• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Greed Fall

#21 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:27 PM

I also had some time to play again in the last days :)

- Managed to get all the companions
- Did a little bit of the main quest
- Finally visited San Mattheau
- Also killed two of the four bosses I found so far (the first I found kicked my ass and number three I ignored because I was finally following the main quest a bit and I haven't come back to the area since)

This post has been edited by - Coltaine - : 30 September 2019 - 08:27 PM

#22 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 October 2019 - 01:25 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 30 September 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

How many companions are there?

I’ve totally been putting off main game time for more FF12. Trying to motivate myself to get excited again but it ain’t happened yet.

5 I believe?

-naut
-coin guard
-Theleme
-bridge alliance
-siora for the Natives.

I haven't had a chance to play since Friday. Hopefull on Wed evening I can dive back into it.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#23 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 01 October 2019 - 07:13 AM

View PostMentalist, on 01 October 2019 - 01:25 AM, said:

I've totally been putting off main game time for more FF12. Trying to motivate myself to get excited again but it ain't happened yet.

5 I believe?

-naut
-coin guard
-Theleme
-bridge alliance
-siora for the Natives.

I haven't had a chance to play since Friday. Hopefull on Wed evening I can dive back into it.

Yes, five. You get Aphra (Bridge) and Petrus (Theleme) by following the main quest after New Serene. So I played without them for the first ten to fifteen hours Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:04 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 01 October 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 01 October 2019 - 01:25 AM, said:

I've totally been putting off main game time for more FF12. Trying to motivate myself to get excited again but it ain't happened yet.

5 I believe?

-naut
-coin guard
-Theleme
-bridge alliance
-siora for the Natives.

Yes, five. You get Aphra (Bridge) and Petrus (Theleme) by following the main quest after New Serene. So I played without them for the first ten to fifteen hours Posted Image

I haven't left Serene yet and I'm already thinking of Theleme as dogmatic zealots. They don't exactly make a good first impression

#25 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:36 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 01 October 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

Neither one of the two seemed good. Christian and Muslims at war.

Bridge aren't Muslim. They are a science-driven faction that's got very flexible ethical standards and makes bad decisions. But they ain't Muslim.

It's a Science v. Religion thing, not an East v. West thing.

#26 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:09 AM

Few more hours. I made it to the island, and met Siora. I spent like 20 minutes running around New Serene swiping everything from every glowing chest and barrel I could spot. climbing up to the battlements and seeing the bridge into the wilderness filled me with a childish glee- I never got over my love of climbing all over construction sites and rocky escarpments, so this newly constructed colony town is totally my jam.

The first time I fought the prologue boss i accidentally lured it into a bunch of crates where it kept clipping in and out of existance, while I could still hit it with impunity. When I went to replay it, it took me 4 tries to kill it.

Now that I'm starting to level up, I'm gonna focus on unlocking the combat roll. Currently I got a really handy 4-barrel pistol that should be good for breaking armor. We'll see how it handles in a real fight.

#27 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:22 AM

View PostMentalist, on 01 October 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

I haven't left Serene yet and I'm already thinking of Theleme as dogmatic zealots. They don't exactly make a good first impression

The second impression is even worse ^^

I totally forgot to test out that pistol. It is still in my chest

#28 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 October 2019 - 05:29 AM

That gun is awesome for breaking armor quick. I was able to kill a few Skull enemies while doing side quests in New Serene because of it.

Got to Siora's village and did some stuff there. 9 hours in, and I've explored less than half of my second zone. I do believe this'll take me a while, since I love to fill in ALL the maps.

I found a Skill Altar, too! This pretty much means I'ma be exploring everything, now that I know they exist.

I really need to unlock Science 2, so that i can start making my own bullets. I'm always short of bullets.

#29 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:01 PM

You've got a lot to do. I'm at 30 hours, and dicovered over 12 regions. I explored maybe half of them completly ^^

You can also get to Science 2 with some upgrades to your armor or by having Aphra in your group. You maybe have to do one or two of her quests first. I'm not completly sure how this works the case of the companions. I just realized at some point that brew better potions and build traps Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:49 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 04 October 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

You've got a lot to do. I'm at 30 hours, and dicovered over 12 regions. I explored maybe half of them completly ^^

You can also get to Science 2 with some upgrades to your armor or by having Aphra in your group. You maybe have to do one or two of her quests first. I'm not completly sure how this works the case of the companions. I just realized at some point that brew better potions and build traps Posted Image

Having good relationship means they give you a skill bonus. I'll probably try to get to Science 2 myself since I'm playing Tech, so that's kinda my main Talent tree. Then Aphra would just be a nice bonus (Science 3 doesn't unlock anythign extra, just makes you more efficient, I think)

I'm not sure what I should be speccing into skill-wise. I got the basic pistol and one-handed skills. I feel like both 2-handed weapons AND rifles (the next step of Melee and guns trees) would just make me slower. Might try to boost my traps. I finally remembered my Bound By Flame training and started using those again. Poison is great against groups of humans, while Elemental damage hurts animals a ton.

