• You cannot reply to this topic

NHL 2018-2019 Season Let's go motherpuckers

#41 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:57 PM

Abyss, on 24 April 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

Gintokian, on 24 April 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

The Leafs win again, going to game seven! Didn't play very well but they won and that's all that matters. This series is playing out eerily similar to the last time they played Boston in the playoffs which makes me nervous.

As it should, but yeah, this turned into far more of a contest than i expect..

Like I said, you just gotta have faith, and I have faith that the leafs won't choke and blow it again in this game 7. We have Anderson, now if only the rest of the team could help him out and get the puck out of their own zone...

They totally have a shot, tho San Jose does tend to shine in playoffs.

For sure, it should be a fun series to watch.
Still weird to see the Sharks without Marleau though but I'm happy he's on the leafs, he's been fantastic this year.
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#42 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:29 AM

Well shit

#43 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• God

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:22 AM

They gave it the ol' college try. Sucks to be Toronto.

To cheer you up here is a picture of Damian Lewis in full makeup as your former, loser, fat ass of a mayor Rob Ford.

LINK

Posted Image

#44 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:22 PM

Wow that is terrifying. Although technically he was never really my mayor, I'm from a town outside Toronto so it's slightly less embarrassing for me...

And as terribly disappointed as I am that the Leafs lost it may be for the best as I'm pretty sure the leafs making it to the second round is one of the signs of the apocalypse. As I was getting on the train last night I saw four horseman riding towards Maple Leaf Square last night so I was a little nervous.

#45 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:29 PM

Gintokian, on 26 April 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Wow that is terrifying. Although technically he was never really my mayor, I'm from a town outside Toronto so it's slightly less embarrassing for me...

And as terribly disappointed as I am that the Leafs lost it may be for the best as I'm pretty sure the leafs making it to the second round is one of the signs of the apocalypse. As I was getting on the train last night I saw four horseman riding towards Maple Leaf Square last night so I was a little nervous.

Those were just the mounted crowd control cops, don't sweat it. If that's the sign we should be ok for a while.

...tho i admit i was semi-cheering them on in a small side compartment of my brain that i mostly ignore....
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#46 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:17 PM

Abyss, on 26 April 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Gintokian, on 26 April 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Those were just the mounted crowd control cops, don't sweat it. If that's the sign we should be ok for a while.

...tho i admit i was semi-cheering them on in a small side compartment of my brain that i mostly ignore....

You're probably right, although one of them had a black hood and a sword strapped to his back and his horse had glowing red eyes, but it's probably just the new police uniform.

Of course you were cheering, every GTA Ontarion has that compartment in their brains, some just accept their true selves where others try to deny who they know they really are.

#47 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• God

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:50 PM

Well, if you like basketball (which I doubt anyone on Malazanempire do) then you can still root for the Toronto Raptors. They are up 3 games to 2 on the Washington Wizards.

I'm just like DeRozan, if I shoot it, it goes in

#48 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:01 PM

Malankazooie, on 26 April 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Well, if you like basketball (which I doubt anyone on Malazanempire do) then you can still root for the Toronto Raptors. They are up 3 games to 2 on the Washington Wizards.

I'm just like DeRozan, if I shoot it, it goes in

Yeah I saw that they won last night. I don't mind basketball but I have a hard time getting into it, there's just so many baskets scored they don't mean much, where in hockey/baseball each goal/run are important. Plus a lot of the time it's only the last few minutes that matter in basketball.
I do have the Jays still too but I don't have a lot of hope after last season, although they're doing pretty well right now.

#49 User is offline   20 Days of Sheep 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:34 PM

Watching Pittsburgh at D.C.

2nd Round game 1.

Sharks at Golden Knights afterwards.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#50 User is offline   20 Days of Sheep 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:28 AM

How long is this process? How many rounds/games before the Cup game?

#51 User is offline   20 Days of Sheep 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:28 AM

Damn the Knights are already 3 in halfway in 1st. I wasnít watching.

