Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Barry on HBO

#1 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:21 PM

I just recently became aware of the show, and watched both seasons in one go. It straight away became my favorite tv show in recent memory. I absolutely love the combination of dark drama aspects and dry comedy. I laugh even more on rewatch, because I start to notice little details in the scenes and in the performances that otherwise went by me because of the intensity and the cinematic feel. Absolutely adore everything about it.

Have anyone else here seen it, and what did you think, and if you haven't go watch it NOW. I'll wait. :lol:

This post has been edited by Gem Windcaster: 06 June 2019 - 04:43 AM

_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#2 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:04 PM

Yeah, it’s awesome.

NoHo Hank is one of my favorite tv characters in recent memory. Bill Hader is awesome as always. And Henry Winkler is absolutely perfect for his character.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#3 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:45 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 04 June 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

Yeah, it’s awesome.

NoHo Hank is one of my favorite tv characters in recent memory. Bill Hader is awesome as always. And Henry Winkler is absolutely perfect for his character.

Yeah, NoHo Hank was supposed to be killed off in the pilot, but they liked his Character so much, they let him live, great decision for sure. I've seen interviews with Bill where he describes how the actor of Hank keeps cracking him up on set, because he's so funny. :lol:
I'm absolutely gob smacked by Bill's acting too - especially that scene in the car with the Marine - the whole episode. So awesome.

I've also seen comments from vets that have said that the depiction of ptsd and depression is VERY accurate in the show, and that it hit them on a very personal level seeing certain scenes.

This post has been edited by Gem Windcaster: 05 June 2019 - 05:46 AM

_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users