• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 2019 June 11-13

#181 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:44 PM

For a second there I thought we were getting a new Banjo Kazooie. I'd love a nuts and bolts 2.

#182 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:47 PM

Sequel to Breath of the Wild.

An I crazy or did that look like a temple with three dead tri force goddesses?

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 11 June 2019 - 04:48 PM

#183 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:49 PM

Not much to get excited about.

I want Mario maker 2 but that's not new

Contra looked terrible but the collection is cool

Link awakening cool

Sequel to breath of the wild, I don't excited for teasers of teaser but cool.

I was actually curious about duck hunter dammit.

#184 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:23 PM

Pretty shitty E3 through and through if you ask me. After mulling over it some more, I would even say Microsoft wasn't all that great. And it's between them and Ubisoft on who had the best of show. One thing is for sure, spring 2020 is going to be like the traditional autumn/Christmas release window as far as the number of buzz worthy games being released (everyone trying to have one last big seller before the new console generation lands Christmas 2020?)

As in past years (ex. VR, 4K & Battle Royale), this year's big buzz at E3 was video game streaming & subscription service.

With that said, I think everyone is saving up their reserves so they can produce their best money shots at next year's E3.

#185 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:47 PM

BotW 2! Posted Image

#186 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:08 PM

View PostSerenity, on 11 June 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

BotW 2! Posted Image

This was a given. They gave us a tease of a tease. I'd rather they just keep these things close to their chest u till they have something worth sharing

#187 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:45 PM

Ha, well I didn't know it was a given. I'm more than happy with them teasing like that. It's all part of the fun.

Just got around to watching the full Direct. So Witcher 3 on Switch is actually happening. I didn't believe it despite all the rumours.

September's going to be a busy month going by a lot of those release dates.

Shall check out some of the Treehouse stuff tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Serenity: 11 June 2019 - 10:45 PM

#188 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:36 AM

My preferences for the conferences, given my platform of choice:

1) Microsoft
2) PC Gaming Show
3) Kinda Funny Showcase (some cool games there)
4) Bethesda
5) Ubisoft
6) EA (yeah, the Star Wars gameplay + game informer snippets + the fact there's 3 EA originals in the works actually means there's something potentially cool coming from them)
7) Squeeenix (remasters and co-op games.... and no Babylon's Fall!)

Avengers I'm willing to give a chance once we see some gameplay, but given all the other stuff that's coming in early 2020, I'll most likely be maeesing around with some FPS RPG in a game that puts emphasis on my gameplay choices--and good luck trying to guess which one I could be talking about, cuz there's three of them announced with release date/window
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#189 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:27 AM

Forgot to put Devolver at nr. 1, Ment.

#190 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:59 AM

You’re crazy Ment. MS didn’t show anything! It was all cinematic trailers and ‘preorder now for exclusive content!’ even for games like Gears 5 which are coming out soon.

Square Enix might have had a lot of remasters/rereleases, but at least they showed what those games actually looked like.

Ubi for me, because of Watch Dogs Legion. Those who’ve had a chance to play it on the show floor have also had very positive things to say about it so far.

- Khell

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 12 June 2019 - 07:22 AM

#191 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:08 AM

Who ever is posting from their mafia alt - please leave a signature.

#192 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:10 AM

There's an 18 minute Bloodlines 2 demo

https://youtu.be/_oYJAnhvgNk

Gonna watch it later.

#193 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:58 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 12 June 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

You’re crazy Ment. MS didn’t show anything! It was all cinematic trailers and ‘preorder now for exclusive content!’ even for games like Gears 5 which are coming out soon.

Square Enix might have had a lot of remasters/rereleases, but at least they showed what those games actually looked like.

Ubi for me, because of Watch Dogs Legion. Those who’ve had a chance to play it on the show floor have also had very positive things to say about it so far.

- Khell

MS showed AoE II DE. That's one of my most anticipated games, and I now know it has 4 extra civs. And it's coming to Steam, AND I get a discount for owning the HD version.
-Gears remains boring, nothing changed. My opinion probably won't change until I can play the whole series on PC.
-I'll have no opinion on Halo until the MCC becomes playable on PC. Then who knows? I might care about Infinite
-Cyberpunk will have another gameplay chunk to show off in August after Gamescom. I trust CDPRED.
-likewise with FromSoft- more info will be coming, and Elden Ring looks like some interesting concepts.

