• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NHL 2020-2021 Season HE SHOOTS HE SCOOOOOORES

#241 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 01 April 2019 - 12:03 PM

Flyer are officially out of the playoff run, not a huge surprise. I'll be looking forward to see what they do in the off season. I'm hoping the first major announcement is a new coach.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#242 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:19 PM

Leafs have been playing like trash lately. Just bad defense, goaltending, everything. Tavares and Matthews are still lighting it up, which is good. But overall, not looking like they were earlier in the season.
If we lose to fucking Boston AGAIN in the playoffs I may go insane.
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#243 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 April 2019 - 02:24 PM

My Pittsburgh Penguins into the playoffs for the 13th straight year. Longest active streak in the NHL. I've no strong confidence they will make if far though. We'll see. *FingersCrossed

#244 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:32 AM

Damn, my Penguins opening the 2019 playoffs against the Islanders. Not a push over, but I think we can advance.

Oh boy though, the Leafs got Boston Bruins. @Gintokian You must be worried.

Glad to see Vegas Golden Knights back in the playoffs in their second year as an NHL franchise. I'm going to have to watch their home games when I can. They put on quite the high quality production for pre-game pageantry, and with GoT starting up this Sunday I can only image where they might go with it. If my Penguins falter, I'll be rooting for them and the Colorado Avalanche.

#245 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:56 PM

Damn, overtime loss by my Penguins (3 - 4). Very much a tough fought and 'chippy' opening playoff game against the Islanders, which I think bodes well for my Penguins, as they have the experience to make it through a physical series with the Ws to advance.

#246 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:47 PM

Oho! The leafs are doing surprisingly well so far! They had a super rough end to the season so I was a bit worried, especially against Boston. But they're up 2-1 in the series after a super close game last night. Of course Kadri got suspended for a stupid hit to the head like a moron so that's not great. Let's hope they can finally beat dirty Boston and get to the second round.

#247 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

Good on ya bud. My Penguins could be swept out of the 1st round tonight. *sigh

Well, I still will root for VGK and the Avs. Gotta make sure to catch VGK home games early for that pre-game medieval times fix we all crave.

#248 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:02 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 16 April 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

Good on ya bud. My Penguins could be swept out of the 1st round tonight. *sigh

Well, I still will root for VGK and the Avs. Gotta make sure to catch VGK home games early for that pre-game medieval times fix we all crave.

Damn, didn't realize the pens were that far behind already. Tampa's down in their series too, just goes to show, the regular seasons stats don't mean much when you get to the playoffs

#249 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:07 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 April 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

Tampa Lightning Rods made it to playoffs?

Tampa was in first place for most of the season, they were doing amazing. Their record was crazy during the season and they were they absolute favourites to win the cup.
And now they're eliminated. Just goes to show, the regular season doesn't mean much in the playoffs. Calgary and Pittsburgh are also out and they were top of the league as well.

The Leafs have game 7 tonight against the dirty Boston Bruins, really hoping we can pull it together and win.

#250 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:03 PM

eeeeeeek! @Ginny. Tonight's the night! Is the feeling right? Your Turdrancho Nipple Queefs are Can't-A-Duh's last chance to break the curse that has been in place for a quarter of a century now. The Guinea Pig Pets got eliminated by the St. Louis Blues and Fail Gary flamed out against the Avs. So it's your guys or bust for Canada. Leafs have to beat Boston on their ice, think you can do it?

My Penguins got swept out, so now rooting for who ever wins between Vegas Golden Knights and Colorado Avalanche.
Posted Image

#251 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:48 PM

Oh snap. Toronto out, must be a bummer for our Canadian members. Oh well, there's always next year. Chin up Caknuckle heads. Sip some maple syrup and hug your tuques tight and hold on to faith that next season will be the one.

And I misspoke, I though Vegas Golden Knights won their series, I was wrong. Looks like it's Colorado Avalanche vs. San Jose Sharks. So, I guess I'm all in for the Avs now. Come on Colorado!

#252 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:07 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 24 April 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

Oh snap. Toronto out, must be a bummer for our Canadian members. Oh well, there's always next year. Chin up Caknuckle heads. Sip some maple syrup and hug your tuques tight and hold on to faith that next season will be the one.

And I misspoke, I though Vegas Golden Knights won their series, I was wrong. Looks like it's Colorado Avalanche vs. San Jose Sharks. So, I guess I'm all in for the Avs now. Come on Colorado!

Oh i had a lot more than syrup to drink after that shitshow. It's going to be tough now, because we have a number of good players to resign and only so much money to do it. I have a feeling the team might look quite different next year.

I haven't even been following the other games yet, need to have some separation for a while...

#253 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:47 AM

Yeah man, it's gotta be the pits.

Damn, looking at the teams left, Boston seems like the one to beat. They have a rich history and have been there so many times that having that experience gives them an advantage. I sure hope not. I can't stand any of the professional sports teams from Boston. If they win, you can pretty much stamp them as the best sports city of all time. Boston Red Sox = current champs / New England Patriots = current champs. On top of that, the Boston Celtics (NBA) have a very good chance to advance to the championship series (most likely against Golden State Warriors). They would get beat, but could you imagine if Boston held all the major professional sports titles at once?

