• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Coltaine at Aren (spoilers within)

#1 User is offline   Steamer 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:24 PM

Hey all

So i have made good progess on the DHG re-read and feeling more positive about the reading and life in general

(SPOILERS BELOW)

So when Coltaine is outside Aren battling away and Duiker and co are already inside the city gates; im a bit confused, when Squint shoots Coltaine, is Coltaine on a cross? I was reading the chapter fast so i could finish before my commute ended this morning

Or was he just fighting/got shot and died/ the crows come down and take his physical body away

T'anks

Steamer
Posted Image

P.S. am I allowed to ask for book recommendations outaide of the Malazan world on these forums? or Malazan only?

#2 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:36 AM

The crows shook the air with their eerie cries and plunged down toward the sagging figure on the cross, sweeping over the warriors crowding the slopes. The sorcery that battered at them was shunted aside, scatter by whatever force --- Coltaine's soul? -- now rose to join the birds.

Feel free to ask for recommendations. It is quite common. If you search the forum, you will find several threads of that type.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:11 AM

Yah, there's a whole Other Literature subforum that is consistently active.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Zetubal 

• Captain
  • Interests:Language

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:09 PM

View PostSteamer, on 09 September 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

So when Coltaine is outside Aren battling away and Duiker and co are already inside the city gates; im a bit confused, when Squint shoots Coltaine, is Coltaine on a cross? I was reading the chapter fast so i could finish before my commute ended this morning

Or was he just fighting/got shot and died/ the crows come down and take his physical body away

Korbolo Dom and Kamist Reloe's troops overwhelmed Coltaine and crucified him in plain view of the people of Aren. At the time when Squint put him out of his misery, Coltaine was indeed nailed to a cross.

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:05 PM

View PostZetubal, on 10 September 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Korbolo Dom and Kamist Reloe's troops overwhelmed Coltaine and crucified him in plain view of the people of Aren. At the time when Squint put him out of his misery, Coltaine was indeed nailed to a cross.

One could say he was...

Posted Image

... just hanging around.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6 User is offline   Anzeus 

• Recruit

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:40 PM

SE's symbolism, the Cross thing, I'd say...

#7 User is offline   Zetubal 

• Captain
  • Interests:Language

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

View PostAbyss, on 10 September 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

View PostZetubal, on 10 September 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

One could say he was...

Posted Image

... just hanging around.

*Plays theme*

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users