NHL 2020-2021 Season HE SHOOTS HE SCOOOOOORES

#221 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 24 January 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

View PostGintokian, on 24 January 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 January 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

Yo Ginny! Your boys got the champs tonight (on your home ice!), then all-star break and no action until Feb. 1. This one is on television tonight in my area, so I'm going to try and watch it. Hopefully it will have playoff intensity. You think a win would work wonders in laying the foundation for something the Leafs can build on and gain momentum behind leading up to the playoffs?

Also, what exactly is a Scotiabank?

Did you end up watching it? I missed it but caught the recap, Leafs wrecked them! Kadri got a hat-trick which is great because he hasn't been scoring lately, Matthews broke his slump too. Was a great game to start the break on since they've been having a rough time lately, hoping it will bring them some momentum.

Ha Scotiabank is a bank (Bank of Nova Scotia= Scotiabank) but it's throughout Canada. The arena was called the Air Canada Centre since it was built but I guess Scotiabank bought it last year and the name's changed now to Scotiabank Arena, most people still call it the ACC though.

Missed it sadly. Had some crunch hours piled on at work to try and get a project delivered on time. I see your boys took the win (6-3). Sounds like it must have been a barn burner.

My Penguins enter the all-star break in not a disastrous position in the standing, but I wish they had a few more wins going in to the break. Hopefully they can put the pedal to the metal when they get back to regular action.

Ha! thanks for the 411 on Scotiabank. Posted Image

Np ha. There's still a lot of games left and the pens aren't too far back or anything. Lot's can happen in the last couple months before the playoffs!
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#222 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

The Flyers send Cater Hart down to the Phantoms and pulled up a recently healed Stolarz. It's cool though, they want Hart to get some more games in during the All Star break.

More news on the injury front. Gigantic (6' 7") defense prospect Sam Morin has been cleared for full contact practice after last season's ACL injury. Hopefully he can shake the rust off and earn a place on the Flyers. We could use the size.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#223 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:49 PM

Skills competition as part of the NHL All Star weekend activities kicks off tonight. Any you 'puck heads' gonna watch? The manly man, testosterone coursing through my veins in me savage, wants to watch the 'Hardest Shot' contest. But a lot of the other skills contests require a more nuanced, more skillful hockey repertoire then just hitting the puck the hardest.

#224 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 25 January 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

Skills competition as part of the NHL All Star weekend activities kicks off tonight. Any you 'puck heads' gonna watch? The manly man, testosterone coursing through my veins in me savage, wants to watch the 'Hardest Shot' contest. But a lot of the other skills contests require a more nuanced, more skillful hockey repertoire then just hitting the puck the hardest.

It was pretty fun. Kendall Coyne Schofield did a great job in the skating competition and your boy Gritty won his race too!
Austin Matthews wearing Patrick Marleau's sweater was great, but apparently he said he was so nervous from all the cheers that he forgot there was 5 targets in the shooting competition.

This post has been edited by Gintokian: 28 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

#225 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

View PostGintokian, on 28 January 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

It was pretty fun. Kendall Coyne Schofield did a great job in the skating competition and your boy Gritty won his race too!
Austin Matthews wearing Patrick Marleau's sweater was great, but apparently he said he was so nervous from all the cheers that he forgot there was 5 targets in the shooting competition.

Damn, I missed it. And normally I wouldn't be too bummed out about that except missing out on Gritty. Gonna have do some searchin' to find it. Gritty is my homey!

#226 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 28 January 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

View PostGintokian, on 28 January 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

Damn, I missed it. And normally I wouldn't be too bummed out about that except missing out on Gritty. Gonna have do some searchin' to find it. Gritty is my homey!

https://www.sportsne...n-live-results/

That link has a pretty good recap on the events, including Gritty's victory.

#227 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

Flyers beat the Jets 3-1 last night. Cart Hart had 32 saves. He looked really good. Now the question is, what do we do with Elliot, Neuvy, McKenna, and Stolarz?
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#228 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

I don't intend on posting every time the Flyers win, but a 6 game win streak is pretty huge for them right now. Carter Hart had another solid game.

#229 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:01 PM

So, the Flyers had a milestone moment last night. The recorded their 2,000th win. They are the 1st 67-68 expansion team and 2nd in fewest games to reach 2000.

Carter Hart looked amazing. Stopped 41 of 42 shots one being an amazing diving save.

This post has been edited by acesn8s: 05 February 2019 - 01:02 PM

#230 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:47 PM

I see the Leafs and AM came to an agreement. It's got to feel good locking him down for a few more years.

