• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Total War: Three Kingdoms

#41 User is offline   Cause 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

I am free!

China has been united. It exists in perfect harmony under heaven. Every Commandery, county, character and army is under my command! I have conquered it all. I quite regularly conquer 80% of the map but I think this is the first time I took it all. I make over 200k gold a turn! Just needed to get corruption under control and I started shitting more gold than Tywin Lannister.

My best play: I traded a large chunk of territory and money to make the last enemy faction lead by a leader with the 'Na´ve' trait my vassal. Since he is Na´ve he doesn't consider your treachery and power negative bonuses to diplomacy so he agreed. Once he become my vassal I just annexed his faction.

Best Battle: One full stack (Led by guan Yu, god of war), an understrength garrison defended a farmland against three full stacks! I killed 4000 of 45000 men and killed 5 out of 9 enemy generals. Guan Yu was a beast who killed any enemy general in seconds and my elite archers just raped the enemy formations in the chokepoints but I ould have lost if not for an aggressive sally by my cavalry to hit the choke points in the rear and to kill the enemy archers.

It was a good game, the one more turn dopamine addiction was strong in this game. I think Total Warhammer remains the super game. Also I'm not sure I should be excited or worried but the Total War series is in full swing. We have Total Warhammer 2, its expansions, Total War Sagas, Three kingdoms and the upcoming Total Warhammer 3 coming soon. That's a lot of war.

In the end I think the game suffers from loss of features of past Total Warhammer games, a weak unit roster, and some opaque design choices. I know my second game would be a lot smoother now I know how things work but not sure Ill ever be interested enough to play one.

The game benefitted from improved diplomacy but the diplomacy needs a patch for two reasons. Vassals cant be subverted, tricked, bargained or bullied while your at war with their vassal master. Also when an ally or someone you have a trade deal attacks your vassals you get the choice to defend or abandon them. If you choose to defend them you decalte war on their attackers and receive a treachery bonus for declaring war on an ally. This is a mistake I think, They attacked your vassal first, they betrayed me. Still defending my vasssals raised my treachery through the roof which I realized was the reason I couldn't make trade deals with some minor neutral factions

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users