• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2019 to Super Bowl 54

#121 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:30 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 02 March 2020 - 08:04 PM, said:

Hey Bru are you going to feel or are feeling strange seeing Rivera under that Skins banner/colors?

I will miss Rivera. He was a good coach.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#122 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:36 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 17 March 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

Most excellent news today if Coronavirus dont fuck it up. Drew in black and gold another 2 years! Need that 2nd ring dammit. Also I saw that Tom Brady has said bye to Pats officially. Many rumors early on about Titans but things have shifted south to Bucs. Wow that would be fucking nuts! Paran what would think about that? Having Drew and Tom in the same division is kinda mind popping imo.

And Bruhja Cam is out the door if I understand correctly. How does that news affect you?

It's hard to say. Cam was a stellar presence and will be hard to replace. I'm just worried that whoever we get will be worse than Cam would have been.

Guess it depends on how well Bridgewater plays. I can't see him doing anything great. He'll be a quick come and go.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#123 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:31 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 17 March 2020 - 11:56 PM, said:

Rumor no more....Brady to Bucs

This shit is going to be fucking weird!!!!! Paran what say you!?!?

Didn't realize there were 2 identical NFL threads running and I commented on the other earlier. If you had told me 3 years ago that the Bucs would want/get Brady, the NFL player I have hated 2nd most, I would have said "F NO!" But I've had to suffer through the NFL player I hate MOST since then (Jameis Turnover Winston) and all I wanted for the 2020 season was the Bucs to cut him loose. Because Brady makes that happen, I am surprisingly ok with the move. I'm a little unsure what to expect but it sure as hell won't be 30 picks. Brady looked not great several times last season but the "talent" he was playing with was pretty bad. I could see him getting re-energized by a new situation and just going off with the offensive weapons the Bucs have. But if he's even mediocre and just protects the ball, the Bucs should still be contenders for the playoffs. He could also get broken in half in game 2. But still, whatever backup we have will be better than Jameis, so I'll take it!

Your boy Drew Brees has to be just shaking his head. He signs up for likely his last 2 years cause the Saints are still on the verge and the so called greatest QB ever moves into his division. Ought to make for a couple epic games a year though! Maybe reminiscent of the old Dan Marino - Ken O'Brien (NY Jets) shootouts waaayyyy back in the day when I lived in Jersey and was a Jets fan.

#124 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:39 PM

My wife and I went to quite a few games pre-kids, at the Old Sombrero. We're about 1 1/2 to 2 hours south, depending on traffic. The '08 financial crisis hurt us badly, as I was in construction then. It took 10 years to get back to being even close to good, $ wise. So we've never been to the new stadium. My kids just aren't into sports so its certainly not worth what it would cost for the 4 of us to go. And I just heard that despite the huge sudden demand for season tickets in the last 24 hours, the prices have been increased 10% to 15%. How very Glazer family of them. They're going to make a killing with the renewed interest in tickets, new uniform design, etc, and they still had to jack prices.

#125 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:33 PM

Now I just have to see what the changes in the Bucs uniforms are going to look like. Rumor has it they're trying to re-incorporate some of the creamsicle colors again. I happen to be one of those fans that actually liked those quite a bit. Not the biggest fan of the Bucco Bruce helmet logo, but I was good with the colors, believe it or not. I'd like to see them keep the current helmet logo, the flag with skull and crossed swords hung from a cutlass but put it on a white helmet with the white and orange colors for most of the rest. I don't buy much, if any, sports apparel anymore but if the Bucs did that, I might have to get something...

#126 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:05 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 21 March 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

View Postparan falcon, on 20 March 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

Now I just have to see what the changes in the Bucs uniforms are going to look like. Rumor has it they're trying to re-incorporate some of the creamsicle colors again. I happen to be one of those fans that actually liked those quite a bit. Not the biggest fan of the Bucco Bruce helmet logo, but I was good with the colors, believe it or not. I'd like to see them keep the current helmet logo, the flag with skull and crossed swords hung from a cutlass but put it on a white helmet with the white and orange colors for most of the rest. I don't buy much, if any, sports apparel anymore but if the Bucs did that, I might have to get something...

Ahh I think you are referring to those cool shurburt outfits. I was just reminded how cool those were in the recent NFL Top 100 shows. I hope you get them back if there are rumors. I would think your stadium would need a touch up to with all that red. There is entirely to many red theme colors. Y'all and Falcons need to go back and ditch them. Loved old 90's Falcon logo and black.

