Malazan Empire: Why someone does nothing to prevent a certain resurrection? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why someone does nothing to prevent a certain resurrection?

#1 User is offline   RandalThorres 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:11 AM

1st at all,sorry for my bad English…

I just readGardens of the Moon yesterday, and I have one question… Why Anomander did nothingto prevent the Jaghut resurrection? He known from the beginning that Lorn wason pursuit of this. Even so, he only wait to Silanah does the work…

I believethat he did not wanted to fight with Jaghut because he known that Lorn had ademon to be unleashed on Darujhistan.

Thank you!

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

Yes indeed. Anomander hopes that Silanah and the other 4 dragons would be enough to deal with Raest (and they almost were!), while Anomander himself holds back because he will need his full strength to defeat the Galayn Lord that Lorn unleashes.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

Lorn was hoping Anomander would have to fight Raest and thus be weakened before he had to fight the demon lord.

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

MODGOD NOTICE OF SLIGHT THREAD TITLE EDIT TO KEEP SPOILERS UNSPOILED

From the start of the book we see Anomander is reluctant to step into a full frontal confrontation with the Malazan Empire. As we saw at the beginning at Pale, he's not certain he can win.

He didn't know exactly where and how Lorn would act, but even if he could have found out, he would have hesitated. On the other hand, he seems reasonably confident that he can take out the one Jaghut, assuming his sidekick dragon and four draconic shapeshifters can't do the job.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   RandalThorres 

• Recruit

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:14 AM

Abyss, on 09 April 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

From the start of the book we see Anomander is reluctant to step into a full frontal confrontation with the Malazan Empire. As we saw at the beginning at Pale, he's not certain he can win.

He didn't know exactly where and how Lorn would act, but even if he could have found out, he would have hesitated. On the other hand, he seems reasonably confident that he can take out the one Jaghut, assuming his sidekick dragon and four draconic shapeshifters can't do the job.

Ups, sorry for the spoiler ... in the post title ... I thought that in this section was GotM spoilers free, sorry: /

And thanks !! : D

I read, to add, that Anomander does not prevent it because he know that he can defeat the Jaghut, as Abyss says, for this reason he prefer that Lorn unleash him now that Anomander is in da hood, and not in any other circumstance that no one could defeat him.

#6 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

RandalThorres, on 10 April 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Abyss, on 09 April 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

Ups, sorry for the spoiler ... in the post title ... I thought that in this section was GotM spoilers free, sorry: /

And thanks !! : D

I read, to add, that Anomander does not prevent it because he know that he can defeat the Jaghut, as Abyss says, for this reason he prefer that Lorn unleash him now that Anomander is in da hood, and not in any other circumstance that no one could defeat him.

It sort of is, but thread titles still appear on the front page of the forum. Therefore, never any spoilers in thread titles :D
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users