Squeenix showed me FF7 that has no PC release date. I'm not a hardcore FF fan, so I'm not gonna get hyped over a game that may get caught up in Sony's temp exclusivity BS deals. Avengers is something I'm wary of, because it's a GAAS and I distrust those on principle.

What other gameplay was I supposed to see? I saw a bunch of trailers, but the ones with the most gameplay (Okinaki, Octopath, DQ11 and DQ builders 2) weren't actually new-especially Okinawa that I've seen 3 more detailed trailers in the past 2 months, cuz Squeenix keeps sending me links to them via their newsletter.

@ Apt: Devolver transcends these puny "conferences" and the glory of Nina Struthers would be greatly diminished were she to be compared with the rest of them. It goes without saying that Devolver wins.

#194 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:14 PM

View PostMentalist, on 12 June 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

-Gears remains boring, nothing changed. My opinion probably won't change until I can play the whole series on PC.
-I'll have no opinion on Halo until the MCC becomes playable on PC. Then who knows? I might care about Infinite
-Cyberpunk will have another gameplay chunk to show off in August after Gamescom. I trust CDPRED.
-likewise with FromSoft- more info will be coming, and Elden Ring looks like some interesting concepts.

“I don’t care about these games/we’ll see more about these games in the future even if we didn’t at this presentation” is some weird-ass reasoning for making MS your favourite of the conferences :doh: Oh, and a game as old as the empires you play as in it :thumbsup:

This E3 was the lightest I’ve seen in terms of both announcements and more involved looks. I suppose it’s not surprising, what with this being the end of this console generation it seems, but perhaps it’s also in part because Sony and their first-party games weren’t there - that was a gap which wasn’t filled by the others.

- Khell

PS: Is it me or is Elden Ring the One Ring in reverse? ‘The ring has broken and all is darkness!’

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 12 June 2019 - 02:16 PM

#195 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

@Khell - you can PM me for the new Galactic Council password once you've learned to log out of your alt for posting in regular threads. JFC.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#196 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:22 PM

The PC Gaming show didn't show anything either.

Surprisingly, I was sorta intrigued by Blair Witch. I mean, it will probably be shit (we'll see when it comes out how it is received), but what little they showed has stuck with me from the show, whereas most of what I've seen, I've forgotten already.

#197 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:25 PM

View PostSilencer, on 12 June 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

@Khell - you can PM me for the new Galactic Council password once you've learned to log out of your alt for posting in regular threads. JFC.

Oh shit, I didn't mean to accidentally narc you out to the MAN, Khel :thumbsup:

#198 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:52 PM

@ khell: I DID put a disclaimer on my post saying "from MY perspective, given MY platform of preference, :thumbsup:

Yes, I think Microsoft got its main message across very well: " come to GamePass, we are better than the other guys". Xbox is transitioning into a software-first model, like everything else Microsoft has always been. It's a message that sold me. When I build a new PC, I'm gonna make the jump to Win 10, finally- and there's a good chance I'll sign up for GamePass when that happens.

@ Kazooie: PC Gaming show had Bloodlines 2 gameplay- enough to get me hyped; there was also more info on Remnant: From the ashes, from the team that did Darksiders, in the same art style, which I quite like; Conan chop-chop looks amusing; Age of Wonders: Planetary got a release date (and Paradox has a shit ton of gameplay for various factions on its YouTube channel, so it's not like that game is trying to hide itself); and Songs of Conquest looks like a legit HoMM-type game I've never heard of before (and it's still in alpha so that's understandable). Did I want to know more about BG3? Of course- I wanna know if it's turn-based, for starters. But can I really say the show's disappointing cuz I didn't see that? Not at all.

#199 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:12 PM

I've been watching some of the NIntendo Treehouse presentations today. Astral Chain looks very interesting indeed.

#200 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:43 PM

anything about BG 3 or was that just bullshit?

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users