Am I misremembering a Bucs brown uniform?

Yeah orange sherbert or creamsicle is how they were referred to a lot.
Posted Image
This was my favorite configuration. I liked the orange jersey look a little less but liked the white jersey with orange pants too. I agree that there's a lot of red out there. Like I said, the current helmet logo but back to this color scheme would be awesome. I don't recall any brown Bucs uniforms. Just the pewter pants of the current colors.

Can't agree on the old Falcons logo. It always looked like a puking vulture to me. The current logo is a little better.

#127 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 23 March 2020 - 03:45 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 23 March 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

Am legit terrified that Alvin will be going to another team after his subpar 3rd year. Yes he was hurt. He sure didn't play the same but he also didn't have Mark to play/feed off of last year. Can't help but wonder if he didn't give it his all because he wants off. That's some dark thinking on my part.

Love that guy. Such an icon in black and gold.

After seeing what Mark Ingram did for Baltimore last season, I think the Saints missed him more than they thought they possibly could. I certainly didn't expect he could be so instrumental for the Ravens and Lamar Jackson. Is it me, or did every (or nearly every) RB that got paid top $ in the last 2 seasons really disappoint in '19? Gurley, Elliot with Dallas, Melvin Gordon held out, came in finally and then didn't light it up. There may be more I'm not thinking of. Running backs are about as devalued as I can ever remember and yet the evidence is still pretty clear that a strong running game makes a big difference. For example: Derrick Henry with Tennessee and multiple 49er RBs.

#128 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:31 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 22 March 2020 - 04:34 PM, said:

You are correct about the brown. I'm pretty sure I know now why I thought the brown thing. Those pewter pants and shoulders with the helmet muted out the red when bent and lined up a few times in clips on old 32in tv. I looked uniforms up afterwards.

Yeah also your logo is pretty damn dope currently. Certainly wouldn't want that gay Hollywood looking one coming back if I was y'all!

Well I went and hoped for too much, it seems. I went searching to see if anything leaked on the changes to TB's uniforms and found a detailed write up from someone who had seen them. All they're doing is going back to when they won the SB in '02. Which really just means removing the orange strips on the jersey chest and pants, chrome to black facemask and getting rid of the digital clock looking numbers for more block style. And the pewter colored pants will more closely match the pewter of the helmet. No return of the creamsicle colors with the new logo on the helmet instead of Bucco Bruce. Damn. I would really loved to have seen that.

#129 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 30 March 2020 - 01:15 PM

View PostBeaver Killia, on 28 March 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

Any concept art?

Yeah that sucks. Would have had to redo Stadium also though going back to Orange.

Or did I miss read post? Just no Orange with the current flag logo?

From what I understand, they're just going back to what they wore for the '02 SB. Removing some gimmicky orange strips (I don't even recall when they were added), making the facemask black instead of chrome and changing the style of the numbers away from the digital clock look. Same current helmet logo and pirate ship, etc. Hardly enough to be called "new" uniforms, really.

#130 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:28 PM

It seems the source I ran across with the description of the Bucs uniform changes was entirely correct. I can't complain, short of the creamsicle not coming back. I actually like the all pewter "color rush" a ton more than the all red from recent years.
Edit; Tried to paste a photo of the 3 uniforms but it seems it came up all text. : (

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 07 April 2020 - 06:32 PM

#131 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:13 PM

View PostBriar King, on 10 April 2020 - 02:54 AM, said:

View Postparan falcon, on 07 April 2020 - 06:28 PM, said:

It seems the source I ran across with the description of the Bucs uniform changes was entirely correct. I can't complain, short of the creamsicle not coming back. I actually like the all pewter "color rush" a ton more than the all red from recent years.
Edit; Tried to paste a photo of the 3 uniforms but it seems it came up all text. : (

Ok I just saw a pic! I like the white uniforms a lot. I agree the color rush looks better then the past red(just to much of that damn color league wide now)but it makes me wonder if I actually did see a past brown uniform a few years ago in a past color rush clip?

If the Bucs ever wore all pewter before, I must've missed that game. I dont recall ever having seen that.

Yeah, those Falcons uniforms are very underwhelming to me, bad almost.

#132 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:21 PM

View PostBriar King, on 15 April 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:

Which one(s) do you love?! That Jersey with a Hurricane over the state of Louisiana?! I dont know whether to smh or lol at that one. The 2nd image I only saw for a split second then it disappeared. Was that half the fleur du lis on the Jersey? I wanted a better look at that one.

