• You cannot reply to this topic

Greed Fall

#41 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:31 PM

-The side quests started coming in thick'n'fast again- following Petrus triggered the Nauts; also more Kurt= chasing Egon again.

The Naut quests were kinda weak. Petrus+Vasco being a very talkative duo helped, though.

I also visited another area, where De Sardet knew how to ask questions way before the plot happened. But after killing another Plain Guardian I got Siora an epic-looking High King's Robe. Kurt is rocking Commander's Armour, which... doesn't actually look all that great, tbh.

Gonna try to get on the Alliance's good side now. Also, I'm like 2 notes away from finishing prof. Serafeddin's collectathon quest.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 07 November 2019 - 05:19 AM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#42 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:15 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 19 October 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

I’m out for now. Have to cut time so I can do my other projects and get them completed.

This didn’t hold my interest like I wanted or it kinda did really story wise I should say but seeing the same people/places bored me to death and took away an desire to proceed further.

It's a fair complaint, but I can honestly say it doesn't affect me in the slightest. Probably because my favourite RPGs include the original Deus Ex, Bloodlines and the original Witcher- all of which do a ton of asset re-use. So I guess my tolerance for samey-looking character models is like sky-high, lol.

There's a ton of minor niggles and lack of polish I'm constantly noticing with VOs and subtitles- one quest I had Petrus literally repeated a phrase twice- but none of them diminish my interest in exploring the island and the story. I also seek out encounters, despite the limited enemy roster, because I'm motivated to grind by having stuff not reachable with low Vigor- it's such a minor whiff of Metroidvania, but it still hooks me, dammit, lol. I think I'm soon gonna revisit every singe map to see where I can climb now that I have 2 Vigor.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 07 November 2019 - 05:20 AM

#43 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:53 PM

Yes I found the armor. Missed the entrance the first time and later saw it on the map

Currently I'm back in Hikmet, and I guess I should also try to finsih quest Nr. 3 for Kurt and Petrus before I'm progressing with the main quest again.

It is a bit sad that they didn't manage to account for players discovering things in the wrong order. I learned about the origin of all the guardians way ealier through a note from Serrafeddin. I hoped for a cutscene, but no real reaction from anyone. I guess De Sardet isn't really interested in reading ^^

But only two more notes left? That's impressive. I didn't find half of them until now Posted Image

This post has been edited by - Coltaine - : 20 October 2019 - 02:53 PM

#44 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 20 October 2019 - 03:06 PM

View PostMentalist, on 19 October 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

View PostBfuckinK, on 19 October 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

I'm out for now. Have to cut time so I can do my other projects and get them completed.

This didn't hold my interest like I wanted or it kinda did really story wise I should say but seeing the same people/places bored me to death and took away an desire to proceed further.

It's a fair complaint, but I can honestly say it doesn't affect me in the slightest. Probably because my favourite RPGs include the original Deus Ex, Bloodlines and the original Witcher- all of which do a ton of asset re-use. So I guess my tolerance for samey-looking character models is like sky-high, lol.

There's a ton of minor niggles and lack of polish I'm constantly noticing with VOs and subtitles- one quest I had Petrus literally repeated a phrase twice- but none of them finish my interest in exploring the island and the story. I also seek out encounters, despite the limited enemy roster, because I'm motivated to grind by having stuff not reachable with low Vigor- it's such a minor whiff of Metroidvania, but it still hooks me, dammit, lol. I think I'm soon gonna revisit every singe map to see where I can climb now that I have 2 Vigor.

Same for me. I can really understand if the lack of polish bothers people, but I'm enjoying the story and the world way too much to be affected by it.

#45 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:57 AM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 20 October 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

Yes I found the armor. Missed the entrance the first time and later saw it on the map

Currently I'm back in Hikmet, and I guess I should also try to finsih quest Nr. 3 for Kurt and Petrus before I'm progressing with the main quest again.

It is a bit sad that they didn't manage to account for players discovering things in the wrong order. I learned about the origin of all the guardians way ealier through a note from Serrafeddin. I hoped for a cutscene, but no real reaction from anyone. I guess De Sardet isn't really interested in reading ^^

But only two more notes left? That's impressive. I didn't find half of them until now Posted Image

Ok, I lied: I have 4 notes left to find- though at least 1 of them is in the swamp by Hikmet where the Guardian is. I just haven't gotten around to fighting it yet.

I DO only have 2 camps left, though- 1 is in the area that's not yet on my map, and the other's by the logging camp, but in the part of the map that's still blocked off for story reasons.

So I did the Bridge quest line and... WTF? Like seriously, that is just so many levels of messed up. On and on and on....

Also finished "Shadows of the Guard". Pretty good overall.

Now I finally have no choice but to move the main quest along and do Petrus' investigation. I hope Siora's questline will kick in after that.

Edit 1: oooh, a FIVE-shot purple pistol!

Also, the swamp Guardian didn't have a note, just a key to another chest of Unique loot, which was... meh.