#31 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 04 October 2019 - 03:36 PM

The trap tree is really good, as you later can unlock the ability to throw granates. It makes traps basically irrelevant, but fights against groups so much easier. The more heavily armoured animals are also weak against magic granates/traps

#32 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 05 October 2019 - 08:32 AM

Hmm, I can also learn a spell from the trap tree. HMMMM

14 hours in. Level 10 now (though with 4 bonus skills from altars). Came back to New Serene to get assistance with a diplomatic side-quest. I also spotted a big-ass monster over in the Shore of Tall Bones, but the Prof's notes said I need to use a poisoned blade. So I'll come back there once I unlock that skill. Meanwhile, looks like both Kurt and Vasco have some quests for me.... I can use the EXP, I need to level up to 13 to unlock the Crafting Talent.

Oh, and I found some Legendary gear in Red Woods (Siora's home territory), so that's pretty cool, too. Think I'm gonna try going to Hikmet soon-ish, as there's some side questing to do there now.

#33 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:43 AM

19 and a half hours. Level 14. I'm officially friends with the natives, and Vasco after doing 2 of his personal missions. The latter gives me an intuition bonus, which is nice. Getting good rep with natives was pretty easy, 2 easy quests were enough to get that done. I dropped some rep with Bridge and the Guard doing Kurt's quest, though, because I had to do a bunch of intimidating.

I've been to Hikmet, but not getting a lot out of that. I need to trigger the mission to find the missing expedition, I guess- I was already in that area, and I previously saw the demo of what's supposed to happen before finding Aphra. Maybe I should visit the governor again?

I unlocked Shadow Burst and poison-coated blade skills. I guess all that's left is working on the bomb tree now.

#34 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:40 PM

There are really tons of quests that result in positive rep with the natives. On the other hand I until now I never managed to improve my relationship with Theleme and the Bridge Alliance high enough to be no longer suspicious to them. I also didn't find much quests in Hikmet as well and haven't been back there for a while.

You have to visit the governor of Theleme as well and visit Constantine again. Then you get to two followup quests, including searching for the expedition. :)

Also I found yesterday a chest with a complete set of legendary armour at the banks of an river in the area to the west of New Serene. The one on the way to San Matheau ^^

#35 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:26 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 07 October 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

There are really tons of quests that result in positive rep with the natives. On the other hand I until now I never managed to improve my relationship with Theleme and the Bridge Alliance high enough to be no longer suspicious to them. I also didn't find much quests in Hikmet as well and haven't been back there for a while.

You have to visit the governor of Theleme as well and visit Constantine again. Then you get to two followup quests, including searching for the expedition. :)

Also I found yesterday a chest with a complete set of legendary armour at the banks of an river in the area to the west of New Serene. The one on the way to San Matheau ^^

ooh I'm going there next, I think, since I've pretty much exhausted my options in the east section-except the mine (though I do have one other area north of Siora's village and the woodcutter's glade... hmm)

Edit: yeah, I explored 2 more extra areas in total. And did Vasco's 3rd quest. You'd think I'd be getting some Naut respect points by now. The Guardian sucks. I didn't find enough notes to actually identify its weak points (only found the one note that said magic didn't do much); so I ended up dancing around it, chucking poison bombs, since my pistol or explosives both weren't doing any significant armour damage to that shell.

Theleme indeed fails to leave a good mark. This makes Petrus a potentially interesting character since he's gonna be going against the extremists along his own people a lot. But I don't like where that plot line might be heading

EDIT2: messed around the old areas a bit. up to level 18, one more and I'll unlock Agility 3 and that gives me access to a nice Legendary sword I found in a chest. wrapped up all job board tasks across 3 zones, heading back to New Serene; guess it's time to move the plot a bit- 25 hours in, feels like I might be a bit over-levelleld for this. Naturally, now that i killed the beach guardian I stmble onto a second note about him- indicating he's weak to poison. Gee, thanks.
Also, since I can now craft myself a lock pouch, I finally gave Kurt his vest back. Gonna try to max that out soon.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 09 October 2019 - 04:13 AM

#36 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:37 AM

All righty, I did the Arena in one sitting and then started working on the main quests some more. The Arena took up a ton of ammo and various explosives. I really like Spiders' decision to have random boxes of ammo and crafting loot spawn in around the city periodically. It's very helpful and takes the survival-lite aspects of resource management out of the crafting system- which is good, because those bits tend to make things boring, imho.

