Malazan Empire: TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 83 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#1 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,266
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:00 PM

All the regular chat thread reference material is in the Reference Thread.

Couple of important notes about this game!

The following changes have been made to the SOs in play:

Firstly, the Diversify Negotiations SO which required a player to own one PN from each player has been removed completely.

The test for "Charge Through Their Defenses" has been changed from ...

Quote

Charge Through Their Defenses -- 1VP -- Action Phase -- Successfully invade a planet that has 2 PDSs.


to

Quote

Charge Through Their Defenses -- 1VP -- Action Phase -- Destroy or replace two or more PDS during a single tactical action.



Chat away!
0

#2 User is offline   Jazzarm 

  • Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 147
  • Joined: 26-September 19

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:26 PM

What's the etiquette regarding private messages? Are they allowed, and if yes, do you have to announce them?
0

#3 User is offline   twelve 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 7,213
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:28 PM

All game moves and deals are public Knowledge in this game. At least that has been the rules this far.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#4 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,812
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:36 PM

beep

 worrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#5 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,266
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:08 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 08 October 2019 - 06:26 PM, said:

What's the etiquette regarding private messages? Are they allowed, and if yes, do you have to announce them?


You may not PM other players, the only off thread comms you are allowed to have is with me via your Game PM. All other negotiations are done on thread.

We used to show PNs off thread via the mod when trading, but in the end I think it became easier to just post on thread as it's not terribly difficult to figure out what PNs people are trading.
0

#6 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,684
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:11 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 08 October 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

Tattersail_ said:

1570556701[/url]' post='1385329']
Sardakk N'Orr

It was either them or letnev stuck between Nekro and L1


Greeting from L1, esteemed space bugs. We were responsible for engineering your slice, and hope it brings you prosperity. I'm sure we can have a copacetic relationship, aided in part by mutual admiration of each others' sweet racial dreadnaughts.

As for borders, we are happy to respect qucen/rarron as yours, but would like to make a claim to Tarmann and perhaps Wellon. While these systems are closer in proximity to your home than ours, the unique layout of this galaxy requires a unique perspective on planet rights, and our people face a token problem that can only be solved with influence rich systems outside our perceived slice, or the use of a green skip to grab Hypermetabolism as soon as possible. We're also open to the idea of taking turns on Tarmann, if green techs are something you are interested in as well.

Greetings to the turtles as well. Your diplomatic abilities are legendary, and the L1 are interested in staying on your good side to perhaps benefit from your powerful Instinct Training or Quash abilities in a time of need.


I haven't given much thought into territory other than when I mentioned what is obvious. I was assuming the supernova would separate use and we'd border near Rarron/Abyz.

I do see Tar mann as my system, as you can see amount of planets we both would incur if done "fairly" however you getting their first and using its green tech would be something I'd consider for sure.

It depends on objects regarding those 3 tech planets really doesn't it?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#7 User is offline   Jazzarm 

  • Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 147
  • Joined: 26-September 19

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:11 PM

Okay cool, good to know! I definitely prefer this way since everyone gets to enjoy the bartering and drama. I saw someone mention private conversations in another PBF game so that's why I asked.
0

#8 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,266
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:14 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 08 October 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

View PostJazzarm, on 08 October 2019 - 06:26 PM, said:

What's the etiquette regarding private messages? Are they allowed, and if yes, do you have to announce them?


You may not PM other players, the only off thread comms you are allowed to have is with me via your Game PM. All other negotiations are done on thread.

We used to show PNs off thread via the mod when trading, but in the end I think it became easier to just post on thread as it's not terribly difficult to figure out what PNs people are trading.


To add to that, you'll notice that the OP in your Game PM has been updated to include all your stuff! As we move through the game, Action Cards, SOs and other players' PNs you may receive will be added and removed by the mod from your Game PM.

Your strategy selections, tactical actions and agenda phase discussions will all be done in the Game & Chat Threads (see past Game Threads for the expected layout - player banners will come at a later date when I've had time to make them). Once you have posted an action, you usually have a small window in which you are welcome to make small changes to your action. For example, if you said you wanted to move 2 carriers and a dread to a certain system, then realize that doesn't work with your current fleet pool, and it's only been about 20 minutes since you posted, AND the player following you hasn't played yet, go ahead and change it, but please mention either via your Game PM or in the Chat Thread that you have updated your post. Same goes for if you notice you've forgotten to reduce your CTs or TGs or whatever in your post, go ahead and fix that. However, if you made that same mistake with the ships, it's been several hours since you posted and one or more players have played their turns, you're just going to have to destroy whatever ship you choose to get back down to your Fleet Pool. Hope that's clear!

Votes for the agenda phase are provided to me offthread via the Game PM. Once I have everyone's votes, I will post the results in the Game Thread using a Custodians post.

Please be sure to review the forum-specific rules for the Strategy and Agenda Phases and the use of Secondaries which can be found at the end of the first post in the Reference Thread.

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 08 October 2019 - 07:18 PM

0

#9 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,266
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:15 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 08 October 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

Okay cool, good to know! I definitely prefer this way since everyone gets to enjoy the bartering and drama. I saw someone mention private conversations in another PBF game so that's why I asked.