Starting to get choices in quests now, and i'm just kinda stumbling through.

Also got Siora as " friendly" (everyone is "friendly" now, except the Congregation, oddly enough), so I can stack Vigor now with an armour add-on and her friendship bonus to start climbing those hard-to reach spots. Might do that next session, instead of following the main quest.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 22 October 2019 - 12:53 PM

#46 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:41 AM

Also did the Bridge Questline last day. Now Theleme isn't looking like they are the worst. And they are burning people Posted Image

Also had the thought if it is possible to finish this questline before Constantines medical condition is dicovered. And I'm again really impressed by the writting for linking Assili with it.

My relationship with the Guard dropped back to suspicious after the coup ^^

#47 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:36 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 23 October 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

Also did the Bridge Questline last day. Now Theleme isn't looking like they are the worst. And they are burning people Posted Image

Also had the thought if it is possible to finish this questline before Constantines medical condition is dicovered. And I'm again really impressed by the writting for linking Assili with it.

My relationship with the Guard dropped back to suspicious after the coup ^^

Kurt should have another quest for you, and when you go to do it, you find out more about "Shadows of the Guard" , so there's a chance to get some rep back.

#48 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:21 PM

59 hours, and the story is certainly moving along now. I found the last notes (turned out I missed 2 on my way chasing Mev). The reward for the quest is... pretty meh.

I also fought another Meneimen, and man, those bastards are pretty tough.

I went of the balanced choice in the election, obviously. Also, Siora wanted to get intimate, so that happened, old-school Bioware style, lol.

I think we're heading to the finish line, but I still have one camp to map in the part of Cwenwar that continues to be inaccessible due to fallen debris. There's a few other bits like that in other maps, so I think I'll do a quick tour of the 4 faction leaders just to make sure I'm not missing any more side quests.

I also have 8 skill points banked and I dunno what to use them on, since my low-damage poisoned sword just works so bloody well.

#49 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:16 PM

I'm currently searching for Constantine again. Also did Sioras quest and now I'm friends with all companions.

The only two other quests left aside from the main quest are Shadows of the Guard and the Naut quest I got from the Admiral.

When revisiting areas I still often find parts of the map I haven't discovered yet, so I guess despite running out of quests I still have some reasons to ignore the main quest Posted Image

Also I used magic for the first time. Used some spare skill points to unlock the ring. Maybe I will start a playthrough with a new mage character afterwards

#50 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:23 AM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 27 October 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

I'm currently searching for Constantine again. Also did Sioras quest and now I'm friends with all companions.

The only two other quests left aside from the main quest are Shadows of the Guard and the Naut quest I got from the Admiral.

When revisiting areas I still often find parts of the map I haven't discovered yet, so I guess despite running out of quests I still have some reasons to ignore the main quest Posted Image

Also I used magic for the first time. Used some spare skill points to unlock the ring. Maybe I will start a playthrough with a new mage character afterwards

Yeah, I wanna do a mage run and get that"damage 500 enemies with magic" achievement eventually.

As I suspected, suuuper-busy weekend. Very little sleep, between attending the wedding and spending all my free time fixing up my flat. I'm hoping I might sneak in a few hours in the next few nights, but I might end up doing some renovations at home as well, since my mom seems to be getting into that type of mood.

I'm friends with everyone except the Congregation, funnily enough. They only think nice thoughts about me.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 28 October 2019 - 04:25 AM

#51 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:00 PM

Finally had a few more hours to play yest.
Found the last camp, so now I'm totally done de Courcillion's stuff. Basically only got the main quest now. Flying Guardians suck, they take for-fucking-ever to die and they take off a third of my HP if they get a single hit. I'm also burning through a ton of ammo, cuz my pistol is a 5-shot.

Anyway, now I got an alliance to put together. Since I'm friendly with everyone, I don't expect much difficulty.

#52 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:35 PM

I also didn't have much time to play last week. Finished the last companion quest for Siora yesterday. The Tenlans infront of the grave were the first tough fight in a while, but only do to their numbers. Used a lot of bombs there.

I will now try to do the last sidequests before going back to the mainquest

#53 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:15 AM

okay, 63 hours, and I'm done. I managed to get the really good ending. Not surprisingly, it's the most popular one.

That final fight is cool, but the camera got all wonky, making it more annoying than it should've been.

Looked up what the other achievements are, and a whole bunch of them involve

Spoiler
, so there's no way I'll be doing that.

I'll probably try to do another run once the game shows up on GOG. For now, though, I'm good.

#54 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:53 PM

The game is now available on GOG. Note to self: stop buying single-player Focus games on Steam, they show up on GOG like months later (the Surge 2 will probably be next).

Before the end of the holiday sale, I will probably end up re-buying it. It was a pretty damn amazing game, after all.

#55 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:42 PM

I still need to finish my playthrough ^^'

It got interrupted by Divinity: Original Sin 2

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users