Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rhythm of War(tentative title of SLA 4)

#1 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:41 AM

The title says it all for now. His update today has it as current title. Will update thread as info comes.

I sincerely hope that I donít feel any need to give bk 4 a permanent different title unlike another book in this series.

I am rather curious to see the difference in POV for the majority of this book though and how much change it can possibly bring.

This is still a hell of a long way away though. He said if he finished by Jan we can probably get by Xmas 2020 but I have high doubts about that. I say 2021 easy.

This post has been edited by Briar King: 17 April 2019 - 02:01 AM

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:42 AM

Briar King, on 17 April 2019 - 01:41 AM, said:

... He said if he finished by Jan we can probably get by Xmas 2020 but I have high doubts about that. I say 2021 easy.

Brandon wrote an entire YA trilogy, two novellas, and the next Mistborn book in the time it took you to post that.
CHASE: Paw Patrol is ready for action Mr Pust sir!
PUST: *pauses ranting* What does that mean?
ZUMA: It means let's dive in, dude!
PUST: What? What is a dude? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?????
-The Malazan Book of the Paw Patrol

#3 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:56 AM

He does write fast yes. Says he is thinking itís 400K(I have no idea how big that is or how many 1-3 were)and is at around 15K currently.

#4 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:47 PM

Briar King, on 17 April 2019 - 02:56 AM, said:

He does write fast yes. Says he is thinking it’s 400K(I have no idea how big that is or how many 1-3 were)and is at around 15K currently.

TWoK - 384,000
WoR - 398,000
OB - 454,000

400,000 sounds like perfect length for one of these books

This post has been edited by End of Disc One: 17 April 2019 - 01:48 PM

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Cap
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Being Awesome

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

I sincerely hope that I donít feel any need to give bk 4 a permanent different title unlike another book in this series.

The series is reportedly 3 three-book "parts" or "arcs" split up, and one final 10th cap-off book. So THE WAY OF KINGS to OATHBRINGER completes that first arc, and the next volume will be book 1 of the second arc. So HOPEFULLY it will be less of a snore since we will be entering into a new portion of the series?
ďJudge them for what they wished to be,Ē he begged the Father of Gods, ďnot what the world made of them.Ē
― Nicholas Eames, Kings of the Wyld

#6 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:38 PM

QuickTidal, on 17 April 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

The series is reportedly 3 three-book "parts" or "arcs" split up, and one final 10th cap-off book. So THE WAY OF KINGS to OATHBRINGER completes that first arc, and the next volume will be book 1 of the second arc. So HOPEFULLY it will be less of a snore since we will be entering into a new portion of the series?

Maybe I missed something recently, but I'm pretty sure it's two 5-book arcs with a time gap in between them.

#7 User is offline   John II 

• The Black King
  • Interests:Ruling with an iron fist, showing no mercy, evil plans to take over the world, and other fun stuff.

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:35 AM

End of Disc One, on 17 April 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

QuickTidal, on 17 April 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

I sincerely hope that I don't feel any need to give bk 4 a permanent different title unlike another book in this series.

Maybe I missed something recently, but I'm pretty sure it's two 5-book arcs with a time gap in between them.

Yep, it's two 5 book arcs. Where QuickTidal probably got confused is the fact that each book is designed as a trilogy. They are also written in five parts, which makes things confusing.
Also, are you implying that OB was a snorefest? How can you do such a thing? Easily the best of the series for me, especially Dalinar's arc.

#8 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:47 AM

QT actually really enjoyed it once it got going. Iím the one that thinks itís my least favorite read/book of my reading life beating out Republic of Thieves that had that honor up to then. I wonít even call it by itís title.

Part 5 was dope though. So was the early part of part 1.

#9 User is offline   John II 

• The Black King
  • Interests:Ruling with an iron fist, showing no mercy, evil plans to take over the world, and other fun stuff.

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:55 AM

Briar King, on 23 April 2019 - 03:47 AM, said:

QT actually really enjoyed it once it got going. I'm the one that thinks it's my least favorite read/book of my reading life beating out Republic of Thieves that had that honor up to then. I won't even call it by it's title.

Republic of Thieves was a little strained, I agree - the Locke/Sabetha dynamic didn't really sit well with me. The previous two were amazing though - especially Lies.

It's been a while since I read it, so can't exactly remember what happened in each part, but IIRC part 5 was the Battle of Thaylen Field? If so, dope isn't sufficient to describe it - try FREAKING AWESOME!!!11ONEONEONE. The way the developments of Kaladin and Dalinar throughout the book converge there is awesome. Not to mention Dalinar's total badassery, and the revelation of Cultivation's cleverness (she still isn't as sharp as Leras/Preservation, imo)

#10 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Cap
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Being Awesome

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:45 PM

Briar King, on 23 April 2019 - 03:47 AM, said:

QT actually really enjoyed it once it got going. Iím the one that thinks itís my least favorite read/book of my reading life beating out Republic of Thieves that had that honor up to then. I wonít even call it by itís title.

It was a LONG time getting there, but yes late in the book I began to really enjoy it. It's still the weakest of the series so far by a long stretch and I have higher hopes for the next one.
ďJudge them for what they wished to be,Ē he begged the Father of Gods, ďnot what the world made of them.Ē
― Nicholas Eames, Kings of the Wyld

#11 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

I'd probably say I prefer Oathbringer to TWoK just because it was more interesting to me. But I certainly hope that the next book is leaner without sacrificing content. Like the Szeth story in Oathbringer--a complete arc in part 4 that was quick and to the point. There are plenty of interesting characters in this series...I hope Brandon can give the main 3 characters a break and give some of the secondary characters these Szeth-like story arcs.

This post has been edited by End of Disc One: 23 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users