• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 149.5 Pete & Motatoes Game Thread

#581 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:47 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 22 August 2019 - 12:35 AM, said:

Sure, if you are that confident I am scum. But don't you find it odd that I accept getting lynched on day 3 and don't actively stick around to find out? And do you really think me clever enough (with all my fuckups) to orchestrate revealing as a potato not a tomato? Sure, I am scummy in appearance, but the cost of lynching me is loss of the only remaining roled town. If you hit scum with someone else, I could stop the remaining scum and we could come out on top.

I know that 2 of you will give no credence to my words, which makes it that much harder. But at least give Ven lead of the thread as the only truly agreed upon townie here. And Ven believes me.

I think it goes without saying that this is currently a Ven waiting room, at least for me. There are 4 town left, we need 4 for a lynch, and Ven is VPI. The implications there are obvious enough. Especially given that Gam has already committed to his vote and left for the night.

The rest of your post is mostly an appeal to "so bad I'm good". I think you're good at the game rather than bad at it. But we've discussed this at length so yeah, waiting to for Ven really.

#582 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:52 AM

What time zone do you think ven is in? Hopefully he isn’t asleep.

#583 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:53 AM

I'm gonna be gone for a bit, I hope Ven returns soon.

#584 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:01 AM

We were talking yesterday at this kind of time, so hopefully he has time to check in.

#585 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:24 AM

I'm back.

#586 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:32 AM

Well hopefully we can button this up then.

#587 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:24 AM

I’m not sure how much longer I can stay up.

What are your thoughts Ven?

#588 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:26 AM

I wanted to post what I was going to originally while waiting for Gamelon to respond but never got around to it. FYI if we can't agree and don't lynch we still get another game day and another CF.

At the point in time I wrote this a few hours ago, top scum is Gamelon ...and I thought maybe Gait, it's been impossible to make a case on him. Brilliant motherfuckers if so.

Rikkter was absent for so long that I assumed town. If he was scum the game is stupid and obviously we aren't lynching the dude who escapes day 1 and then disappears. Kilava I have pushed on pretty hard and he pushed back after all that arguing all game.

The reveal is really frustrating me, it fucked up a lot. I don't see how it benefited town at the end of the day. I hate that a lot hinges on whether this is true or not.

Gamelon and Gait I have been chatting back and forth with. They make posts that seem really good at the time. In hindsight they don't hold up as much, but it's very convincing in the moment. I suspected Gamelon first but I don't mind going back and forth with chatty scum, they can't stop now and eventually they slip. Gait has drawn no heat and, as the thread agrees, has played the best all game. He's been giving a lot of rundowns. Once that was established several people (including myself) went back and couldn't find much that was incriminating.

Anyway, my point goes mostly towards Gamelon, but

View PostGamelon, on 20 August 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

It's either vote for gait if he's about to get modkilled or we could vote no lynch I guess - How much time until he's modkilled? Path-Shaper can you confirm?

“Please don’t lynch my partner before they even turn up!”

Heh, can’t help but read it that way :p

Everyone here or mentioned here is still alive. What the hell is this quote from Gamelon?

View PostGamelon, on 20 August 2019 - 11:58 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 19 August 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

It sounds like I am the prime lynch candidate today, which is fine. I just want you all to look back at my case more closely after you finish deflating from the latest boner.

I mainly want to remind you all that good scum, which is a safe bet with this crowd, often looks exactly like town. They are the feel good contributors that stroke your ego, gently lead, and seem very thoughtful and perceptive. They are perceptive because they hold almost all the cards and they are townish because that is their primary objective. The scummiest are awkward townies or roled townies typically.

I look at the best "town" and I see Venessara and Barghast. I am pretty confident Barg will be scum, especially after watching his/her interactions including self deprecation and stroking of egos. I will respond more precisely to comments in the thread later if I have time and access to a desktop, but I can assure you looking for obvious signs of scum will be your downfall this game.

This is where, with two votes, Shelly’s dire hinting at a role begins. The description they put here fits Gait most of all on a reread, not the two mentioned (though I guess it’s somewhat subjective).