#52 User is offline   20 Days of Sheep 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:31 AM

4-0 now

#53 User is offline   20 Days of Sheep 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:17 AM

5-0

#54 User is offline   20 Days of Sheep 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:21 AM

Damn man 6-0 in 3rd. Thought it would be this during last seconds of 2nd but they didnít count the score.

With my EXTREMELY limited hockey exp this seems like a high score game.

Ummmm 7-0

This post has been edited by Briar King: 27 April 2018 - 04:23 AM

#55 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:38 PM

Briar King, on 27 April 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

How long is this process? How many rounds/games before the Cup game?

There are 3 best of 7 rounds to determine which two teams play in the finals. The finals are also a best of 7 set.

Briar King, on 27 April 2018 - 04:21 AM, said:

Damn man 6-0 in 3rd. Thought it would be this during last seconds of 2nd but they didn't count the score.

With my EXTREMELY limited hockey exp this seems like a high score game.

Ummmm 7-0

I saw that, and yes it is a very high scoring game, especially when you're able to shut the other team out it's pretty amazing frankly. San Jose's a really good team too so to win game one 7-0 is a big deal.

#56 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• God

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:13 PM

Awwww Shucky Ducky! Vegas racks up another record. And my sentimental favs - Penguins - won too.

Come on GKs!

Do you guys think that the Vegas odds makers favor the Golden Knights more then they probably should? You know, giving them extra favorability cause they are the home town team?

#57 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:22 PM

Malankazooie, on 27 April 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

Awwww Shucky Ducky! Vegas racks up another record. And my sentimental favs - Penguins - won too.

Come on GKs!

Do you guys think that the Vegas odds makers favor the Golden Knights more then they probably should? You know, giving them extra favorability cause they are the home town team?

Ha it is possible, i'm not sure what kind of rules and regulations they have to follow, but I'd imagine they could get into trouble for misrepresenting the odds, also called fraud.
Besides wouldn't increasing the odds that Vegas wins reduce the amount of money you make for betting on Vegas? (I have no idea how this type of gambling works)

#58 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• God

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:32 PM

Gintokian, on 27 April 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Come on GKs!

Ha it is possible, i'm not sure what kind of rules and regulations they have to follow, but I'd imagine they could get into trouble for misrepresenting the odds, also called fraud.
Besides wouldn't increasing the odds that Vegas wins reduce the amount of money you make for betting on Vegas? (I have no idea how this type of gambling works)

Not sure how it works myself, tbh. I think the betting can swing either way and Vegas is just there to present you the odds. But I do think that it taking Vegas this long to get a professional sports team has been due to the nature of the city - gambling. I think the governing bodies that over see each professional sport may have been sour to Vegas having a team. That seems to have changed now due to technology and the growth/popularity of fantasy sports gambling. Las Vegas has the Golden Knights (NHL Hockey) and I think this year is when the Oakland Raiders (NFL Football) will move to Vegas .... which will be weird.

#59 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

Malankazooie, on 27 April 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Gintokian, on 27 April 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Come on GKs!

Not sure how it works myself, tbh. I think the betting can swing either way and Vegas is just there to present you the odds. But I do think that it taking Vegas this long to get a professional sports team has been due to the nature of the city - gambling. I think the governing bodies that over see each professional sport may have been sour to Vegas having a team. That seems to have changed now due to technology and the growth/popularity of fantasy sports gambling. Las Vegas has the Golden Knights (NHL Hockey) and I think this year is when the Oakland Raiders (NFL Football) will move to Vegas .... which will be weird.

From what I've seen in television shows, it seems that when the odds your team/horse/dog will win are very low, you stand to win more money since it's less likely they will win. Again, I have no idea if this is true but as we all know it's always good to believe everything you see on tv.

#60 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• God

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

Yeah, that's how it works. When Mike Tyson fought Buster Douglas for example, the odds were overwhelmingly in favor of Tyson winning. Douglas won however, so if you placed your money on him, your winnings were much greater. That's the example I always hear cited when talking about betting. In other words, the experienced betters will always say "if only I had betted on Douglas"

In other news - and back to hockey discussion.

Com on Golden Knights!

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users