• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 148: Santa's Sleigh Ef-on-elf action

#61 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:16 PM

View PostKalse, on 02 January 2019 - 03:47 AM, said:

The fact that Okaros ended his one-word post with an exclamation mark supposedly conveys a level of excitement about participating in the game. His lack of further contribution makes that initial declared intention suspect. vote Okaros Note: I *might* be a bit drunk and reading too much into things.

This is interesting. An attempt to substantiate a vote on Okaros, which looks a bit silly on a train that was admittedly and explicitly a low poster hunt.

Then that sentence at the end adding a proviso, almost as if trying to shed blame if the lynch goes wrong.

But we all know that a first day lynch, especially with this little content rarely goes right. Which makes this sentence rather suspicious.

What's up Kalse?

#62 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:23 PM

Had a quick look at D1 and Skintick's hammer vote stands out the most. We still had hours to go and they were too trigger happy. Also, this:

View PostSkintick, on 02 January 2019 - 05:59 AM, said:

I'd rather lynch than not and since I'm currently the only viable choice, my decision has rarely been easier:

Vote Okaros

Trying hard to find an excuse for that vote, aren't you, Skin? You were 4 votes away from a lynch, hardly a target at all.

Speaking of trying hard, Kalse was really stretching here:

The fact that Okaros ended his one-word post with an exclamation mark supposedly conveys a level of excitement about participating in the game.

His lack of further contribution makes that initial declared intention suspect.

vote Okaros

Note: I *might* be a bit drunk and reading too much into things.

EDIT:
xpost with Jalan.

This post has been edited by Aranatha: 02 January 2019 - 12:24 PM

#63 User is offline   Kalse 

• Recruit

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

View PostJalan, on 02 January 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

The fact that Okaros ended his one-word post with an exclamation mark supposedly conveys a level of excitement about participating in the game. His lack of further contribution makes that initial declared intention suspect. vote Okaros Note: I *might* be a bit drunk and reading too much into things.

This is interesting. An attempt to substantiate a vote on Okaros, which looks a bit silly on a train that was admittedly and explicitly a low poster hunt.

Then that sentence at the end adding a proviso, almost as if trying to shed blame if the lynch goes wrong.

But we all know that a first day lynch, especially with this little content rarely goes right. Which makes this sentence rather suspicious.

What's up Kalse?

Hangover.

This will not be a good day.

#64 User is offline   Kalse 

• Recruit

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

:( apparently I'm not the only one having a bad day, given how lively the thread's been.

#65 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:08 PM

Yeah, my activity yesterday really doesn't look too good, does it? That said, I hammered before I went to bed for the night and I wouldn't have been around for timeout.

#66 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

It is Day 2. 28 hours and 22 minutes remaining

7 Players still alive: Aranatha, Ay Estos, Fanderay, Jalan, Kalse, Ruse, Skintick

4 votes to lynch, 4 votes to go to night.

Players not voted: Aranatha, Ay Estos, Fanderay, Jalan, Kalse, Ruse, Skintick
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#67 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

Back and catching up

#68 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:05 PM

What's up Kalse?

I read it as a tongue in cheek reasoning, but dunno, the note kinda defeats that purpose for me tbh, smh. And Kalse had his chance to speak up but doesn't seem to have any issues with you taking the reasoning seriously.
That there's some amount of tongue-in-cheekiness involved seems obvious to me but any amount of seriousness in this particular reasoning I find probably more than a bit silly and indeed rather suspicious.

#69 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:28 PM

View PostRuse, on 02 January 2019 - 08:13 PM, said:

Back and catching up

And how's that going?

#70 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

View PostAranatha, on 02 January 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

Back and catching up

And how's that going?

I read most of it and got distracted. I think day 1 lowposter cases generally suck, especially over a holiday, but now we have more to go on. Not sure what to think about the skintick alternative train yet.

#71 User is offline   Kalse 

• Recruit

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:45 PM

View PostAy Estos, on 02 January 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

What's up Kalse?

I read it as a tongue in cheek reasoning, but dunno, the note kinda defeats that purpose for me tbh, smh. And Kalse had his chance to speak up but doesn't seem to have any issues with you taking the reasoning seriously.
That there's some amount of tongue-in-cheekiness involved seems obvious to me but any amount of seriousness in this particular reasoning I find probably more than a bit silly and indeed rather suspicious.

Kalse has been trying to keep himself coherent and productive for a day, so explaining why he made a dumb drunken comment in Mafia was low on his priority list. I also didn't notice that Jalan put vote number 3 in between my posts, so there was that.

I'm about to head home and I'll try to remember to log back on from there. Given how I'm ready to pass out right now, that might be a challenge.

#72 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:03 PM

Going to sleep too, will be back in the morning. We still have over 24 hours and at the moment I'm torn between Skintick and Ruse. Skintick for that lame ass hammer and Ruse because they're actively trying to *not* contribute anything useful.

On D1, Ruse only offered banter. Then didn't vote. On D2 so far they came here, said they're catching up, then came back two hours later to conclude they got distracted. This is textbook coasting.

View PostRuse, on 02 January 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

Back and catching up

And how's that going?

I read most of it and got distracted. I think day 1 lowposter cases generally suck, especially over a holiday, but now we have more to go on. Not sure what to think about the skintick alternative train yet.

If we have more to go on now then do share.

#73 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:10 AM

It is Day 2. 20 hours and 40 minutes remaining

7 Players still alive: Aranatha, Ay Estos, Fanderay, Jalan, Kalse, Ruse, Skintick

Players not voted: Aranatha, Ay Estos, Fanderay, Jalan, Kalse, Ruse, Skintick
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#74 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

We're 12-ish hours from timeout. I'm here for the next few if anyone wants to talk, but not sure if I'll be around for the end of day.

Anyhow, thought about it some more and voting for Ruse for coasting. Keen to switch to Skintick tho if others feel it's a more likely hit.

Vote Ruse

#75 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:57 AM

It is Day 2. 11 hours and 53 minutes remaining

1 Vote for Ruse ( Aranatha )

Players not voted: Ay Estos, Fanderay, Jalan, Kalse, Ruse, Skintick

#76 User is offline   Kalse 

• Recruit

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

Sorry, got distracted by a dodgy SMS (allegedly from PayPal) on my way to work, so had to look into that.

I'm not seeing much of a case on Skintick. The hammer maps onto a North American evening, and since I voted similar way (though I felt I was vote 3, not 4), I can't really blame them for it.

Not liking Ruse's "I'm totally here but don't have much to say" attitude.

#77 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

Ok back. Sorry, it does look like I’m coasting at the moment, the first part of this week has been crazy with the holiday and relatives. We have some time yet, so let’s not waste another Lynch on low posting, since it’s obvious that none of us have had oodles of time to play.

I’ll have a second look at the thread and post my opinion in an hourish.

#78 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:48 PM

What's up Kalse?

I agree, the exclamation point argument and then the comment on “drunk posting” seem a bit contrived.

#79 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostRuse, on 02 January 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

Back and catching up

And how's that going?

That train is actually where we have most of our proven information at the moment since both individuals on that train have flipped town.

#80 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

Looking back over the thread Fanderay is actually really catching my eye. She's completely ghosted on us today, and her d1 play seems off to me. Lemme grab quotes.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users