Met Aphra now. Once I lock her in as a party member, then I'll get back to Kurt's quest line, and it looks like Petrus got a task for me as well.

EDIT1: Following Aphra's/Bridge questline got me to finally see the cutscene that was the basis of the reveal trailer for the game. Prettly dang cool. Now I'm off to do Aphra's quest, then probably Kurt's, and then do some more dungeon-crawling through mines.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 11 October 2019 - 02:52 PM

#37 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:56 PM

The respawning crates and regrowing plants are really necessary now that I'm throwing granates at everything ^^

The mine questline also advanves the story a lot

Couldn't find the time to play Greedfall this week. Hopefully this evening again

#38 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

I've been doing my companions' quests (especially Aphra's) and only did the mines yesterday. I'm level 24, and I just got the achievement for unlocking everything in the Tech tree. I switched my pistol to a 3-shot, beacuase it does more damage, and the reload's still pretty quick.

Unfortunately, I love my poison sword too much, and I'm unwilling to try anythign else, so all my Unique gear ends up going to my companions.

36 hours in, and now I'm delaying moving the Theleme main quest along.

EDIT: 38 hours. Took a delay to level up for another Talent point (picked up Lockpicking- with 2 points + an armour bonus, I am now unstoppable. Gonna work on Vigor next), and got stuck into the "Origin of Theleme" quest line. Boy, does THAT go places!

I'm not really getting Petrus' angle in all this, but there's some earth-shaking stuff that could happen there. Theleme aren't particularly nuanced, but they're managing to make this interesting nonetheless.

EDIT2: Wow, things DO escalate quickly after the Prince's Secret.

I'm still lagging behind in my main quest- I haven't done Petrus' "investigate village cult" thing. And now he's got another personal quest for me. Looks like I'm going back to the Arena....

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 16 October 2019 - 05:18 AM

#39 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:48 PM

Finally managed to play again. Actually played today through the Origins of Theleme questline. Not as surprising as everything that happens after the Prince's secrets but still really well written and enjoyable. I guess I will later google what the other outcomes would have been.

In the case of Petrus I now can only assume that he is probably the least-religious of all the people from Theleme you meet. I guess he sees these new developments mostly as a chance for him to advance

Did you finish the second quest of Kurt before finishing the Prince's Secret?

By the way, you overtook me in terms of hours played. I'm only at 37 Posted Image

And I realised that I missed the second part of the Hikmet questline, as I never returned back to the governor to tell him that I solved the problem with the caravans Posted Image

#40 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:17 AM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 16 October 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

Finally managed to play again. Actually played today through the Origins of Theleme questline. Not as surprising as everything that happens after the Prince's secrets but still really well written and enjoyable. I guess I will later google what the other outcomes would have been.

In the case of Petrus I now can only assume that he is probably the least-religious of all the people from Theleme you meet. I guess he sees these new developments mostly as a chance for him to advance

Did you finish the second quest of Kurt before finishing the Prince's Secret?

By the way, you overtook me in terms of hours played. I'm only at 37 Posted Image

And I realised that I missed the second part of the Hikmet questline, as I never returned back to the governor to tell him that I solved the problem with the caravans Posted Image

yeah, I cleared the Ghost Regiment camp long before finishing the Princes' secret.

I was able to squirrell away 1-2 hours/night over the week. Did lead me to going to bed at 1 AM a few times, which is somehting I'm trying t o cut back on.

Probably won't get to play again until Fri, and the weekend's lining up to be busy, so you may catch me again. I'm at 41 hours right now

I need to go back to Hikmet. Haven't been there since I did the Mev quest, and the governor didn't have any lines for me after that. Gonna do Petrus' second quest first though, and then maybe explore that new area that opened up on my map next to Mev's camp.
I also feel I should probably visit Siora's sister, since Siora is the only other companion I'm only"nice" with. And I could use that Vigor boost

Oh, did you find the unique armour set in the "Origins of Theleme"? it's pretty cool.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 17 October 2019 - 03:21 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users