So far I have found nothing on Gait which I would class as incriminating, other than voicing some agreement with my Prazec suspicion towards the end of GL’s lynch, which might be read as laying early groundwork for the next day’s lynch (were it not for PG’s reveal). They’ve played a very good game, whether they’re town or scum.

Why even bring up Gait here? The rest of the post just praises Gait anyway.

View PostGamelon, on 21 August 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 20 August 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

Try to suss out my reasoning all you like. When threatened with a very real chance of being lynched, I capitulated throwing out a hint of being roled to see if that would alter the course. When it didn't, I decided to let it be and make sure I defended my case to the end so that my most likely scum candidate would be taken seriously (I always have trouble convincing people not to ignore the "good townies" as possible scum). In the end, I revealed fully, even though I was more secure, because I saw a very real opportunity to coordinate with PG to cinch the game. I thought with one scum down, I would at least know who I guarded and if that failed I would know the identity of another fellow townie. I figured if scum were blocked, either the heal worked or I succeeded in guarding and we could work backwards from there, cock blocking scum each step of the way.

This all fell apart when I was dead wrong about Barg (who I was convinced was a stellar "townie" scum). That was my fuckup and I own it.

Regardless, you have Ven as known town. You can quibble over me all you like, but you do have 2 scum in the game still, so I would suggest we go after someone who is not possibly roled (and can save a neck tonight if we nail scum in a lynch). I don't care what you think of me. But at least approach this logically as D-Day.

I got to say, I quite like this. This is a pretty strong counter-argument to Gait’s own strong accusation. Although...it does rely on us believing that you were utterly convinced that Barghast was scum. And I don’t really recall you doing all you could to push that - after voting for Barg you kind of disappeared till your revea, except to say you weren’t switching votes.

Now distancing? This doesn't go anywhere except to further link Gamelon and Shel. Except, In a previous post Gamelon said "I don’t really understand what Sheltatha is saying about telling us what they are before they die. If it is a role reveal then they should totally be lynched to confirm, because no way there are two town roles in this game. If it turns out they’re telling the truth then Prazec is next". Yeah, I dunno.

View PostKilava, on 20 August 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 20 August 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 20 August 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 20 August 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

Well, at least if Gait and Shel are partners they are really putting in the hours to distance from each other :p

For the record, I am not discounting Shel at all (or Rikkter for that matter), and I’m now going to start a reread. The reason why I didn’t like a Shel lynch yesterday is because it seemed the exact same situation as Galayn Lord’s lynch - a low poster being chosen because they were low-hanging fruit. But Shel’s really...come out of their shell today.

NGL this hindsight argument is very easy to make after the fact since Shel's reveal. You seem to have trouble getting the arguments down, and all you can say is 'this person seems like scum'. Well, that doesn't cut it, and it seems really suspicious IMO.

Heh, speak of the devil. I’m not getting any conclusive arguments down so far, and I’ve been upfront about that. I am about a third of the way through the thread and so far you’re not looking amazing out of the four suspects.

Right, no conclusive arguments, why am I not surprised. You seem to have very developed opinions about people, but you can't say anything conclusive? As I said, you're a comedian. ;)

Kilava's argument here is good, and Gamelon's reply doesn't fit with what he said originally and I don't think he was "a low poster being chosen because they were low-hanging fruit", either.

So anyway, Gamelon is first, I guess? I am surprised at how much of this points to Gait without his involvement. Today lines have been drawn and Gait is at the top of one side and Gamelon's at the top of the other, and at first it was a Kilava/Shel split with no Rikkter and The VPI Guy.

--
OK, I'm just gonna stop here because time.

#589 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:27 AM

Everyone wants to tell me to hurry the fuck up but doesn't want to piss off the VPI. TYPICAL.

#590 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:33 AM

So where does that leave us? Seems like most people favor a Gamelon vote but are split about the Shel reveal.

Rikkter what puts you off about Gam so much? By that I mean why does he not look scummy? He's not even in your top 3.

#591 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:37 AM

View PostVenesara, on 22 August 2019 - 02:27 AM, said:

Everyone wants to tell me to hurry the fuck up but doesn't want to piss off the VPI. TYPICAL.

