Malazan Empire: Just finished The Bonehunters.....Some Questions - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just finished The Bonehunters.....Some Questions

#1 User is offline   Icebreaker 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:09 PM

I just finished my first read of The Bonehunters .The series just gets better with each book.As always the last 1/3rd of the book was breathtaking.Here are some questions. (If there are spoilers please comment RAFO) :
1. Has Dassem Ultor ascended to become Dessembrae (The Lord of Tears) ? I think it is mentioned somewhere in TB but not sure.
2. There an ascendent mentioned in the glossary-Grizzin Farl. He doesn't have any role in TB. Do we get to see him in the following books ?
3. How is Icarium so powerful ? It takes an primitive spirit goddess (I think that is what Eres'al is) to stop him from slaughtering everyone who comes across his path.
4. Are all warrens physical worlds like Kurald Emurlahn or the Warren of Shadow where Shadowthrone lives ? Both are same btw.
5. What should I read next - TRoTCG or RG ?

Some afterthoughts :
1. Cotillion is a badass. He is one of my favourite character along with Karsa,Paran and Apsalar .
2. I am really excited to know more about Traveller. I think I will like him.

This post has been edited by Icebreaker: 04 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:38 AM

View PostIcebreaker, on 04 January 2019 - 04:09 PM, said:

1. Has Dassem Ultor ascended to become Dessembrae (The Lord of Tears) ? I think it is mentioned somewhere in TB but not sure.

Yes.

And RAFO.

2. There an ascendent mentioned in the glossary-Grizzin Farl. He doesn't have any role in TB. Do we get to see him in the following books ?

RAFO.

3. How is Icarium so powerful ? It takes an primitive spirit goddess (I think that is what Eres'al is) to stop him from slaughtering everyone who comes across his path.

His Warren is a combo of Jaghut and Chaos, driven by pure insanity and rage.

4. Are all warrens physical worlds like Kurald Emurlahn or the Warren of Shadow where Shadowthrone lives ? Both are same btw.

No, and no they aren't the same. Meanas was a chunk of KE once but it's spun off and has its own aspect. Also, RAFO.

Order of events would be RG then RCG then TtH.
...and that assumes you’ve read NoK. Otherwise read that next.

Some afterthoughts :
1. Cotillion is a badass. He is one of my favourite character along with Karsa,Paran and Apsalar .

You have SO MUCH good reading ahead of you!
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Icebreaker 

• Recruit

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

Thank you so much @Abyss ! Appreciate the help.

#4 User is offline   WhiskeyJohn 

• Corporal

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

View PostIcebreaker, on 04 January 2019 - 04:09 PM, said:

I just finished my first read of The Bonehunters .The series just gets better with each book.As always the last 1/3rd of the book was breathtaking.Here are some questions. (If there are spoilers please comment RAFO) :

Some afterthoughts :

1. It's presumed so. You have to read Toll the Hounds to get clarity, so RAFO.
2. Only another throw away mention. You need to read Kharkanas to get information, so RAFO.
3. Icarium history is still mostly unrevealed and hints scattered across various books, so RAFO.
4. Most elder warrens are (excepting Chaos I think), Kurald Galain, Omtose Phellack, Arkhast Korvalain etc have physical worlds. Some ancient warrens like Liosan, Imperial, Tellann etc will have physical realms. It's a very complex structure.
5. What Abyss said.

The character I really want to know more and very interested in is Edgewalker!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users