am very unlikely to undertake any modding stuff over the weekend.

Well damn. I'm sorry for your loss.
I have one grandparent still alive and she's 88. I'll be sure to pay her a visit this week!
Sterkte joh.

#136 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:48 PM

I am so sorry to hear that, Tapps. Take care of yourself and the family

#137 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:49 PM

I can’t post my order until tomorrow. Out drinking wine with Laura 😊

#138 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:00 PM

View PostTapper, on 11 October 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

I’m really sorry to hear that, Tapper. My condolences to you and your family. Obviously I don’t even need to say this, but don’t worry about us, and thanks for helping out as much as you did already.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#139 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:19 PM

Sorry to hear that tapper, take all the time you need.

#140 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:18 PM

Sorry to hear that Tapper.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users