We have debated it in the past, but realistically if you're playing this around the table, without having somewhere away from the table to have private conversation, it's all done around the table. We try to emulate that dynamic as much as possible despite the fact that we're doing PBF.
0

#10 User is offline   Khellendros 

  • Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 5,564
  • Joined: 14-August 07

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:19 PM

And you’re also free to announce in public how you’ll be voting even though the votes are given by PM to the mod. Of course, you can also lie on thread too...
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."
0

#11 User is offline   Jazzarm 

  • Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 147
  • Joined: 26-September 19

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:20 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 08 October 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:


I haven't given much thought into territory other than when I mentioned what is obvious. I was assuming the supernova would separate use and we'd border near Rarron/Abyz.

I do see Tar mann as my system, as you can see amount of planets we both would incur if done "fairly" however you getting their first and using its green tech would be something I'd consider for sure.

It depends on objects regarding those 3 tech planets really doesn't it?


Indeed, it's too soon to talk logistics without seeing objectives and strategy card picks. I'm happy to trade planets to help each other score objectives if it comes up. And I suppose if we're to keep to the set-up slices, Wellon is mine, Tarmann is yours, and Daemon is XXcha's by right. We can use that as a baseline to negotiate around.
0

#12 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,266
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:22 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 08 October 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

And you’re also free to announce in public how you’ll be voting even though the votes are given by PM to the mod. Of course, you can also lie on thread too...


What? NO ONE EVER DOES THAT!! :sofa:
0

#13 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,684
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:32 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 08 October 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 08 October 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:


I haven't given much thought into territory other than when I mentioned what is obvious. I was assuming the supernova would separate use and we'd border near Rarron/Abyz.

I do see Tar mann as my system, as you can see amount of planets we both would incur if done "fairly" however you getting their first and using its green tech would be something I'd consider for sure.

It depends on objects regarding those 3 tech planets really doesn't it?


Indeed, it's too soon to talk logistics without seeing objectives and strategy card picks. I'm happy to trade planets to help each other score objectives if it comes up. And I suppose if we're to keep to the set-up slices, Wellon is mine, Tarmann is yours, and Daemon is XXcha's by right. We can use that as a baseline to negotiate around.



Of course. If you're are looking at the yellow tech to get inheritance systems then it's only really worth the cost to upgrade your dreads, but can be quite expensive in the long run. I was playing them in one of our pauses games and realised it may not be worth the hassle. Number 9 starting spot may have been good for them with that strategy cause of Lazar and a good mix of resources.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#14 User is offline   Morgoth 

  • executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,935
  • Joined: 24-January 03
  • Location:the void

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:41 PM

So Khell is my one neighbour, who is the one on my other side again?

To you both, I naturally consider my immediate two systems to be beyond claim. They are mine and I will under no circumstances share them. When that is said, I suspect I will be an exemplary neighbour to you both. I have trade goods to trade for both of you potentially, and with Quann under my control I can move around as without bothering your systems at all.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil
0

#15 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,266
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:45 PM

To those who have already selected their races, I've updated your Game PMs. Please take a bit of time to make sure I haven't made any mistakes!

To the new players - though I may seem pretty godly from up here in my Mod Alt, I am not omniscient.

If you ever notice an error made by me in the game thread or in your game PM, please do not hesitate to let me know!! I have to keep track of 9 players' worth of stuff while you only really have to keep track of your own. I WILL make mistakes, and when I do, I always resolve them (as fairly as possible if it's a big game-changing one).
0

#16 User is offline   Morgoth 

  • executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,935
  • Joined: 24-January 03
  • Location:the void

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:46 PM

My PN is for sale, price to be negotiated, though I will have to be given assurances as to it not being used in a way that will inconvenience my own plans.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil
0

#17 User is offline   Jazzarm 

  • Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 147
  • Joined: 26-September 19

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:04 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 08 October 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:


Of course. If you're are looking at the yellow tech to get inheritance systems then it's only really worth the cost to upgrade your dreads, but can be quite expensive in the long run. I was playing them in one of our pauses games and realised it may not be worth the hassle. Number 9 starting spot may have been good for them with that strategy cause of Lazar and a good mix of resources.


I've gotten some use out of IS in the past, but even with an 8 resource slice it remains an expensive - not to mention situational - tech to use. And with a Nekro in the game skipping to late-game techs earlier might help them more than me! I mainly need Wellon for the influence value, and to keep my options open regarding Mecatol. In addition, this division of space gives us both an efficient 8 resources and 5 influence each. Talk about fair!
0

#18 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 5,224
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:57 PM

Twelve can we come to an arrangement regarding planets to maintain peace in our little corner of the galaxy? Early commodity trade if possible?

Likewise khell?
0

#19 User is offline   Khellendros 

  • Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 5,564
  • Joined: 14-August 07

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:54 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 08 October 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

Twelve can we come to an arrangement regarding planets to maintain peace in our little corner of the galaxy? Early commodity trade if possible?

Likewise khell?


Yep to both. Commodity trade will be slightly tougher for us as we’ll have to send ships into non-planetary hexes in order to meet.

I see the three systems around my homeworld as mine and the 3-planet system next to MR. As Morgoth will be gallivanting to parts unknown with the Creuss and so probably won’t bother trying to come round the nova, I’ll be happy to take Centauri-Gral too ;)
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."
0

#20 User is offline   twelve 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 7,213
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:16 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 08 October 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

Twelve can we come to an arrangement regarding planets to maintain peace in our little corner of the galaxy? Early commodity trade if possible?

Likewise khell?

I'm thinking strongly of picking trade as my first pick. How many commodities does the Yin get with trade? Hell how many does the plant people get for that matter?

What did you have in mind. I dont think there are too many systems we would even really want to fight over but I need to look over the map to verify.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

Share this topic:


  • 83 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users