• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NHL 2020-2021 Season HE SHOOTS HE SCOOOOOORES

#61 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:03 PM

My mom used choo choo train when I was difficult during feeding (most recently yesterday at lunch). For example: "open the tunnel, here comes the choo choo".

In other news.

Canada claims hockey is their sport, yet haven't hoisted the cup since 1993. Says all there needs to be said. Do better, kay?
We even owned your asses in your other proclaimed national sport. Made you our bitches in curling at the Winter Olympics. Try harder, kay?

Oh, and our women's national team bitch slapped your women's national team for the gold at the Olympics also. To be the man/woman, you have to beat the man/woman, kay?

#62 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:12 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 May 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

...To be the man/woman, you have to beat the man/woman, kay?

Whereas to be a dick apparently you just have to show up.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#63 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

My mom used choo choo train when I was difficult during feeding (most recently yesterday at lunch). For example: "open the tunnel, here comes the choo choo".

In other news.

Canada claims hockey is their sport, yet haven't hoisted the cup since 1993. Says all there needs to be said. Do better, kay?
We even owned your asses in your other proclaimed national sport. Made you our bitches in curling at the Winter Olympics. Try harder, kay?

Oh, and our women's national team bitch slapped your women's national team for the gold at the Olympics also. To be the man/woman, you have to beat the man/woman, kay?

Just so you know the majority of the players on your american teams are Canadian, just cause one of our teams hasn't hoisted the cup doesn't mean hundreds of Canadians haven't.

The US won 1/3 curling gold medals, so did Canada, so I wouldn't call that making us your bitch, if anything we made each other bitches since we both got 1 gold medal.

As for hockey, the women's team just felt bad as the americans hadn't won since 1998...
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#64 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:23 PM

View PostBriar King, on 03 May 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

That is the one game of hockey I will make sure to watch. Could careless about the men's game.

Jakovasrus..

In the Olympics? Yes, those are usually fun. I didn't watch any of the men's this year since none of the NHL players were allowed in, which was ridiculous. I really hope next Olympics they can work something out to get the NHL players back in.
I feel bad for the guys that are great players but aren't on good teams that may never win a Stanley cup, this is their chance to win something big.

#65 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:33 PM

View PostAbyss, on 03 May 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

...To be the man/woman, you have to beat the man/woman, kay?

Whereas to be a dick apparently you just have to show up.

Whoa there. Sensitive are we? Dish it out but can't take it much? Relax dude, it's just hockey. Everyone knows Canada is good at it.

In other news.

Come on Penguins and Golden Knights!

#66 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

View PostGintokian, on 03 May 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

In other news.

Just so you know the majority of the players on your american teams are Canadian, just cause one of our teams hasn't hoisted the cup doesn't mean hundreds of Canadians haven't.

They've raised the cup for a city located in the best country on the planet. They are traders and should be tracked down by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, brought back and tried for treason, high crimes and misdemeanors.

#67 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:52 PM

Hey man everyone knows not to fuck with the RCMP. Your federal agents wear suits and trench coats where ours wear badass red jackets with big rimmed hats amd ride dope ass horses solving real shit, like that multi million dollar maple syrup heist and the big parmesan cheese robbery.

#68 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

#69 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:11 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 May 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

.... Sensitive are we? Dish it out but can't take it much? ...

Back atcha, tough guy.

#70 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:21 AM

Not sure any of us were dishing anything out unless your actually Gary Bettman which is possible from the reaction...

View PostBriar King, on 04 May 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

Not like I know who this is but I just saw an announcement that Bill Torrey died last night.

Will probably watch a bit of Predators(cool name! Any good? I love the city of Nashville. Been quite a few times. The Batman building is cool!) v. Jets here shortly.

The predators have gotten really good in the last few years, they were bad for a long time but lately they've been really good!

#71 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:00 AM

View PostBriar King, on 04 May 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

It’s like watching the Steelers on ice.

Ha I have no idea if that's good or bad

#72 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:54 AM

View PostAbyss, on 04 May 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 May 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

.... Sensitive are we? Dish it out but can't take it much? ...

Back atcha, tough guy.

I didn't take it to the level of personal attacks, chief. It's sports.If we can't give each other a friendly ribbing over sports, well then that's why we can't have nice things, know what I'm sayin' ? Take the emotion out of it and just have fun with it. Believe me, if the playoffs were packed with teams from Canada and you were talking shit, I'd appreciate how much of a good time you were having.

