Malazan Empire: Ryllandaras and Li Heng? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1

Ryllandaras and Li Heng?

#1 User is offline   gandrin 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Deciphering truth and escaping into fantasy

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:15 PM

I was wasting time at work today reading the wiki https://malazan.fand...iki/Ryllandaras , and realized there seems to be a disconnect.

From that page: "One of the D'ivers forms of Ryllandaras (the man-jackal) was imprisoned by the Emperor and Dancer in Li Heng under the City Temple during the Malazan Empire's expansion. In that battle, Treach knocked Ryllandaras into a chasm before Kellanved drove Treach off. The man-jackal form of Ryllandaras was imprisoned inside the warded chasm by Emperor Kellanved, Dancer, and Tayschrenn. The wards included doors of cooper, silver, and iron as well as a chain mechanism with iron links as thick as a person's forearm. The links were jammed in place by The Protectress' own blades.[20][21]"

Those citations go to RotCG. I don't remember that at all (8 years since I read it). But that history (if accurate) is nothing like what we saw. I certainly don't remember anything about Treach. And the Protectress is gone now (though maybe not her "blades"). Maybe that's coming next? But it seems like that would have happened during that "battle" and not later.

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:59 AM

The history was wrong, or that has yet to happen. The Protectress fled, so she's alive, and the expansion was ongoing, so this could still happen.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:16 PM

Abyss, on 18 June 2019 - 12:59 AM, said:

The history was wrong, or that has yet to happen. The Protectress fled, so she's alive, and the expansion was ongoing, so this could still happen.

Interesting point of order - any chance we've seen the Protectress in the main series somewhere? Could she have been one of the Liosan in the last couple of books?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:56 PM

Not that I can think of, but anything's possible.

... Loric's mother....
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:21 AM

Abyss, on 18 June 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

Not that I can think of, but anything's possible.

... Loric's mother....

Could she be Renarr?

#6 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

I like the idea that she might be L'Oric's mother. Though isn't L'Oric always described as Liosan half-breed? If Osserc is her father, then Shalmanat couldn't be his mother, otherwise he'd be full-blooded Liosan. We never really did find out who Osserc boned, did we? I mean, it could just as easily be Envy or Spite I guess... Though they're both technically Tiste too...

I had forgotten that we know the Protectress' name is Shalmanat... As Abyss said, ain't no Shalmanats in the last few Malazan books that I can remember now that I think about it.

I don't hate the idea of her being Renarr... But did Renarr become Liosan? I seem to remember her not having chosen yet?

This post has been edited by Blend: 20 June 2019 - 03:23 PM

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users