• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NHL 2020-2021 Season HE SHOOTS HE SCOOOOOORES

#201 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:21 PM

Dayum! That was intense. Chippy AF. Had playoff like intensity. You can tell the two teams hold deep-seated enmity for each other. My guys came away with the W, so I've got the biggest grin on my face. You guys missed a doozy. I'm a little disappointed in you so called 'puckheads'. Do better.

#202 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:53 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 December 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Dayum! That was intense. Chippy AF. Had playoff like intensity. You can tell the two teams hold deep-seated enmity for each other. My guys came away with the W, so I've got the biggest grin on my face. You guys missed a doozy. I'm a little disappointed in you so called 'puckheads'. Do better.

Apologies, but if it's not a Leafs game or the playoffs I tend not to watch, unless it's near the end of the season and the games are important for wildcard/playoff spots.

I know what you mean about the two teams, the Leafs and Bruins are like that, always rough games with lots of hits and penalties. Dirty Boston bastards...
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#203 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:39 PM

View PostGintokian, on 20 December 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 December 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Apologies, but if it's not a Leafs game or the playoffs I tend not to watch, unless it's near the end of the season and the games are important for wildcard/playoff spots.

I know what you mean about the two teams, the Leafs and Bruins are like that, always rough games with lots of hits and penalties. Dirty Boston bastards...

No worries. I'm the same way LOL! The season is just so long and there are so many games, unless a team totally shits the bead, a lot of these games pre all-star break just don't mean much. Unless they are your team, then you like to stay current with how they are doing.

#204 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

Damn the Leafs looked sharp last night. Matthews 2G 2A, Tavares 2G, Reilly 4A, Marner 1G 2A, Kadri 1G 1A. I hope they can keep this up cause damn that was brutal. 3/3 powerplays too

#205 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:54 PM

Yo Ginny! I caught the last period of that game against the NY Rangers. That was a barn burner. Looks like your Turdrauncho Nipple Queefs are legit. They should definitely be in the hunt to hoist the cup at the end of the season, barring no major injuries or other unforeseen circumstances (like just deciding to suck all of a suddenPosted Image).

#206 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

Flyers suck, that is all.

Team is playing flat. I'm betting Simmonds is gone by the trade deadline. He'll make a nice addition to a team with a decent shot at making the 2nd round. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing JVR (unless he'splaying hurt), Voracek, AMAC, and even Ghost get traded at this point. It would suck losing Ghost, but the Flyers D isn't good enough to warrant keeping a defensive sniper on the team.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#207 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 December 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

Yo Ginny! I caught the last period of that game against the NY Rangers. That was a barn burner. Looks like your Turdrauncho Nipple Queefs are legit. They should definitely be in the hunt to hoist the cup at the end of the season, barring no major injuries or other unforeseen circumstances (like just deciding to suck all of a suddenPosted Image).

Yeah they were killing it for a while there, the game against the Islanders was a little (very) rough but they had a lot to prove playing against Tavares and all.
Anderson's hurt now too so that's not good, Sparks is a decent backup but that game proved he doesn't have the same "spark" as Anderson does.

#208 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:51 PM

Well fuck. Just as I say that I get an alert saying Anderson has been moved to the IR and Sparks is in concussion protocol. We are in BIG trouble now, really hope our scoring can get us out of this...

#209 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

View PostGintokian, on 03 January 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Well fuck. Just as I say that I get an alert saying Anderson has been moved to the IR and Sparks is in concussion protocol. We are in BIG trouble now, really hope our scoring can get us out of this...

That''s the thing man. A contact sport (especially like hockey), it's not if key injuries are going to happen but the timing of them. There's still a lot of season left, so hopefully key players injured now can recover in time to assemble the best as the playoffs approach. Just hope it's nothing serious.

#210 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 January 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

That''s the thing man. A contact sport (especially like hockey), it's not if key injuries are going to happen but the timing of them. There's still a lot of season left, so hopefully key players injured now can recover in time to assemble the best as the playoffs approach. Just hope it's nothing serious.

It was a groin injury, which could be deadly for a goalie, just hope they gave him enough time to heal because it looks like he'll be back in the next game. Tavares continues to be on fire scoring goals. Damn I may actually start getting my hopes up for a Stanley cup in the next couple years...

#211 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

View PostGintokian, on 11 January 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 January 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

It was a groin injury, which could be deadly for a goalie, just hope they gave him enough time to heal because it looks like he'll be back in the next game. Tavares continues to be on fire scoring goals. Damn I may actually start getting my hopes up for a Stanley cup in the next couple years...

Yeah man. Them groin injuries are nagging injuries too. LeBron James (L.A. Lakers NBA basketball) injured his groin and has been out of commission for almost 3 weeks now. And his fitness level is world-renowned.