Remember guys. Don't hate, instead celebrate and congratulate. #HaveFunAndSmile,Kay? #HowDoYouLikeThemApples

#73 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:41 AM

Wow I did say these series were going to be close, 3/4 are not tied 2-2. I just hope boston gets smoked in their next couple games and Winnipeg keeps winning

#74 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 May 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

I didn't take it to the level of personal attacks, chief. ..

You considered that a deeply personal attack, chief? With the amount of shit you talk upthread and elseforum, i'm astounded.

Anyhoo, back to the sports.... your teams all suck AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.

Nice to see Winnipeg still in it... i can't help it, even when they;'re strong i always think of the Jets as an underdog. At 2-2... gah.
Knights v Sharks is good hockey. Still want to see Vegas pull off another upset.
Lightning v Bruins ... i have no dog in this fight or Caps Pens, really.

#75 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

View PostAbyss, on 04 May 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 May 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

I didn't take it to the level of personal attacks, chief. ..

You considered that a deeply personal attack, chief? With the amount of shit you talk upthread and elseforum, i'm astounded.

Well, you did call me a dick. I've never resorted to play ground name calling. Just a friendly ribbing about how shitty Canada is of late at stuff, that's all. Y'all need to get a thick skin and fire back with a well thought out retort, that doesn't make it personal. Maybe something like - "oh yeah, well the USA's syrup is sub-standard and I wouldn't poor it on an ant hill". See, something like that. No personal attacks, just friendly ribbing.

In other news...

Oh, I gonna talk tons of shit when Vegas wins it all. Believe you me.

Penguins still my historic favorite though, but they've hoisted the cup two years in a row now. Time for someone else. Certainly won't be the Winnepig Pets. No Can't-a-Duh team will ever hoist the cup ever again. I know it, I can see into the future.

Oh and guys, as always I want to leave you with this: Have fun and smile, kay? Is it really that bad on this forum to get so worked up and mad? Life should be so hard right? Don't hate, too much hate in society today. Instead, celebrate and congratulate, kay. If the Winniepig Pets do win, i'll be happy for you guys and congratulate you.

#76 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:46 PM

Lightning v Bruins ... i have no dog in this fight

Boston beat out the leafs, and Marchand is an asshole, so default should always be cheering against the Bruins.

Still blows my mind that Vegas got this far, I wouldn't mind if they won just for the players sake. They were all discarded by their previous teams and were thought to do terrible so I imagine it feels pretty good to make it further than most.

#77 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

View PostGintokian, on 04 May 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

Boston beat out the leafs, and Marchand is an asshole, so default should always be cheering against the Bruins.

Still blows my mind that Vegas got this far, I wouldn't mind if they won just for the players sake. They were all discarded by their previous teams and were thought to do terrible so I imagine it feels pretty good to make it further than most.

Boston has Zdeno Chára. You step to him you better have your big boy pants on, know what I'm sayin' ?
Posted Image

#78 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 May 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

View PostGintokian, on 04 May 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

Boston has Zdeno Chára. You step to him you better have your big boy pants on, know what I'm sayin' ?

He hit Morgan Reilly in the face with a 130km/hr slapper in game 7, he started bleeding all over. I'm amazed he was able to come back the next period, face looked brutal though, sewn/glued up but still bleeding. Man, hockey players can really play through the pain.
Other players have played entire series with broken toes, fingers, torn ACLs, it's pretty crazy.

#79 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

View PostGintokian, on 04 May 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

He hit Morgan Reilly in the face with a 130km/hr slapper in game 7, he started bleeding all over. I'm amazed he was able to come back the next period, face looked brutal though, sewn/glued up but still bleeding. Man, hockey players can really play through the pain.
Other players have played entire series with broken toes, fingers, torn ACLs, it's pretty crazy.

Yeah man. I would say as far as team sports go, hockey has the toughest/grittiest athletes. Rugby gets a close second. Everyone thinks that NFL is tough, but they have way too many pads and the game today with all the rules is barely one step above flag football, tbh.

#80 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:28 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 May 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

View PostGintokian, on 04 May 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

Yeah man. I would say as far as team sports go, hockey has the toughest/grittiest athletes. Rugby gets a close second. Everyone thinks that NFL is tough, but they have way too many pads and the game today with all the rules is barely one step above flag football, tbh.

I agree. People think the NFL is so tough because of all the concussion controversy, but that's just because they're always running into each other with their heads. In terms of full on toughness I for sure agree hockey is the toughest because unless your bones are snapped and you can't stand, or you have a full concussion, you're coming out to play. How many other sports allow you to full on fist fight repeatedly punching each other in the face until one of you falls down?

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users