#133 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 18 April 2020 - 01:17 AM

View PostBriar King, on 17 April 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

So McCaffery is now the highest paid RB in the NFL.

I would not want that pressure on me or my team. I mean if you earn it after earning it then kudos but how many times recently have we have seen RB's decline in the following year?

And the Panthers are going to need him to continue to perform at the same level as they get a new QB and offense going...

#134 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 21 April 2020 - 10:45 PM

View PostBriar King, on 21 April 2020 - 08:26 PM, said:

Lol apparently Gronk is ready to play ball again(I know that 1st year out has to be so fucking hard..) but he wants to be back with Brady on Bucs.

PF how sick would that be?

It's already a done deal. When I heard the Bucs were negotiating with the Pats for his rights, I thought they'd demand OJ Howard in return. I've heard it rumored multiple times OJ could be traded there. I'm not ready to give up Howard yet, he had Jameis Winston throwing the ball. But to get Gronkowski for a 4th round pick, getting back a 7th? Half a season only is probably worth that. I've despised NE for so long, I clearly wasn't a Gronk fan but there's no denying his football talent. What remains to be seen is what does he have left? He had a year off so I'm sure he feels better but at 30+ that can work against a player too. It's a shame we're likely to see shortened or minimal training camps etc, this season. If ever a team needed every bit of that time to work...

#135 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:26 PM

View PostBriar King, on 23 April 2020 - 04:43 PM, said:

Draft today! You guys excited? Looks like it's gonna be fund raising for corona relief.

I would've been a lot more excited if I thought the Bucs were looking at drafting a new QB. But there is no way they'll take a QB before the 3rd or 4th round now, since Brady. They'd better be taking O-line with their first rounder and probably more than one over the whole draft. We also need CBs and D-linemen also.

#136 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 26 April 2020 - 02:06 PM

Oh LOOK OUT BK!! Pray as hard as you can for the health of Drew all season! Your boys are about to sign JAMEIS, it looks like!

#137 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:33 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!! The man that wanted 30 mil + a year from the Bucs has signed with the Saints for far less than 2mil, INCLUDING INCENTIVES! Good Luck Drew and BK!
I can't stop laughing. If Brady goes down in game 2 for the whole season, it'll still have been worth getting Winston off the team. Edit: Apparently, with incentives, he could hit 3.4 mil. I have to think he'd need to play at least as much as Bridgewater did last year to have a chance of hitting incentives.

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 29 April 2020 - 11:25 PM

#138 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:54 PM

I caught the E:60 show, Project 11, on ESPN this morning. The one about Washington QB Alex Smith and the aftermath of his shattered leg injury. I had heard an interview with Alex on Friday and so had heard it took 17 surgeries to save his life, first, then his leg. And I had heard the pictures were gruesome. That is an understatement, BIG TIME. One thing that I couldn't believe about the story in general is that Alex' leg got broken on 11/18/17. The show actually opens with Joe Theisman (former Washington QB) talking about the day Lawrence Taylor snapped HIS lower leg and ended his career. The date? 11/18/85. (I think he said '85, I know I saw it live on tv.) That is just F*cked up! Anyway, its an amazing story and I'm glad I watched it. It is beyond amazing that he is actually considering attempting to play again.

#139 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:17 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 May 2020 - 12:14 AM, said:

Texans v Chiefs. I don't see this game being any kinda close to the epicness that was their last meeting.

Most important though PF we going head to head Sunday week 1. I hope you burn in hell for 60 mins of playtime! It's a great 1st week matchup to draw attention to the record chasers Drew and Tom. I'm excited to watch them directly duke it out against each other.

Agree it will be a very interesting game. I could wish for a non conference and division game for weeks 1 and 2 but oh well. The likelihood of no OTAs, possibly abbreviated training camps, etc, will hurt the Bucs when it comes to Brady getting in sync with his new weapons. But the Bucs have nearly always played the Saints tough, even with Jameis. We shall see!

#140 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:41 AM

View PostBriar King, on 26 June 2020 - 12:24 AM, said:

Ok no surprise here. NFL has stated that all stadiums 1st 8 rows will be empty/covered up to protect the team’s players/staff. I’m just trying to mentally picture this stuff on tv. Man it’s gonna be a strange year. Providing it even happens of course.

Oh and PF I’m not sure of the numbers but rumors are going around that right now the Buccaneers positive cases of the corona are the highest of any team in the league. Any truth to that?

They are a florida team and I believe that the outbreak is especially bad down there right now so that doesn't surprise me for some reason.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users