• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice

#41 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 24 March 2019 - 07:38 AM

I went right around the General, you can just sneak by him to the left. I'll go back for him later. I crept through that next area carefully, ledge hangs are awesome for sneaking. Dropped down right behind that hammer guy, backstabbed him - he never even saw me! Get the bell from the woman in the house there, you need it for the flame upgrade.

You can then find a path down the cliffs to the left of the gate - there's a guy up on the wall with a rocket, I got up behind him too.

I didn't beat the Ogre yet, but I did realise that if you kill enough people, you get more resurrection nodes (bottom left) which means you can revive more than once during the fight. So before I fight him again I'll go back a bit and clear out a few guards to build those up.

That experience meter means no grinding; if you die just before you get a skill point, you lose it for good. Last night I was killing just to get that last bit to bank another skill point.

I like the way the grapple works - the way the branches and hook points are laid out in certain areas means you have to jump off and grapple when the next point is in range. No more falling off big trees, take that DS. Also I got swarmed at one point and basically hit the grapple button without a target in mind, and I went straight up like Batman.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 24 March 2019 - 07:44 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#42 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:45 PM

I saw no house or bell, but I have run into the rocket guy. Guess I ll have to back track

#43 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

I missed her first go as I went the hidden way. She's up on the first floor; her son is on the path towards the gate.

Take the bell back to the temple, there's an idol near the sculptor you can activate for a trip... elsewhere.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 24 March 2019 - 06:07 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#44 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:27 PM

Anyone bought any skills yet? I have 3 points but with the tree blanked out im undecided which starter to take.

Beat the Ogre so just exploring the new area. Got a gourd upgrade, also, got some blood samples from the coughing afflicted. Took it to Emma, I think there's a cure for dragon rot.

Just took out a guard, and as I paused over the body, a few red maple leaves drifted down form the tree with the snow.

Just awesome visually.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 24 March 2019 - 11:04 PM

#45 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:04 PM

I have gotten the Whirlwind thing upgrade, the spirit emblem upgrade and the mid air block upgrade but I will admit to confusion on this one because idk if I unlocked the ability to actually block in mid air period or if I just added to its effect.

See if you can block in mid air or just can only jump if you havenít done any upgrades.

#46 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:24 PM

I don't think I can block mid-air.

I'm going for the Mikiri Counter, looks more use to me than whirlwind.

Still learning moves. Running up and attacking gives you a swift strike. Also, the side-step (O on PS4) isn't just a one press, if you hold it you really dash out of the way. Useful for dodging the Ogre grabs - he kept getting me until I figured that out.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 24 March 2019 - 11:25 PM

#47 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:31 AM

I went with whirlwind cause I like to bull through stuff. Other definitely seemed defensive based. Yeah though I can block in mid air now I just couldnít remember doing so before the unlock so had no idea if it started then or just added to its effectiveness. Ugh the spirt emblem upgrade is fucking bullshit!! I went from 15 throwing stars to a a whopping motherfuckingfuckfucking 16 of them.

#48 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:13 AM

View PostTraveller, on 24 March 2019 - 11:24 PM, said:

I don't think I can block mid-air.

I'm going for the Mikiri Counter, looks more use to me than whirlwind.

Still learning moves. Running up and attacking gives you a swift strike. Also, the side-step (O on PS4) isn't just a one press, if you hold it you really dash out of the way. Useful for dodging the Ogre grabs - he kept getting me until I figured that out.

Oooh, that could be very helpful.
I do feel like the tutorial space didn't really go deep enough into the controls. There is a lot that is left to trial and error, and by that I mean more than there should be.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

"For the record, I'm pretty sure my mind was shouting 'CLICHESTORM' over and over again during the opening of Skyrim...just putting that out there.." - Me.

~Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.~

#49 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:01 AM

Ok I found the lady and am now in the midst of
Spoiler

Really loving this game but just waiting for the real shoe to drop on my skill with these causing me to shut down. I think this entry is definetly dialed down compared to the others I played.

#50 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:15 AM

Just unlocked Mikiri and gonna train. Ambien kicking in so signing off soon.

Iím having a blast and so far not minding having to repeat anything if I have to get back to an idol to rest. Itís great coming back and not getting touched at all as I dance. That didnít really happen in Souls Boure for me.

Ed: Holy fuckingfuckdiggitydogtits that move is fun to pull off!

This post has been edited by Briar King: 25 March 2019 - 05:19 AM

#51 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:31 AM

It's really nailed the shinobi aspect. That memory area is a great example, where the game lets you sneak and vanish, or dive in and take down enemies with a flourish.

The poise/balance thing is genius, so much more subtle than the stamina bar, and the additional skills are just going to add to it, I can't wait to try some more.

