Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about D'ivers.

#1 User is offline   Mako2401 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:40 PM

There is a scene in which a trader becomes? turns into? rats all of a sudden and attacks Kulp , Baudin , Heboric and Felisin. Before that he talks to them as if he's a normal guy, even flirts with Felisin. So D'Ivers can look like humans and then turn into a group of animals? All the times they appear before are just a group of animals that as I understood are part of the same mind. Can someone explain them to me? Or are they explained as everything else in this series "down the line" ? Also, if a Soletaken is a human? who became an animal , why do they kill them like it's nothing? Don't they have human souls in them ? Completely lost here. Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

View PostMako2401, on 31 May 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

There is a scene in which a trader becomes? turns into? rats all of a sudden and attacks Kulp , Baudin , Heboric and Felisin. Before that he talks to them as if he's a normal guy, even flirts with Felisin. So D'Ivers can look like humans and then turn into a group of animals? All the times they appear before are just a group of animals that as I understood are part of the same mind. Can someone explain them to me? Or are they explained as everything else in this series "down the line" ? Also, if a Soletaken is a human? who became an animal , why do they kill them like it's nothing? Don't they have human souls in them ? Completely lost here. Thanks in advance.

They started out as humans but went through a ritual or something (you find out more later) to become di'vers. They're basically splitting their soul into all the creatures so they do share the same mind,
Soletaken & Di'vers do have human souls but a lot of them have spent so much time in their soletaken forms that they become more animalistic the longer they do and attack people and what not. Others can handle it better.
Some barely remember their human selves and are basically fully wild.
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#3 User is offline   Mako2401 

• Corporal

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

Thank you, that cleared it up for me.

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:36 PM

This is a staunchly pro-D'iversity Training board.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5 User is offline   Not Noto 

• Corporal

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

Some Soletaken and D'ivers can take the form of other humanoids :headbang:

#6 User is offline   Wu ammanas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:11 AM

All the d'ivers seemed to be human. Other races apart from human had soletakens too. Humans who became this went through a ritual that you will see later. D'ivers are many animals of the same specie that had a single mind- the mind of the human. they were before. Any of the d'ivers or soletakens who spent too much time in their animal forms were were animalistic in mind because of their tendency to forget the demands of human nature. This makes them attack people easily.

#7 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:45 PM

Soletaken can shapeshift to one other creature (dragon, bear, platypus), while D'ivers shapeshift into a hivemind set of animals (bunch of rats, as in the example). In the case of the latter, they all share the same mind.
Shapeshifters can get "stuck" in their animal forms if they stay in them too long and forget about their other self.

Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users