#254 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:04 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 April 2019 - 05:47 AM, said:

Damn, looking at the teams left, Boston seems like the one to beat. They have a rich history and have been there so many times that having that experience gives them an advantage. I sure hope not. I can't stand any of the professional sports teams from Boston. If they win, you can pretty much stamp them as the best sports city of all time. Boston Red Sox = current champs / New England Patriots = current champs. On top of that, the Boston Celtics (NBA) have a very good chance to advance to the championship series (most likely against Golden State Warriors). They would get beat, but could you imagine if Boston held all the major professional sports titles at once?

Oh my gosh I would lose my mind. I despise Boston with a fiery passion. The bruins are so dirty and marchand is just the worst person. And when I visited the city last summer the traffic was nuts, even at 2 in the afternoon. Just an altogether terrible place.

#255 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:04 AM

View PostGintokian, on 26 April 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Oh my gosh I would lose my mind. I despise Boston with a fiery passion. The bruins are so dirty and marchand is just the worst person. And when I visited the city last summer the traffic was nuts, even at 2 in the afternoon. Just an altogether terrible place.

Whoa whoa whoa, easy now on Boston. Sure I can't stand the sports teams and the fans are probably some of the most racist in the nation, but Boston has a lot to offer. There is an awesome food scene there and well, Boston has so much history just dripping out of its pours you can let some of the annoyances slide. I mean where would the good ol' U - S of A be without Boston? Also, the traffic complaint can be applied to a lot of major cities in the US.

pahk the cah on Hahvahd Yahd.

#256 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:55 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 April 2019 - 01:04 AM, said:

Whoa whoa whoa, easy now on Boston. Sure I can't stand the sports teams and the fans are probably some of the most racist in the nation, but Boston has a lot to offer. There is an awesome food scene there and well, Boston has so much history just dripping out of its pours you can let some of the annoyances slide. I mean where would the good ol' U - S of A be without Boston? Also, the traffic complaint can be applied to a lot of major cities in the US.

True, but I come from Toronto area, which has the worst highway traffic in the world (apparently) and it was still bad. But the JFK museum was pretty cool I have to admit, and the hotel was decent. Still can't get used to your McDonald's soggy nuggets and sugary hamburgers.

#257 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:36 PM

View PostGintokian, on 30 April 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

True, but I come from Toronto area, which has the worst highway traffic in the world (apparently) and it was still bad. But the JFK museum was pretty cool I have to admit, and the hotel was decent. Still can't get used to your McDonald's soggy nuggets and sugary hamburgers.

Protip: When visiting other countries/cities, do not eat at any national fast food chains, just don't. Unless you have to out of expediency for legit reasons, like on business trip and only have limited time to break away to get something quick to eat.

Instead, research where you are going and talk to the locals and instead eat at quality local spots and experience the local flavor you can only find in those places.

A co-worker of mine took his family on vacation to Mexico once, and because he was so worried about 'Montezuma's revenge' they ate at McDonalds every day (every fucking day!). I just shook my head and tried to explain to him that part of travel and vacation is to experience the local cuisine and that if you do your research, debilitating diarrhea should not be a problem. Fucking hell that was head scratcher when he told me that. What an idiot.

#258 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:06 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 April 2019 - 11:36 PM, said:

Protip: When visiting other countries/cities, do not eat at any national fast food chains, just don't. Unless you have to out of expediency for legit reasons, like on business trip and only have limited time to break away to get something quick to eat.

Instead, research where you are going and talk to the locals and instead eat at quality local spots and experience the local flavor you can only find in those places.

A co-worker of mine took his family on vacation to Mexico once, and because he was so worried about 'Montezuma's revenge' they ate at McDonalds every day (every fucking day!). I just shook my head and tried to explain to him that part of travel and vacation is to experience the local cuisine and that if you do your research, debilitating diarrhea should not be a problem. Fucking hell that was head scratcher when he told me that. What an idiot.

Ha very true, we were just trying to stay super cheap, and your fast food is insanely cheap, like 50% or more cheaper than our mcd's and wendys, which seems kinda messed up to me. But yeah, if we had planned that trip more than 1 week in advance we would have looked more at restaurants and such.
If you go to places like Mexico or other countries there's a drug you can take, think it's called dukoral, that helps with traveller's diarrhea and getting sick from different foods and stuff too, which is super important.

#259 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

View PostGintokian, on 03 May 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 April 2019 - 11:36 PM, said:

Ha very true, we were just trying to stay super cheap, and your fast food is insanely cheap, like 50% or more cheaper than our mcd's and wendys, which seems kinda messed up to me. But yeah, if we had planned that trip more than 1 week in advance we would have looked more at restaurants and such.
If you go to places like Mexico or other countries there's a drug you can take, think it's called dukoral, that helps with traveller's diarrhea and getting sick from different foods and stuff too, which is super important.

Yeah, fast food being too cheap, particularly when it is the only (or very few) option in what are referred to as 'food deserts' is a problem. Big contributor to epidemic of obeseity.

Back to hockey playoffs: Well, Avs are tied 2 to 2, so hoping they can take it from San Jose. All the series are tied 2 to 2 except Carolina and NY Islanders. Looks like Carolina going to sweep that one.

#260 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:25 PM

Well shit. The last team I cared about (Colorado Avalanche) are out.

I probably won't stay up on how West/East conference series go (and eventually championship series). I just hope Boston loses. We cannot have the city of Boston concurrently holding the MLB, NFL and NHL champions title.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users