• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NHL 2018-2019 Season Let's go motherpuckers

#301 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:51 PM

Well fuck. Just as I say that I get an alert saying Anderson has been moved to the IR and Sparks is in concussion protocol. We are in BIG trouble now, really hope our scoring can get us out of this...
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#302 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

View PostGintokian, on 03 January 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Well fuck. Just as I say that I get an alert saying Anderson has been moved to the IR and Sparks is in concussion protocol. We are in BIG trouble now, really hope our scoring can get us out of this...

That''s the thing man. A contact sport (especially like hockey), it's not if key injuries are going to happen but the timing of them. There's still a lot of season left, so hopefully key players injured now can recover in time to assemble the best as the playoffs approach. Just hope it's nothing serious.

#303 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 January 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

That''s the thing man. A contact sport (especially like hockey), it's not if key injuries are going to happen but the timing of them. There's still a lot of season left, so hopefully key players injured now can recover in time to assemble the best as the playoffs approach. Just hope it's nothing serious.

It was a groin injury, which could be deadly for a goalie, just hope they gave him enough time to heal because it looks like he'll be back in the next game. Tavares continues to be on fire scoring goals. Damn I may actually start getting my hopes up for a Stanley cup in the next couple years...

#304 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

View PostGintokian, on 11 January 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 January 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

It was a groin injury, which could be deadly for a goalie, just hope they gave him enough time to heal because it looks like he'll be back in the next game. Tavares continues to be on fire scoring goals. Damn I may actually start getting my hopes up for a Stanley cup in the next couple years...

Yeah man. Them groin injuries are nagging injuries too. LeBron James (L.A. Lakers NBA basketball) injured his groin and has been out of commission for almost 3 weeks now. And his fitness level is world-renowned.

#305 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

It's been a few weeks since I last posted. The Flyers are still struggling. Weal was traded and Weise put on waivers. Carter Hart's save % is .913, which isn't bad at all. I think he could still use more time in the AHL.

I'm waiting for Simmonds to get traded and Lehtera to get locked up.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#306 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

Watching the Washington Capitals v. Chicago Blackhawks game.

Damn, time flies! One of the announcers said the season is already 60% complete, the NHL All-Star Game is this Saturday and the trade deadline is right around the corner. Holy shit, this is the time in the season where the rubber hit the road (or the ice if you will <<<< see what I did there? Posted Image). If your team is going to make a run, better have injuries on the mend and lines/positions buttoned up, and a cohesive unit to give yourself a chance.

#307 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 January 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Damn, time flies! One of the announcers said the season is already 60% complete, the NHL All-Star Game is this Saturday and the trade deadline is right around the corner. Holy shit, this is the time in the season where the rubber hit the road (or the ice if you will <<<< see what I did there? Posted Image). If your team is going to make a run, better have injuries on the mend and lines/positions buttoned up, and a cohesive unit to give yourself a chance.

Yeah everything's heating up now, getting more competitive. The Leafs players seem to be dropping like flies with a new injuries every game. They haven't been playing well lately either, better shape up or we're in trouble.

#308 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:08 PM

View PostGintokian, on 21 January 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 January 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Yeah everything's heating up now, getting more competitive. The Leafs players seem to be dropping like flies with a new injuries every game. They haven't been playing well lately either, better shape up or we're in trouble.

The all-star break is pretty extensive, right? (like no regularly scheduled games this week or next?) So hopefully your guys can convalesce and heal up and recharge their batteries to hit it hard when action starts up again.

#309 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

The Flyers can't even tank properly! They've won 3 in a row. The younglings are starting to adapt and Carter Hart is playing really well (all things considered). I don't see him getting sent down to the Phantoms any time soon.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#310 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 21 January 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

The Flyers can't even tank properly! They've won 3 in a row. The younglings are starting to adapt and Carter Hart is playing really well (all things considered). I don't see him getting sent down to the Phantoms any time soon.

Ha that's a frustrating place to be in, far enough down that there's no playoff hopes, but not so far down that you have a good chance at the lottery draft. Leafs fans know that well (past 30 years except the last 2)

#311 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:38 PM

Yo Ginny! Your boys got the champs tonight (on your home ice!), then all-star break and no action until Feb. 1. This one is on television tonight in my area, so I'm going to try and watch it. Hopefully it will have playoff intensity. You think a win would work wonders in laying the foundation for something the Leafs can build on and gain momentum behind leading up to the playoffs?

Also, what exactly is a Scotiabank?

#312 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:46 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 January 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

Yo Ginny! Your boys got the champs tonight (on your home ice!), then all-star break and no action until Feb. 1. This one is on television tonight in my area, so I'm going to try and watch it. Hopefully it will have playoff intensity. You think a win would work wonders in laying the foundation for something the Leafs can build on and gain momentum behind leading up to the playoffs?

