• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#4401 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:10 PM

:p I forgot my USB stick at home, so I don't have the action card draw deck with me to tell you your new ACs. None of the next ten or so were Riders though, so all of you that'll be stuck waiting for most of today can know that you won't be receiving one of those.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4402 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:13 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 June 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 June 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Deal's still on the table if you'll move the A wormhole.

Doesn't that play into Khell's hands though?

I mean, maybe? Or it makes it so that Twelve and Morgoth have to deal with him.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4403 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:14 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 June 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

Okay so Torquan or zeraj something for B wormhole I think. No offers on table other than Khells and we cannot trade anything right now. if

IH any objections? Tapper?

I'd appreciate it if you didn't place it in one of my systems!

The logical place for me would be to put it into one of the empty hexes near khell and twelves home system. That gives plenty of options to anyone who fancies taking a pop at the home system of the two points leaders to prevent a win.

#4404 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 14 June 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

Okay so Torquan or zeraj something for B wormhole I think. No offers on table other than Khells and we cannot trade anything right now. if

The logical place for me would be to put it into one of the empty hexes near khell and twelves home system. That gives plenty of options to anyone who fancies taking a pop at the home system of the two points leaders to prevent a win.

Do you have your racial PN? I'd have that for your choice of wormhole placement.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4405 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

Just read it again and looks like you need it to contain a planet. I still think somewhere that gives people a shot at twelve/khell/morgoths homeworld would be the smart move, so just below khells homeworld maybe.

#4406 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 June 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Do you have your racial PN? I'd have that for your choice of wormhole placement.

My racial PN is worth a whole lot more than a wormhole placement! Not that bothered about choosing where it goes. Having it near my homeworld would be slightly annoying but not too big a deal. Not really interested in buying it.

Honestly I was expecting you to use it for yourself and stick it in abyz fria so you could move that warsun on to khells homeworld/fleet

#4407 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 14 June 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 14 June 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

My racial PN is worth a whole lot more than a wormhole placement! Not that bothered about choosing where it goes. Having it near my homeworld would be slightly annoying but not too big a deal. Not really interested in buying it.

Honestly I was expecting you to use it for yourself and stick it in abyz fria so you could move that warsun on to khells homeworld/fleet

I wouldn't take something you thought important, I mean I'm not a leader here and a bit of teamwork would not go amiss. You choose placement and I choose a card, most likely a stall tactic than anything else. It's not like we are attacking each other.

#4408 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

You have 11 cards available to you and I doubt you'd get through half of them by the time this game finishes.

#4409 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

IH if you are worried about me seeing all of your cards, how about exchanging ceasefire PN's too, or you only showing me like 7/11 cards? So you keep back the ones you deem the good stuff.

#4410 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:34 PM

You guys are idiots if you focus on me. I'm not just saying that to get you to not do it.

I am no longer the points leader and will not be claiming the Lead from the Front VP to tie with Twelve, so.

I will not be claiming any secret objectives - ever. You want proof? Here, these are my secret objectives:

1) Research 4 techs in the same colour. Until last round, I misread this as research 4 techs, one in EACH colour, so have been going about it all wrong. I was going to research Plasma Scoring last round, thinking I would get the SO, before D'rek pointed out my error.

2) Kill Fighters with Anti-Fighter Barrage. I do not have any Destroyers and am unlikely to ever have any Destroyers. So.

Yes, I could get the 2VP PO next round, which would put me on 9, and still AT LEAST one more round away from winning. Looking through the other 2VP POs, I am extremely unlikely/impossible to ever be able to get them. So what does that leave me with? Lead from the Front again. Let's say I get that, that's 10VP. STILL another round away from winning. I don't have the tokens to spare to draw another Secret Objective which is just going to be impossible for me to achieve anyway.

All that, combined with the fact that I have one of the smallest fleets, resource pools, influence pools, and number of systems, means that I should be WAY WAY down on your list of concerns.

I've got as far as I can go. Someone else will win.

Rant over. I will post my status when I get to a computer.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4411 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:42 PM

Thus why I wasn't too worried about Khell.

Twelve and Morgoth and Tapper are the threats right now.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4412 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:42 PM

IH, i'm ready to post my status, just waiting for your answer or some dialogue whether you'd agree to a deal between us.

#4413 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:44 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 June 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

If you were to place it (A wormhole) for our deal then where would you want it to go? At least I'll have that ready if IH does not want to deal.

#4414 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:44 PM

Daemon.

#4415 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

You do realise Morgoth can move it away before taking an action, he has my racial PN

#4416 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:49 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 June 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

I am at 5 points :p I am a very unlikely winner.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4417 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:50 PM

Sorry tatts, but wormhole placement doesn't seem all that important to me, especially not to lose an action card, and a tg from Nico's looting.

I probably will be using all my action cards, I'm happy to help as I can though, I'd potentially trade you my PN for something else or trade you an action card if I get one (I don't actually have many component ones)

#4418 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

We're waiting on Khell and Tatts?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4419 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:07 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 14 June 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Sorry tatts, but wormhole placement doesn't seem all that important to me, especially not to lose an action card, and a tg from Nico's looting.

I probably will be using all my action cards, I'm happy to help as I can though, I'd potentially trade you my PN for something else or trade you an action card if I get one (I don't actually have many component ones)

How about my trade PN for your racial PN?

#4420 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:10 PM

Actually the logical place is between Tapper and Morgoths. Especially with their politics trading they have been doing. I can't gain more than 2 points a round tops so that is 2 more rounds. With the way Morgoth and Tapper have a chance at Imperial, Morgoth can win this round as he can still score secret objectives too. We need to start putting pressure on him.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users