Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just finished...questions.... oh dear Gods below, hold me Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   EverythingIsOchre 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:34 PM

Well that was a solid 15 months of reading the same series...

Wild ride but I am definitely left wanting more and wanting some answers which I guess are covered in all of the other books? I think I expected a lot more "Aha" moments that just never came, but I'm hoping a read with the Esslemont books will clear up a lot.

My main questions at this point would be:

• In general what's the deal with the Seguleh?
  • Who is Icarium's mother?
  • Who is Ruthan Gudd really?
  • Where the hell is Karsa after leaving Darujhistan and after doing that thing in the temple in tCG
  • Where is Draconus?
  • What was the deal with the Shake/Liosan? Most badass battle and then we hear nothing more from them or the aftermath. What was the actual reason for all of that? I'm a bit confused still on the Dark/Light thing.
  • The Azath/Azathai never really get explained. Where is that Azath builder that Nimander meets with at one point?
  • What was on that piece of paper Duiker had?
  • What happened to that Liosan from the Whirlwind who seemed to be a "good guy"?

And a million other things that I'm kind of forgetting, but I guess that's just at the top of my mind. If any of this is covered in books outside of the main 10, then just RAFO me

Also, is there a re-read that I can go through while preparing for the ICE books? I don't really want to re-read everything again but would love some very-detailed summaries that DO NOT include ICE spoilers so I can just read the book once I finish the re-reads that bring me there (for example, I'd love to do an in-depth re-read of GoTM - MT and then read NoK). Does Tor include ICE spoilers or no?

My brain is frazzled....

This post has been edited by EverythingIsOchre: 29 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

#2 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:28 PM

Seguleh: read Esslemont
Icarium: there are a few hints in the series and there may be some more definitive info coming but I dont think it is ever clearly stated
Ruthan Gudd: may be revealed in other books
Karsa will get his own sequel trilogy, which Erikson is currently writing the first novel of
Draconus: read Esslemont
The Shake: which bit did you not get? Or better, what did you understand? There was a lot going on in the series climax with different factions fighting with different motives. There was a loose alliance between the Liosan who wanted to break free into the world, the Forkrul inquisitors who wanted to leech the CG's power to cleanse the world, and the Elder gods who wanted to restore their powers of old. The Shake were the guardians of the barrier that held the Liosan at bay. Much more to read on the tiste, the shake, light and dark in the Kharkanas prequel trilogy (if Erikson ever gets to write the third novel...).
More on the azath/azathenai in Esslemont's books and in the Kharkanas prequel books.
Duiker: I assume you are referring to the piece of paper that the unnamed female marine in the chain of dogs gave to him? It had her name on it.
Whirlwind Liosan: you mean L'oric? More on him in Esslemont.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 29 June 2018 - 11:29 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:05 AM

The TOR summaries don't include spoilers beyond the point they're discussing -- the commentary sections from the re-reader Bill are generally spoiler free too (especially for ICE's books), but the comments from people following along I'd be wary of. I think sticking to the summaries you should be fine. EXCEPT they read Night of Knives second, so you might as well read that now. It's short and you don't really have to 'study' for it anyway.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users