• You cannot reply to this topic

What is Political Correctness

#21 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 September 2019 - 11:21 PM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 21 September 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 21 September 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

So does this change anything? I never knew Jordan Peterson suffered from depression, nor his wife's issues.
Then again I didn't go searching very hard, nor did I follow him as a subject much besides occasional articles or news stories on TV.

https://www.news.com...525cab3d04c6c78

I know it's sort of tangential but I thought it may be a bit relevant to the topic, being as he has been a prominent figure in this area recently.

As an individual, i sympathise. Addiction is not an easy thing to manage. Nor dealing with the potential impending death of your SO.

But let's be real, this guy is a grade A asshat. A good friend of mine did a whole video about debunking his thought on the road to wiggin pier. (spoiler he didnt even read the book he said he did.) This guy's claim to fame was refusing to address someone in the way they wanted him to. Im not so callous as to say he had it coming or you reap what you sow, but hes done quite a few bad things and hasn't exactly left things better off then before he came to popularity.

video for those curious:
https://www.youtube....h?v=HH9ilDHUWX4

If he's actually following his daughter's idiotic 'carnivore diet' he may have made it much worse... it's clonazapem, a commonly prescribed drug, weaning a person off it shouldn't be too difficult if done responsibly with a (medical) doctor's supervision. (I know many people who have taken it on a daily basis and weaned themselves off of it without too much of an issue.)

'Jordan Peterson Says Meat Cured His Depression. Now His Daughter Is Charging People To Chat About The "Carnivore Diet."'

Details:

'[Peterson]: "I eat beef and salt and water. That's it. And I never cheat. Ever. Not even a little bit."

"No soda, no wine?"

"I drink club soda."

"Well, that's still water."

"Well, when you're down to that level, no, it's not, Joe. There's club soda, which is really bubbly. There's Perrier, which is sort of bubbly. There's flat water, and there's hot water. Those distinctions start to become important."'

https://www.theatlan...cleanse/567613/

(The issue isn't that it's bizarre. It's not even that it goes against extensive and rigorous dietary research... it would be wonderful if it were true. Researchers would love to publish on it, and Peterson could probably get conduct studies himself. Peterson's apparent lack of interest in conducting serious research on it is damning.)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 21 September 2019 - 11:31 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users