• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tayschrenn... What in Hood's name has he been up to

#1 User is offline   MuskyTusk 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:59 PM

*Spoilers if you haven't finished MoI yet*

So Tayschrenn - Artanthos. One of the characters -- can't remember who -- had a thought to themselves about Tayschrenn, something alone the lines of him paying a great price to achieve his disguise, if I remember right. So that weird guy Artanthos that was always hanging around is actually Tayschrenn.
How did he appear as a different person? Was it just an illusion? Or did he actually soulshift for a disguise?
I'm gonna have to stop asking questions because I think everything is read and find out lol
"We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned, T'lan Imass. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance."

#2 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:12 PM

Don't think it is really ever specified, some sort of magical illusion or shimmer is most likely.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#3 User is offline   MuskyTusk 

• Recruit

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:58 PM

Oh ok, thanks. I thought there was more to it
"We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned, T'lan Imass. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance."

#4 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:22 AM

Well, there is kind of a bit more about it in Night of Knives...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#5 User is offline   RealGatekeeper1 

• Recruit

Posted 08 May 2023 - 05:29 AM

No.

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 May 2023 - 05:28 PM

O'rly?

#7 User is offline   sigpig 

• Recruit

Posted 16 July 2023 - 07:16 PM

View PostMuskyTusk, on 26 April 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

*Spoilers if you haven't finished MoI yet*

So Tayschrenn - Artanthos. One of the characters -- can't remember who -- had a thought to themselves about Tayschrenn, something alone the lines of him paying a great price to achieve his disguise, if I remember right. So that weird guy Artanthos that was always hanging around is actually Tayschrenn.
How did he appear as a different person? Was it just an illusion? Or did he actually soulshift for a disguise?
I'm gonna have to stop asking questions because I think everything is read and find out lol

One of his Warrens (at that time) was Mokra, so I assume a minor illusion spell.Odds are Dujek and WJ knew all along.

I think the "paying a great deal" part is him being with the Host and not back at Unta dealing with all of Mallick's machinations.It wasn't much later that the events of Tavore vs The Claw at Malaz happened, and then RoTCG occurred.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users