Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New ICE Book

#1 User is offline   Lamora 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:02 AM

So the cover and the release date for ICE's next book have appeared on Amazon. I have no clue how to create a new post under Forthcoming Novels, so I just made a post here. Its due out in February so a short wait too.

Its called Kellanved's Reach and looks awesome! Amazon is touting final book in trilogy pretty hard... I thought ICE had extended the series for more books though? I really hope he has a new trilogy planned for these characters because I can only see this novel maybe conquering Quon Tali, and that is a huge maybe. I am not sure they will even get that far; especially since I think I remember them not using the undead until 7 Cities? So I am hoping for more books! Does anyone know anything about it?

#2 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:11 PM

It looks like Amazon is getting its information from ICE's US publisher page or possibly an older version of his UK publisher's page. The US page still talks about a trilogy, but the UK page calls Kellanved's Reach "the third awesome chapter in Ian C. Esslemont's new epic fantasy sequence."

The UK publisher summary also has this additional bit:

And in the meantime, as Purge and Tali indulge in what seems like a their never-ending game of war, a mercenary caught up in the fight between the two states suddenly refuses to play along and causes all sorts of chaos. Simultaneously, a pair of escapees from Castle Gris make their way across this ravaged landscape of flame and butchery. Their intention to seek out the legendary Crimson Guard.

We know from one of ICE's interviews that the series might be extended based on sales. When Erikson announced he was going to work on the Toblakai trulogy, he mentioned that ICE's sales were good on the prequel series (better than the Kharkanas books), so I think it likely we'll see more.

I imagine that the series' original design as a trilogy means we'll see at least some partial resolution to the T'lan Imass/arrowhead/Throne of Shadow plot in the third book. We know from HoC that the Throne lies in a cavern somewhere below an unnamed city on Quon Tali. We also know from RotCG that the T'lan Imass were used to help sieze Li Heng from the Protectress.

#3 User is offline   Lorn 

• Captain

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:06 PM

So am I the only one really looking forward to this book? The first real review has been up on Goodreads for more than a week and I can't find any discussions about it.

Anyway it sounds really good!! :)

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

View PostLorn, on 22 January 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

So am I the only one really looking forward to this book? The first real review has been up on Goodreads for more than a week and I can't find any discussions about it.

Anyway it sounds really good!! :)

YES IT DOES!
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   WhiskeyJohn 

• Corporal

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:40 AM

View PostArchieVist, on 26 December 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

It looks like Amazon is getting its information from ICE's US publisher page or possibly an older version of his UK publisher's page. The US page still talks about a trilogy, but the UK page calls Kellanved's Reach "the third awesome chapter in Ian C. Esslemont's new epic fantasy sequence."

The UK publisher summary also has this additional bit:

And in the meantime, as Purge and Tali indulge in what seems like a their never-ending game of war, a mercenary caught up in the fight between the two states suddenly refuses to play along and causes all sorts of chaos. Simultaneously, a pair of escapees from Castle Gris make their way across this ravaged landscape of flame and butchery. Their intention to seek out the legendary Crimson Guard.

We know from one of ICE's interviews that the series might be extended based on sales. When Erikson announced he was going to work on the Toblakai trulogy, he mentioned that ICE's sales were good on the prequel series (better than the Kharkanas books), so I think it likely we'll see more.

I imagine that the series' original design as a trilogy means we'll see at least some partial resolution to the T'lan Imass/arrowhead/Throne of Shadow plot in the third book. We know from HoC that the Throne lies in a cavern somewhere below an unnamed city on Quon Tali. We also know from RotCG that the T'lan Imass were used to help sieze Li Heng from the Protectress.

Who is the mercenary and the pair referred here?

#6 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:04 PM

WhiskeyJohn said:

Who is the mercenary and the pair referred here?

I'm hoping Skinner and Iron Bars are two of the three. Maybe even Greymane if ICE plays loose with continuity.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users