Did you end up watching it? I missed it but caught the recap, Leafs wrecked them! Kadri got a hat-trick which is great because he hasn't been scoring lately, Matthews broke his slump too. Was a great game to start the break on since they've been having a rough time lately, hoping it will bring them some momentum.

Ha Scotiabank is a bank (Bank of Nova Scotia= Scotiabank) but it's throughout Canada. The arena was called the Air Canada Centre since it was built but I guess Scotiabank bought it last year and the name's changed now to Scotiabank Arena, most people still call it the ACC though.

#313 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

View PostGintokian, on 24 January 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

Did you end up watching it? I missed it but caught the recap, Leafs wrecked them! Kadri got a hat-trick which is great because he hasn't been scoring lately, Matthews broke his slump too. Was a great game to start the break on since they've been having a rough time lately, hoping it will bring them some momentum.

Ha Scotiabank is a bank (Bank of Nova Scotia= Scotiabank) but it's throughout Canada. The arena was called the Air Canada Centre since it was built but I guess Scotiabank bought it last year and the name's changed now to Scotiabank Arena, most people still call it the ACC though.

Missed it sadly. Had some crunch hours piled on at work to try and get a project delivered on time. I see your boys took the win (6-3). Sounds like it must have been a barn burner.

My Penguins enter the all-star break in not a disastrous position in the standing, but I wish they had a few more wins going in to the break. Hopefully they can put the pedal to the metal when they get back to regular action.

Ha! thanks for the 411 on Scotiabank. Posted Image

#314 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 24 January 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

View PostGintokian, on 24 January 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

Missed it sadly. Had some crunch hours piled on at work to try and get a project delivered on time. I see your boys took the win (6-3). Sounds like it must have been a barn burner.

My Penguins enter the all-star break in not a disastrous position in the standing, but I wish they had a few more wins going in to the break. Hopefully they can put the pedal to the metal when they get back to regular action.

Ha! thanks for the 411 on Scotiabank. Posted Image

Np ha. There's still a lot of games left and the pens aren't too far back or anything. Lot's can happen in the last couple months before the playoffs!

#315 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

The Flyers send Cater Hart down to the Phantoms and pulled up a recently healed Stolarz. It's cool though, they want Hart to get some more games in during the All Star break.

More news on the injury front. Gigantic (6' 7") defense prospect Sam Morin has been cleared for full contact practice after last season's ACL injury. Hopefully he can shake the rust off and earn a place on the Flyers. We could use the size.

#316 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:49 PM

Skills competition as part of the NHL All Star weekend activities kicks off tonight. Any you 'puck heads' gonna watch? The manly man, testosterone coursing through my veins in me savage, wants to watch the 'Hardest Shot' contest. But a lot of the other skills contests require a more nuanced, more skillful hockey repertoire then just hitting the puck the hardest.

#317 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 25 January 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

Skills competition as part of the NHL All Star weekend activities kicks off tonight. Any you 'puck heads' gonna watch? The manly man, testosterone coursing through my veins in me savage, wants to watch the 'Hardest Shot' contest. But a lot of the other skills contests require a more nuanced, more skillful hockey repertoire then just hitting the puck the hardest.

It was pretty fun. Kendall Coyne Schofield did a great job in the skating competition and your boy Gritty won his race too!
Austin Matthews wearing Patrick Marleau's sweater was great, but apparently he said he was so nervous from all the cheers that he forgot there was 5 targets in the shooting competition.

This post has been edited by Gintokian: 28 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

#318 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

View PostGintokian, on 28 January 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

It was pretty fun. Kendall Coyne Schofield did a great job in the skating competition and your boy Gritty won his race too!
Austin Matthews wearing Patrick Marleau's sweater was great, but apparently he said he was so nervous from all the cheers that he forgot there was 5 targets in the shooting competition.

Damn, I missed it. And normally I wouldn't be too bummed out about that except missing out on Gritty. Gonna have do some searchin' to find it. Gritty is my homey!

#319 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 28 January 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

View PostGintokian, on 28 January 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

Damn, I missed it. And normally I wouldn't be too bummed out about that except missing out on Gritty. Gonna have do some searchin' to find it. Gritty is my homey!

https://www.sportsne...n-live-results/

That link has a pretty good recap on the events, including Gritty's victory.

#320 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

Flyers beat the Jets 3-1 last night. Cart Hart had 32 saves. He looked really good. Now the question is, what do we do with Elliot, Neuvy, McKenna, and Stolarz?

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users