The training is good, I've returned to it several times as a warm up when I start playing. But timing is essential, and it doesn't always show how long to hit a button for, or when. That triple block is an example, you have to hit block 3 times and counter; against real enemies its tricky, but when you do it fast enough it's awesome, you don't get a scratch.

And dodging grabs with the Ogre was getting annoying as I'd hit the button, sidestep, and he'd get me anyway - he has a wide reach. Only when I held it down for a sort of running strafe did it click.

It's certainly more beginner friendly - but watch out for that ogre.

Edit.. went back to the Estate, and totally cleared it. Now got 3rd prosthetic weapon, an axe - once you have 3 you unlock a whole new skill tree just for upgrading prosthetics. That whole area is great for getting money and exp points.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 25 March 2019 - 02:22 PM

#52 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:48 AM

Man I was all kinds of tanked last night when I bought Mirki ability. Barely remember it but I know I was impressed using it on Trainer buddy but I have yet to activate on an actual enemy today. I just dodge out the way. I ll have to actually look at the description again I guess. Maybe itís just for sweep attacks.

Iím getting a bit to ballsy and arrogant for my skill lvl and trying to go back and bull my way through cleared areas just to test myself. I have to run back to an idol 60% of the time but that 40% when I donít feels so fucking great.

#53 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:54 AM

Dammit the carps donít respawn in that area I tagged..

#54 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:28 AM

Have hit a wall on progression in that same area though across the bridge after 2nd idol. I canít get past a group of men and dogs chilling around a campfire in a circlejerk to get to a path going upward.

I still lack the skill to pull off Miriki in actual combat to. Duho that reminds me I should try whirlwind slash on the circlejerkers..

These torchbearers are just proving to be my undoing. I canít avoid the flames. Was a problem for me in other games to.

This post has been edited by Briar King: 26 March 2019 - 03:45 AM

#55 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:04 AM

Managed to kill/divert guy on roof pulling the circlejerkers away but my lock on activated forcing me to have my back turned to the Wolf and guy I knew were up stairs..that was a legit struggle with me barely hanging onto any health(didnít use pills...I really should do this..) while I found my way to a bolted gate leading to a shortcut back to idol. Fucking a! Went back that way a 2nd time and snatched a axe for my arm which Iím going back to sculptor for now after posting.

#56 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:35 AM

Managed to unlock grappling hook offense move but the txt doesnít say how to activate the move and no tryout with Hanbei prompted yet.

No more post from me tonight. Got an early day in am so itís Ambien time early.
Kinda makes me sad.

Iím just going back to 1st Ashina area to grind to get upgrades.

#57 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:37 AM

The axe is great for the shield guys up the steps from the door you opened - you can just smash n stab. I've messed about up there, but decided that it might be a bit early to take on at this stage.

On my first visit to the campfire I did the ledge hang all the way round to the right, then dropped down into the alley. Then ran at the fire, grabbed the upgrade, and ran off.

I went back later after ogre fight and cleared them out one by one. Shuriken the dogs. And don't forget you can lure the guards with ceramic shards. Opening the shortcut was a proper DS moment.

I made it through the ravine, past a
Spoiler

But I'd missed a mini boss, a General surrounded by guards who I'm trying to beat now. The mikiri is meant for the thrust attacks, which he telegraphs, but he also does a sweep and I keep getting caught out.

Overall although it's a very different game to the Souls series, there are still enough details to remind you how it's developed. The way a mini boss will chase you, but stump back to his original place if you go to far, really reminded me of the red eye guys from Demons.

It's like a really refined version of Souls and Bloodborne - with an actual story and characters added, not to mention so many combat moves that DS is going to seem positively primitive after this.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 March 2019 - 08:01 AM

#58 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:04 PM

Oh I totally forgot last night. Having a conversation with someone doesnít make you safe/pause environment.. I was trying to talk to a dude by Bell lady and a wolf killed me before I knew it so I respawned and killed it then I picked conversation back up only to be killed by that fat fucker with the hammer right afterwards forcing me to use another respawn to hightail it out of there to the closet idol.

Wasnít to happy with this lesson.

#59 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:52 PM

I'm still trying to beat this general. I have to kill five or six guards first - to go head to head with him in a fight that takes about 1 minute for me to fuck up somehow. I so nearly got his poise to break, but he always seems to hit me before I get him.

It's a real test of the skills you've learned - dodge, block, attack. Combination of frustrating and admiration.
I'll feel better about it when he's dead though.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 March 2019 - 10:04 PM

#60 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:14 PM

You are probably much further then me by now. Iím mainly staying in Ashnia like I said last night to fill my skill bar/number up with easy kills.

Can you pull off a Miriki? This move(rather lack of) is pissing me off and Iím now regretting dropping the 2 pts into it.

Share this topic:

• 24 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users