Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Illuminati Trilogy

#1 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:57 PM

I saw this going cheap in a shop in Cardiff and I was wondering if it was worth getting? £9.99 for the Trilogy.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#2 User is offline   Tenaka Khan 

• High Fist

Posted 30 September 2005 - 02:10 PM

My bro just read Angels&Demons and said that it was a decent enough read. Suspense, action and a drop of religion, sounds fun. But i wouldn't expect anything extraordinary, rather a filler till BH finally ships....

#3 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 30 September 2005 - 02:41 PM

Tiste, do you mean the Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Shea?

#4 User is offline   Cluracan AbSylvas 

• Lieutenant

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:22 PM

@TS

If you are referring to the Illuminatus Trilogy then I say, "Go get it and enjoy!" Mind you that's assuming you like a frenetic pace and disjunctive narration... The books have an almost anarchistic writing style and play with nearly every pre-1980 conspiracy theory. I really enjoyed these books.

If you're referring to "Angels and Demons" and "The DaVinci Code" I say don't bother... go read Holy Blood Holy Grail instead.

-- Clu

#5 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:56 PM

All you need to know about the Illuminatus trilogy is here: http://www.rinkworks.com/bookaminute/b/she...luminatus.shtml
:D
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#6 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:52 PM

I read this back in the late 80s when I was a student and going through my experimental drug phase. (Nowadays, of course, I know which drugs I like and I stick to them...), This is probably the best time in one's life to read this trilogy, because if you approach it in later life you see it for the monumentally self-indulgent, juvenile tosh that it is.

Enjoy.
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#7 User is offline   Clarkesworld Books 

• Sergeant

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:06 PM

The Illuminatus! Trilogy is a fun (perhaps a bit dated now) set of books that are quite unlike most other books I've read. If you like this one, you need to read Robert Anton Wilson's solo work, Schroedinger's Cat. The US edition was originally released in three paperbacks which was edited down into a single trade paperback later. It's missing a lot of stuff, but the story still hangs together pretty well.

-Neil

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users