#212 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

It's been a few weeks since I last posted. The Flyers are still struggling. Weal was traded and Weise put on waivers. Carter Hart's save % is .913, which isn't bad at all. I think he could still use more time in the AHL.

I'm waiting for Simmonds to get traded and Lehtera to get locked up.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#213 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

Watching the Washington Capitals v. Chicago Blackhawks game.

Damn, time flies! One of the announcers said the season is already 60% complete, the NHL All-Star Game is this Saturday and the trade deadline is right around the corner. Holy shit, this is the time in the season where the rubber hit the road (or the ice if you will <<<< see what I did there? Posted Image). If your team is going to make a run, better have injuries on the mend and lines/positions buttoned up, and a cohesive unit to give yourself a chance.

#214 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 January 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Damn, time flies! One of the announcers said the season is already 60% complete, the NHL All-Star Game is this Saturday and the trade deadline is right around the corner. Holy shit, this is the time in the season where the rubber hit the road (or the ice if you will <<<< see what I did there? Posted Image). If your team is going to make a run, better have injuries on the mend and lines/positions buttoned up, and a cohesive unit to give yourself a chance.

Yeah everything's heating up now, getting more competitive. The Leafs players seem to be dropping like flies with a new injuries every game. They haven't been playing well lately either, better shape up or we're in trouble.

#215 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:08 PM

View PostGintokian, on 21 January 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 January 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Yeah everything's heating up now, getting more competitive. The Leafs players seem to be dropping like flies with a new injuries every game. They haven't been playing well lately either, better shape up or we're in trouble.

The all-star break is pretty extensive, right? (like no regularly scheduled games this week or next?) So hopefully your guys can convalesce and heal up and recharge their batteries to hit it hard when action starts up again.

#216 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

The Flyers can't even tank properly! They've won 3 in a row. The younglings are starting to adapt and Carter Hart is playing really well (all things considered). I don't see him getting sent down to the Phantoms any time soon.

#217 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 21 January 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

The Flyers can't even tank properly! They've won 3 in a row. The younglings are starting to adapt and Carter Hart is playing really well (all things considered). I don't see him getting sent down to the Phantoms any time soon.

Ha that's a frustrating place to be in, far enough down that there's no playoff hopes, but not so far down that you have a good chance at the lottery draft. Leafs fans know that well (past 30 years except the last 2)

#218 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:38 PM

Yo Ginny! Your boys got the champs tonight (on your home ice!), then all-star break and no action until Feb. 1. This one is on television tonight in my area, so I'm going to try and watch it. Hopefully it will have playoff intensity. You think a win would work wonders in laying the foundation for something the Leafs can build on and gain momentum behind leading up to the playoffs?

Also, what exactly is a Scotiabank?

#219 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:46 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 January 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

Yo Ginny! Your boys got the champs tonight (on your home ice!), then all-star break and no action until Feb. 1. This one is on television tonight in my area, so I'm going to try and watch it. Hopefully it will have playoff intensity. You think a win would work wonders in laying the foundation for something the Leafs can build on and gain momentum behind leading up to the playoffs?

Did you end up watching it? I missed it but caught the recap, Leafs wrecked them! Kadri got a hat-trick which is great because he hasn't been scoring lately, Matthews broke his slump too. Was a great game to start the break on since they've been having a rough time lately, hoping it will bring them some momentum.

Ha Scotiabank is a bank (Bank of Nova Scotia= Scotiabank) but it's throughout Canada. The arena was called the Air Canada Centre since it was built but I guess Scotiabank bought it last year and the name's changed now to Scotiabank Arena, most people still call it the ACC though.

#220 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

View PostGintokian, on 24 January 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 January 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

Did you end up watching it? I missed it but caught the recap, Leafs wrecked them! Kadri got a hat-trick which is great because he hasn't been scoring lately, Matthews broke his slump too. Was a great game to start the break on since they've been having a rough time lately, hoping it will bring them some momentum.

Ha Scotiabank is a bank (Bank of Nova Scotia= Scotiabank) but it's throughout Canada. The arena was called the Air Canada Centre since it was built but I guess Scotiabank bought it last year and the name's changed now to Scotiabank Arena, most people still call it the ACC though.

Missed it sadly. Had some crunch hours piled on at work to try and get a project delivered on time. I see your boys took the win (6-3). Sounds like it must have been a barn burner.

My Penguins enter the all-star break in not a disastrous position in the standing, but I wish they had a few more wins going in to the break. Hopefully they can put the pedal to the metal when they get back to regular action.

Ha! thanks for the 411 on Scotiabank. Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users