This post has been edited by acesn8s: 06 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

#231 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:04 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 06 February 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

I see the Leafs and AM came to an agreement. It's got to feel good locking him down for a few more years.

For sure, but it's an interesting deal. Big money but for 5 years which means at that point they'll probably have to offer even more money since he'll likely be getting offers all over (assuming he's still doing good). I'm fairly happy with the deal but there's very little money to sign the other guys they need. Marner is going to command a lot since he's been amazing this year and seems to be only getting better, then there's a few other guys that need to be signed as well. Definitely going to be tough to keep everyone.

#232 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:55 PM

How did everyone's teams make out at the trade deadline?

The Flyers traded Simmonds to the Preds for Hartman and a condition 3/4th rd pick. I'm sad to see Simmer leave, but was pretty much a given. I'm glad to see him with Lavy again. I'll be pulling for the Preds to win it this year.

The Flyers also traded Stolarz to the Oilers for Cam Talbot. I like this trade. It lets the Flyers trim Elliot and Neuvy and put the focus on Hart.

#233 User is offline   Alrin 

• Sergeant

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:06 AM

View Postacesn8s, on 26 February 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

The Flyers also traded Stolarz to the Oilers for Cam Talbot. I like this trade. It lets the Flyers trim Elliot and Neuvy and put the focus on Hart.

It lets the Flyers start a record 8 goalies, which is hilarious.

Bruins did enough at the deadline. I would've loved to have seen a Marchand-Bergeron-Stone line (imagine those CORSI figures?!) but the Sens were never gonna move him within the division. Coyle fills the 3rd line C void we've had all season long and Johansson provides much needed secondary scoring and looked a good fit with Krejci and DeBrusk tonight. I'm satisfied.
"Fuck epiphanies and denouement. Just clobber the structural confines and ramble all over the page."
— Steven Erikson (2008)

#234 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:00 PM

Looking like Talbot will start against the Devils on Friday. Does this count as a humble brag? I'm not sure, it's so confusing!

#235 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:12 PM

Leafs have been having a really rough time lately, not sure what's happening. There's been a number of injuries and illnesses but their healthy players have not looked sharp at all. The defense is awful and goaltending hasn't been much better. Really starting to get worried for the playoffs.

#236 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

Just took a look at the standings, because we are closing in on playoff time. Holy shit, I didn't know the Tampa Bay Lightning were doing so well! Flippin' 58 wins! There isn't even another team close in a all of the NHL. Is it safe to say they are the hands on favorites to hoist the cup this year?

#237 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:31 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 March 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

Just took a look at the standings, because we are closing in on playoff time. Holy shit, I didn't know the Tampa Bay Lightning were doing so well! Flippin' 58 wins! There isn't even another team close in a all of the NHL. Is it safe to say they are the hands on favorites to hoist the cup this year?

Oh yeah definitely, they have been destroying everyone all year so they are the absolute favourites.

But you never know, there was a number of years when washington went into the playoffs in first place and got knocked out the first round, so things can always change once the playoffs start. But it's safe to say Tampa's the team to watch.

#238 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:34 PM

View PostGintokian, on 22 March 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

Oh yeah definitely, they have been destroying everyone all year so they are the absolute favourites.

But you never know, there was a number of years when washington went into the playoffs in first place and got knocked out the first round, so things can always change once the playoffs start. But it's safe to say Tampa's the team to watch.

Yeah man, for sure. With the playoffs everything is dialed up quite a bit, so not a for sure thing Lightning have a walk in the park to win the cup. But yeah, just was sort of put back a bit on how many more wins they have than anyone else.

#239 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:38 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 March 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostGintokian, on 22 March 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

Yeah man, for sure. With the playoffs everything is dialed up quite a bit, so not a for sure thing Lightning have a walk in the park to win the cup. But yeah, just was sort of put back a bit on how many more wins they have than anyone else.

For sure, it's pretty impressive really how well they've done all year, consistently. I know it's not the Leafs year this year but maybe we can win a cup in the next few years.

#240 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:40 PM

Philly is 9 points out of the last Wild Card spot with 6 games left. Even then, they'd be playing Tampa. The rebuild continues. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do to strengthen their 3rd and 4th lines. I think they also need to take a hard look at Defense. Something is really not clicking there. Youth is part of it, but they need something else. From what I've seen, they'll have about $36 million in cap space going into 2019-2020. I'm hoping the Goalie-go-round is solved by Hart and Talbot next season.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users