Nope, no one can break the stalemate without you. Gait and Rikkter are dead set on me. Gamelon is on my side it seems and as much as you didn't like my reveal, you seem to be willing to grant me a stay. Kilava is just fencing it with Gamelon, though I think he also is happy to lynch me.

I still think, as horrible as it may feel, that I need to be assumed to be a guard. You lynch me and I am scum, sure you have nailed one of 2 scum. You lynch me and I am guard, and not only have you lost the game but also lynched the one person who could protect town once a scum is down. It may seem like a deal with the devil, but if you are willing to go with your gut that I am guard, you have a 50:50 shot of hitting scum among the last 4 candidates.

I do have my provisional in, so if left alone and we hit scum, I could stop the NK tonight.

#592 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:40 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 22 August 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

View PostVenesara, on 22 August 2019 - 02:27 AM, said:

Nope, no one can break the stalemate without you. Gait and Rikkter are dead set on me. Gamelon is on my side it seems and as much as you didn't like my reveal, you seem to be willing to grant me a stay. Kilava is just fencing it with Gamelon, though I think he also is happy to lynch me.

I still think, as horrible as it may feel, that I need to be assumed to be a guard. You lynch me and I am scum, sure you have nailed one of 2 scum. You lynch me and I am guard, and not only have you lost the game but also lynched the one person who could protect town once a scum is down. It may seem like a deal with the devil, but if you are willing to go with your gut that I am guard, you have a 50:50 shot of hitting scum among the last 4 candidates.

I do have my provisional in, so if left alone and we hit scum, I could stop the NK tonight.

If your goal was to draw my vote.... I think it's working.

#593 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:43 AM

I assume "drawing my vote" is not in my favor.

I seem to recall you asking why I didn't fight for myself.

#594 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:48 AM

Well, I'm having trouble thinking here, because you basically just said it doesn't matter if you're scum. Well, "hypothetically," right? Why would you say this?

Also your whole argument depends on you being right about BOTH scum. Everyone else has a prime and a next-in-line, basically, we're looking for the LCD. So how are you so certain you know both targets? And if you do, why does it matter which one we vote for?

#595 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:55 AM

I talk about "if I am scum" to try and counter Gait's stance. That is why I word it that way.

As for needing to know both scum, yes, that is why it isn't a definite chance. Even I have a list of who I most think is scum, but don't have any definites (lost some confidence with the Barghast failure). I have done provisionals such that if we lynch one of the two most likely on my list, the other will be guarded, but still, that is just hopeful. I will be dead by NK if I fail anyways. I am dead, but I would prefer to have a shot at successfully guarding before I die.

#596 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:56 AM

I am not feeling good tonight so thinking it through is a bit hard. Gait just seems scummier because he just comes off too town as you’ve said. I see his vote on Shelly as distancing so he can get PID.

#597 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:00 AM

View PostRikkter, on 22 August 2019 - 02:56 AM, said:

I am not feeling good tonight so thinking it through is a bit hard. Gait just seems scummier because he just comes off too town as you've said. I see his vote on Shelly as distancing so he can get PID.

Then why did you vote for me?

#598 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:04 AM

You lynch me and I am guard, and not only have you lost the game but also lynched the one person who could protect town once a scum is down.

What do you even mean "not only have you lost the game" as if the other stuff matters at that point? If we've lost the game then that's like, full stop.

#599 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:05 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 22 August 2019 - 03:00 AM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 22 August 2019 - 02:56 AM, said:

I am not feeling good tonight so thinking it through is a bit hard. Gait just seems scummier because he just comes off too town as you've said. I see his vote on Shelly as distancing so he can get PID.

Then why did you vote for me?

Because I think you are most likely scum. After you probably Gait,

#600 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:06 AM

View PostGait, on 22 August 2019 - 03:04 AM, said:

You lynch me and I am guard, and not only have you lost the game but also lynched the one person who could protect town once a scum is down.

What do you even mean "not only have you lost the game" as if the other stuff matters at that point? If we've lost the game then that's like, full stop.

I was literally about to post, Where's Gait and Kilava?

Also, I am dying laughing.

Share this topic:

• 34 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users