Malazan Empire: Feather Witch's Vision Chapter1 - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Feather Witch's Vision Chapter1 Who/What are the Fulcra(Realm Forgers) and what is the Errant

#1 User is offline   Emancipor Reese 

• Elemental Force
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:26 PM

Hi Folks,
I'm on a re-read of all the books but I'm no clearer on some of the Big players in this series. Currently I am just after starting Midnight Tides and am a bit puzzled by Feather Witchs vision and the Letherii knowledge of The Fulcra Fire,Dolmen and the Errant,are they the Elder Gods as the Errant seems to have created everything from 'the Holds' Ice,Eleint,Azath and Beast? and had a hand in populating them with life, Is there a Geneology/Heirarchy map of the Elders/Gods that I can view as there is so many of the buggers its sometimes hard to organise them mentally.

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:19 PM

Hey Emancipor, if you scroll down the top forum page a bit you'll see a subforum called General Book Topics that is for posting threads like this and the drug one. That'll also help them get seen sooner by the folks who love to answer these kinds of questions.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:21 AM

Parts of Feather Witch's vision have actually to be treated just like legends of the Letherii. The most important parts of it are the descriptions of the roles associated with the different holds, as some of them are actually occupied by people you have already met in previous books or you will meet later.

In terms of a hierachy/geneology of the elder gods, I guess that is not really possible. Unlike lets say the greek or the egyptian gods the elder gods in the malazan world don't have a structure. Some are related to each other, like in the case of Lady Envy who is the daugther of Draconus, but you can't trace everything back to someone who started it. And as there is no king of the elder gods or something like that, there is also no hierachy. Some elder gods are more feared/respected than others because they are more powerful, but that's also not enough for a ranking.

Just keep reading. The most important elder gods for the story are introduced by the way :(

#4 User is offline   Emancipor Reese 

• Elemental Force

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:41 PM

Thanks Coltaine I reckon I could re-read these books till Burn wakes and still not fully grasp the connections and motivations between all the gods(Elder+new),Azathanai,Eleint elder races etc... but that's part of the appealPosted Image

#5 User is offline   Emancipor Reese 

• Elemental Force

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:42 PM

worry, on 24 September 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Hey Emancipor, if you scroll down the top forum page a bit you'll see a subforum called General Book Topics that is for posting threads like this and the drug one. That'll also help them get seen sooner by the folks who love to answer these kinds of questions.

Thanks Master will do Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:38 PM

Emancipor Reese, on 25 September 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

worry, on 24 September 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Thanks Master will do Posted Image

Already modgod'd.
You're welcome.
We accept cash, cheques, credit cards, alcohol, precious metals, gems, blood sacrifice, and/or livestock. But no bitcoin.

On point, yeah, rereads are fully a gift that keeps on giving with this series.

Coltaine is right that there is no clear power structure... it tends to shift. Easy example, Fener seemed to be the Big Pig on the Block for War Gods in Malazanland for ages, yet he got fried as his followers were prosecuted or died off, and Trake succeeded him, only to be booted from a prime War God spot almost immediately by the Wolves, who themselves invested an entire House... and we all know how that turned out.

And the gods can have different aspects that fit different roles and power levels... Traveller / Dessembrae, Trake again, Silchas... ascendants too, ie Trull, Karsa, the Imass Rockfaces...

Point being don't try too hard to 'organize' the gods and ascendants, just think of them as characters in their own rights.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users